the pedantry of gods

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

the pedantry of gods

Post by Advocate »

All theology, and especially apologetics, is pedantic, attempting to justify trees when their claim that there is a forest remains unconvincing.
mickthinks

Re: the pedantry of gods

Post by mickthinks »

I get that you don't like theology. I'm not a great fan either. But your objection here is incoherent.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Religious belief is a man-made security blanket for adult children who are suffering from separation anxiety.

In the real world. . . All there is, is what's happening, without any known beginning nor end. Life is happening, but it's not happening to a 'someone' or for a 'someone'.

The brain evolved to become large in the human mammal, and with that came all the complexity that is the human species. The main complexity of the human brain was the capacity to experience reflexive re-actions, and become conscious of such actions. These contracted bodily jerks artificially created an illusory conceptual secondary reality. This artificial capacity to conceptualise reality 'covered over' what is always already perfectly whole and present, a reality that is purity in all it's form and without need or want or desire or intention.

This artificial secondary reality ( the sense of I AM ) or (I AM knowing) is an illusion.

Reality is not an illusion. Reality just is what it is. The idea that there is a 'someone' who knows reality is the illusion. A 'someone' who knows reality is the dream.

Reality in and of itself is unknowable.

Things that seem to be known, are the dream, an appearance of the unknowable.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=mickthinks post_id=507861 time=1618670492 user_id=59]
I get that you don't like theology. I'm not a great fan either. But your objection here is incoherent.
[/quote]

Saying that trying to specify the imaginary is incoherent, is coherent.