Religion Is Insanity

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Religion Is Insanity

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:58 pm She isn't any example of Christianity
I suppose there are many examples of Christianity. You appear to represent the deceptive, self-serving kind. :) I've known many who are genuinely selfless in their service to fellow man, who they truly want only the best for. They do not issue ideas of threat and condemnation. They model love and acceptance. There are as many kinds of theists as there are non-theists... because such labels do not ensure or change the potential of people.

However, when the theist cloak is used by anyone to glorify, embolden, and deceive in service to ego, hate, or fear... with the group mentality/platform of religion and a god supposedly sanctifying it... there are insane outcomes in varying degrees (individually and collectively)... of which there are vast examples of throughout humankind and history.

Religion distorts more than it clarifies. It is a controlling vehicle, driven by man.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:38 pm You appear to represent the deceptive, self-serving kind.
As I said...hating is easy. It's so much easier than challenging oneself to learn to love.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:24 pmHatred is a very easy emotion, very natural to human beings. They enjoy it, because it makes them feel superior, or a righteous victim, or a fighter against oppression. They enjoy those kinds of roles. They use all kinds of ideological excuses for it: "oppression," or "the good of society," or "race," or "privilege," or any other excuse that seems to elevate their petty emotions to a higher moral level
You have just described christians like yourself perfectly (other less objectionable christians are also available). It is cowardly to look in the mirror, see that it is ugly and wish it away onto others. You have said 'they' three times, as if you are not part of 'they'. Three strikes and you're out is a bit of a theme; as Jesus said: "Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times". If you are serious about salvation, you have to learn to love people and love life, otherwise your personal hell is all you will ever know.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:59 pm
Lacewing wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:38 pm You appear to represent the deceptive, self-serving kind.
As I said...hating is easy. It's so much easier than challenging oneself to learn to love.
Are you talking about you or me? I don't hate you at all. I just speak the truth about how you act on this forum -- as I and others have witnessed and expressed. I wish the best for you.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:54 pm
Are you talking about you or me?
Not for me to say. Take it as a general observation, a fact about life.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:49 pmNot for me to say.
Then don't put yourself forward as someone for who it is to say.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

uwot wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:14 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:49 pmNot for me to say.
Then don't put yourself forward as someone for who it is to say.
touché
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Yeah, right. It prioritizes the question have you challenged yourself enough to love the damned, i.e., those who don't believe or worship Jesus and especially those who renounce the existence of any god? Or would you love them to such a pitch that you'd burn them alive to save their souls from further damnation?

Based on all your posts regarding atheists, I think the latter more likely!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dubious wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:35 am Based on all your posts regarding atheists, I think the latter more likely!
I'm pretty sure you won't even find one that supports that impression, but okay. It's maybe an easier story to tell yourself, I guess.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:45 am
Dubious wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:35 am Based on all your posts regarding atheists, I think the latter more likely!
I'm pretty sure you won't even find one that supports that impression, but okay. It's maybe an easier story to tell yourself, I guess.
Your perennial crusade against the infidel atheist is well-known and shows a tremendous amount of hate. I have no doubt that if you lived and had the power in the middle ages you would delight in consigning them all to the flames as an introduction to the everlasting fires of hell. For you that would be an act of faith, otherwise known as an auto-da-fé.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dubious wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:47 am Your perennial crusade against the infidel atheist is well-known...
Heh. :D You won't find any evidence for that.
Walker

Post by Walker »

What would constitute proof of God for a blasphemer?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:58 am
Dubious wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:47 am Your perennial crusade against the infidel atheist is well-known...
Heh. :D You won't find any evidence for that.
I forgot to add you're also known after years of experience on this site as a consummate liar, distorter and deceiver. Btw, this isn't an ad hom it's simply the take-away observation which others have also noticed of your attack and defense techniques which never vary and therefore always expected. Your master Jesus would be so proud! :shock:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

A little while ago I invited IC to look at Nonduality and what it is pointing to.

IC proceeded to look at it, but then announced that he didn't BELIEVE it.

His obvious confusion regarding the nondual nature of reality is at the heart of all IC's inability to be open and accepting to opposition and critisism of his very unbalanced one sided views. He's a typical die hard ''East is East' and ''West is West'' and ''Never the Twain Shall Meet'' type of believer.

In reality, Nondualism is not opposed to the theistic world view. The obvious reason why IC rejects Nonduality is because it transcends all ideas, philosophies, and religions. He's simply not open to the idea that there simply is no wo/man in relationship with God.
He stubbornly refuses to die to his I ( even though Jesus showed him how it was done )
Jesus uttered: "It is finished.'' ...an ocean of meaning in a drop of language. I am the First and the Last ( The Logos )

In Nondual speak, which Jesus himself spoke actually, Jesus said: ''The Kingdom of God'' which literally means 'nondual reality' as being beyond theology. Meaning, you cannot even speak of it, you can only be it, and know it silently. Therefore, theologies are only useful when they point beyond themselves to the Kingdom diectly.

That is why Jesus spoke in parables, he knew words would be misconstrued, but used them anyway to point to the one without a second.

In other words..to the..''I am the Lord, and there is no other besides me'' Isaiah 45:5

The problem is, Nonduality comes at the truth from a different angle than of Christianity.

Nonduality is neither 'this' nor 'that', it is One. We already know this. So the problem with preaching the truth, is that words are dualistic and cover-over what's actually being pointed to.

Both Nonduality and One-ness point to the same truth. .''I am the Lord, and there is no other besides me'' Isaiah 45:5

There is NO ONE because there is no 'OTHER' than ONE

Shh! Be still and know that I am God.

It's all very simple really, perhaps a little too simple for some people.

GOD is just another word for Beingness, Oneness, Everything and Nothing, What Is, Consciousness, Awareness, One without a Second etc...
uwot

Post by uwot »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:25 amWhat would constitute proof of God for a blasphemer?
The same as for a godbotherer. Whatever theists do have, usually a dollop of wishful thinking, coated with blind faith and a sprinkling of batshit delusions, it ain't proof.