Religious Fantasy ( Eternal Life )

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Religious Fantasy ( Eternal Life )

Post by Dontaskme »

jayjacobus

Re: Religious Fantasy ( Eternal Life )

Post by jayjacobus »

Humans are body, mind and soul. We know about the body because our nerves bring senses to our mind. Thus whatever our senses tell us about our bodies, the mind responds.

We also know about the mind because the mind is aware but what the mind is made of is unknown. This means that we can react to the senses our nerves bring to our mind so we can make sure that our bodies are fortified and safeguarded.

The soul is the immaterial aspect of our existence. It is maybe part of our subconscious which we don’t consciously control.

Without the body and mind, what can the soul accomplish in God's house? Not much, I'd wager.

Yet very few people seek support from their souls. So what good is the soul?

It is a source of answers for those people who seek answers but the soul does not speak. The seeker of answers only gets spiritual experiences from his/her soul and, if aware that spiritual experiences have meaning, will heed the teachings of the soul.
Dontaskme

Re: Religious Fantasy ( Eternal Life )

Post by Dontaskme »

jayjacobus wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:16 pm Humans are body, mind and soul. We know about the body because our nerves bring senses to our mind. Thus whatever our senses tell us about our bodies, the mind responds.

We also know about the mind because the mind is aware but what the mind is made of is unknown. This means that we can react to the senses our nerves bring to our mind so we can make sure that our bodies are fortified and safeguarded.

The soul is the immaterial aspect of our existence. It is maybe part of our subconscious which we don’t consciously control.

Without the body and mind, what can the soul accomplish in God's house? Not much, I'd wager.

Yet very few people seek support from their souls. So what good is the soul?

It is a source of answers for those people who seek answers but the soul does not speak. The seeker of answers only gets spiritual experiences from his/her soul and, if aware that spiritual experiences have meaning, will heed the teachings of the soul.
Just more phantasmagorical mush.

Never can a subjective experience ever be found via the objective perspective.

The brain and the mind are two different aspects of the same exact substance.

________
Disclaimer: anything I say is of my opinion.