Which is More Evil?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Which is More Evil?

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:51 pm
Evil is in the eye of the beholder.
no, excusing evil in the eye of the beholder.

right and wrong are absolutes per man the social animal - so reject your moral relitivism mindset.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:30 am SORRY GARY - bad day with the family - which I think have now disowned me (thank fuck) and a bottle of Jamesons - didn't realise until just now that I even posted that nasty comment.
..but Sculptor IS one of those things that I called U.

we all fuckup, only ting that matter is you affirm it and make mia cuplea - so in my eyes your appoligy make you a bettter man than without it.

your good Sir. - in my eyes at least -but i'm just an Athiest so free to ignore my post at your wish.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

puto wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:35 pm The Ten Commandments were ordered for a certain purpose. Commands are ordered differently in Jewish tradition; Eastern Orthodoxy, Anglican, and most Protestant Churches; Roman Catholic and Lutheran Churches. The orders of the commandments were to the Lord, or how to treat other people
it is improtant that according to Judaic Thology/law/philosophy - only the Jews are bound by the "10" m- and 913? of the rest.

all the rest of us - to be sdaved and not knowing YHWH - only need to conform to 3/4 of the ten - via the Noahide Law.

i.e just not being a dick and know right from wrong., and you are good for salvation (abnd of course do good works!).

- whole stpry of the pagan fishermen not wishing to throw overboard Job while he was sleeping i personally think affirms this view and was include in that story to affirm it. - Book of Job was written to counter the asshole Ezra - who broke up marraiges bet jes and nonjews - after returning from Persia - 70 absent - then all of the sudden shows up to nulliy marriages).

Ezra was a tribalist, author of Job was a univeral humanist.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:23 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:38 pm ...whatever clown wrote these down in the first place...
For all the gold in the Federal Reserve, you could not get me to trade places with you right now. No way.

Jesus said, "But I tell you that for every careless word that people speak, they will give an account of it on the day of judgment."

My suggestion is that you walk that back, walk it back fast, and walk it back carefully. You will be around to regret it, if you do not.
yep, and i never said nor believe the same as Spulture - but i can up burning in hell - not for my charctor - but only for my dissbleive in a perticual person being a particvular God's son.

lovely.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:38 pm ...whatever clown wrote these down in the first place...
For all the gold in the Federal Reserve, you could not get me to trade places with you right now. No way.

Jesus said, "But I tell you that for every careless word that people speak, they will give an account of it on the day of judgment."

My suggestion is that you walk that back, walk it back fast, and walk it back carefully. You will be around to regret it, if you do not.
yep, and i never said nor believe the same as Spulture - but i can up burning in hell - not for my charctor - but only for my dissbleive in a perticual person being a particvular God's son.

lovely.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

codirosso wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:09 am The first one (it's hypocrisy)
not nsesisarily - rabid Muslims and Jews kill Christians/Palistinains for thier god. defending thier gawd from other non-beleivers. (ya i guess thier Gowd is that weak and so needs help with an Army of God to kill His enemies).

there is also the whole "Rightous (Reichtous) killing theology - that of the most rabid of the followers of the Faiths - kill those that are saved before they can backslide into damnation.

learned about this from a documentary about rabid Mormons - a guy that killed his GF before she could backslide and reject god - but the mentality is found in all faiths amoung the rabid dogs.

but its all good right? - make sure your GF/buddies/etc - mom and dad are saved - then kill them before they might no longer be beleivers - so as to save them fro Hell forever.

makes sense to me - viwing the bigger picture - Hell is foreever - if you love someone and know they are saved - just kill thme so they go to heaven forever - vrese respecting their freewill to lapse and no longer be a beleiver when they die years later to end up in Hell forever..

so if you are a chrsitan kill all you think are saved and love - before they might lapse and go to Hell forever.

if you don't kill them then you don't love them - for you allow them to lapse and end up in Hell forever.

so i tcomes down to do you love someone enough to kill them while they are saved, or allow them to live to potentially backslide inot hell forever.

Religious Dogma - aint it great?!?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

codirosso wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:09 am

Have you heard of the attenuation and the context of sin? Of cold and emotional decisions? Of good and bad faith?
no, welcome education of.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:23 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:51 pm
Evil is in the eye of the beholder.
no, excusing evil in the eye of the beholder.

right and wrong are absolutes per man the social animal - so reject your moral relitivism mindset.
More gibberish.
If you want to demonstrate your idea, why not give me a couple of examples.
In other words; put up or shut up!
You may consult a book if you have the courage.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:41 am

lovely.
Gosh that was so bad you posted it twice.
Did you just die with your fingers on "send"?
Or are you having a stroke?
Would you like someone to call a doctor?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Of you could take your "god" and shive it up your religious arse?
uwot

Post by uwot »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:55 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:23 pmJesus said, "But I tell you that for every careless word that people speak, they will give an account of it on the day of judgment."My suggestion is that you walk that back, walk it back fast, and walk it back carefully. You will be around to regret it, if you do not.
Oh Mr Can you've done it again. That's another extra dose of torture for someone who would not have earned it but for you. I appreciate that you are not a utilitarian, but I haven't seen your interventions benefit anybody. On the contrary, there are several people who are now worse off because of you. Given the damage you are causing other people's eternal well being, is it moral for you to continue proselytising so destructively? Or will a quick prayer ensure that Jesus will again take responsibility for your actions?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

uwot wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:42 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:55 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:23 pmJesus said, "But I tell you that for every careless word that people speak, they will give an account of it on the day of judgment."My suggestion is that you walk that back, walk it back fast, and walk it back carefully. You will be around to regret it, if you do not.
Oh Mr Can you've done it again. That's another extra dose of torture for someone who would not have earned it but for you. I appreciate that you are not a utilitarian, but I haven't seen your interventions benefit anybody. On the contrary, there are several people who are now worse off because of you. Given the damage you are causing other people's eternal well being, is it moral for you to continue proselytising so destructively? Or will a quick prayer ensure that Jesus will again take responsibility for your actions?
Jesus already died for my sins so you can take it up the arse too for all I care.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:02 pm
uwot wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:42 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:55 amOf you could take your "god" and shive it up your religious arse?
Jesus already died for my sins so you can take it up the arse too for all I care.
God - Satan - same dude just different POV's on the entropy problem.

btw, good luck with that Je sus thing.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:52 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:02 pm
uwot wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:42 pm Oh Mr Can you've done it again. That's another extra dose of torture for someone who would not have earned it but for you. I appreciate that you are not a utilitarian, but I haven't seen your interventions benefit anybody. On the contrary, there are several people who are now worse off because of you. Given the damage you are causing other people's eternal well being, is it moral for you to continue proselytising so destructively? Or will a quick prayer ensure that Jesus will again take responsibility for your actions?
God - Satan - same dude just different POV's on the entropy problem.

btw, good luck with that Je sus thing.
He's already up yours
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:30 am SORRY GARY - bad day with the family - which I think have now disowned me (thank fuck) and a bottle of Jamesons - didn't realise until just now that I even posted that nasty comment.
..but Sculptor IS one of those things that I called U.
Hi Atto. Apology accepted. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your family. That sucks. Hope things improve for you. :(