Understanding the religious mindset and whether atheist political motivations polluted RELIGION.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Understanding the religious mindset and whether atheist political motivations polluted RELIGION.

Post by attofishpi »

Understanding the religious mindset and whether atheist political motivations polluted RELIGION for gain.

The entire concept of "Understanding the Religious mindset" is ridiculous in consideration of human aspiration over aeons - whether it be with 'belief' or without.
henry quirk

Re: Understanding the religious mindset and whether atheist political motivations polluted RELIGION.

Post by henry quirk »

I see two questions...

What is the religious mindset?

Simply, the intuitive recognition that Reality is not morally inert, that Reality has a Creator, that it is possible to know this Creator.

Others will say it fancier or with other stuff appended to it. But this, I think, is the plain, unadorned definition.

Have non-religious folks taken a big steamin' crap on religious thinkers and thought?

Absolutely. Within any strain of thinkin' there are folks who only see an opportunity to profit. They twist and turn things so they're top dog. Rather than firm up intuitive recognition they divert attention to their lil interpretations of that recognition.

Outside any strain of thinkin' are equally pernicious folks who reject their own intuitions, and denigrate those who don't.

Such folks often throw out meaningless phrases like *you must hate reality or **your thinking is primitive and rigid or ***you want to rule over others or ****religion, or man, needs to evolve to dismiss religious folks. Religious folks sometimes get caught up in defendin' that which requires no defense (much in the same way free men sometimes get hoodwinked into thinkin' they owe explanations to slavers as to why they are free).

My advice: stop entertainin' these non-religious folks...they don't have your best interests in mind...they look to erode you and make you less...be an example in your day-to-day and leave it at that.

But, of course, when interfered with, defend yourself. You can't gather for worship Oh yeah? Watch this!

Now, let's see how many areligious, anti-religious folks trundle in and throw crap.

*no, you willfully, intentionally, blind yourself to what is

**no, you simply don't update what is true...you don't have to...there is no new & improved truth

***no, that's the profit mongers, not the religious

****no, truth doesn't evolve and man is fine as he is (a free will with a conscience)
attofishpi

Re: Understanding the religious mindset and whether atheist political motivations polluted RELIGION.

Post by attofishpi »

Politicians - and going back aeons - are EGO driven - very unlikely to be attempting to get into positions of power for benevolent reasons.

Any particular religion within a culture, is a perfect way to get a hoard on your side at the outset.

When I meet anyone of any culture - it appears we are ALL the same. Unfortunately the EGO c**nts that love power - are quite a different breed, and therein is where we end up in wars - fighting for scum psychopath power hungry morons that run our nations.

The common bloke, just wants to get along and raise a family - the powers that run all our cuntries unfortunately think differently - i doubt any of them have an ounce of belief in any God.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:53 am Politicians - and going back aeons - are EGO driven - very unlikely to be attempting to get into positions of power for benevolent reasons.

Any particular religion within a culture, is a perfect way to get a hoard on your side at the outset.

When I meet anyone of any culture - it appears we are ALL the same. Unfortunately the EGO c**nts that love power - are quite a different breed, and therein is where we end up in wars - fighting for scum psychopath power hungry morons that run our nations.

The common bloke, just wants to get along and raise a family - the powers that run all our cuntries unfortunately think differently - i doubt any of them have an ounce of belief in any God.
get back to your point - what was it BTW? - I"m an Atheist, how have i polluted your Reliion.

stay on point and tell me why you think i have polluted your religion.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:28 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:53 am Politicians - and going back aeons - are EGO driven - very unlikely to be attempting to get into positions of power for benevolent reasons.

get back to your point - what was it BTW? - I"m an Atheist, how have i polluted your Reliion.

Er...um... Are U actually DONALD TRUMP or one of the other fuckwit Amerry Can Presidents?

..U R confusing me...I am sooooo con_fused.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:57 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:28 am

Er...um... Are U actually DONALD TRUMP or one of the other fuckwit Amerry Can Presidents?

..U R confusing me...I am sooooo con_fused.
nonsequiter - my first nane is the same as that former presidnt (thug) - i go by me middle name though.

your point is to say????????????????

maybe get back on point - your point was?

atheists are scum and reprobates?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

I would not say that atheism has polluted religions.

I would say that they gave some religious doubt enough to smarten many of the foolish religionist up.

That is more of a slow working poison, and guess what. More and more are become better educated and modernized, and that kills the vile god religions.

Good riddance, say all women and gays. Rekligions longest running victims.

Regards
DL