Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight Part 3

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight Part 3

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can - I haven't finished with you yet. :wink:

I want to talk with you about biblical contradictions. If the bible truly is the word of God, and is written by a perfect being, then it must not contradict itself, is this correct?

“… I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” — Genesis 32:30

“No man hath seen God at any time…”– John 1:18

Question for you IC, who has claimed to know God..is, who or what is the 'I' that has seen God face to face. Yet, no man hath seen God at any time?

Are you up to the challenge IC ? your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, without the help of God :shock: :wink:

Immanuel Can

Re: Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight Part 3

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:48 am Immanuel Can - I haven't finished with you yet. :wink:
I want to talk with you about biblical contradictions.
Well, as you'll know already, no doubt, the Atheist set has spent a great deal of time trying to find those, and to make something of whatever they think they can find. So there is an abundance of websites that already extensively address such issues. So if you actually care about those things, you can find the answers yourself. You have no need of my help.

Here's your first. I'm sure you can google many many others, because it took me about five seconds to find several: https://www.christianinconnect.com/reso ... bible.html

I'll leave you to it. You've got some research and thinking on your hands.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:48 am Immanuel Can - I haven't finished with you yet. :wink:
I want to talk with you about biblical contradictions.
Well, as you'll know already, no doubt, the Atheist set has spent a great deal of time trying to find those, and to make something of whatever they think they can find.
Hey, looks like we both share 'a something' in common - we both have spent a great deal of time trying to find those, and to make something of whatever they think they can find. IC found his find ..in the link he provided. :wink:

Unless of course you know for absolutely certainty that there are no contradictions whatsoever in the bible.
Even though the evidence to suggest otherwise are clearly shown in the OP :D

The link informs ''We do not have those original texts anymore. What we have are only copies''

Sounds like another dodge for the theist who cannot answer the difficult questions, but rather than just admit this to themselves, they pass the ball.

Who wrote the link you provided, oh let me guess...hmmm! maybe it was copyrighted, and not original.

Rather, just more fictional story for the archives. And the tower of babble just got more and more absurdly tall.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:19 pm Rather, just more fictional story for the archives. And the tower of babble just got more and more absurdly tall.
Okay. You've made your mind up. That means there's no more to say. You have free will, and you are exercising it in a way you wish to.

I wish better for you than you apparently wish for yourself. I hope you change your mind.

Bye.
Walker

Post by Walker »

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.”
- Emerson

“Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth.”
- Blaise Pascal
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:35 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:19 pm Rather, just more fictional story for the archives. And the tower of babble just got more and more absurdly tall.
Okay. You've made your mind up. That means there's no more to say. You have free will, and you are exercising it in a way you wish to.

I wish better for you than you apparently wish for yourself. I hope you change your mind.

Bye.
Cop out. I wish better for you too, I wish you an escape route from the poison that you think is your own mind.

Truth is, God messed up his story, leaving that mess for his loyal christian servants to clean up, because they were seen as beneath him..

Notice there are only two jobs for humans to do here on earth. Make a mess, and clean up the mess. For how much longer do you think this filthy game is worth playing for...another forever?

Intelligent people can just stop procreating and bring the human being to extinction any time they like, when they have had enough of all the suffering and pain, but they won't because they still believe there is a reward coming to them, even though they die before any reward is seen.. And we all know what happens when we die don't we, that's the time when the story runs out of ink...when there are no new chapters in the book, because there's no one to turn the page, and nothing to report, when all goes silent, still, and peaceful, and no more grappling and clinging on to the fall for dear life. Just a gentle letting go.

Home at last.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Tomorrow, we'll talk about Incest.

See you later mannie. :wink:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:01 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:35 pm Bye.
Cop out.
No. But everything good that can be achieved has been. You don't want me to deny you your free will, do you?

Even God doesn't do that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:17 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:01 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:35 pm Bye.
Cop out.
No. But everything good that can be achieved has been. You don't want me to deny you your free will, do you?

Even God doesn't do that.
You were the one who closed the door on me. I'm an open door, I'm a revolving door even. I swing all ways. I'm not rigid like some doors. :wink:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:22 pm You were the one who closed the door on me.
Not at all. I insist that the door must stand wherever you choose to put it. I refuse to push it shut and nail it there for you. I can ask you to be open to this or that, and even try to make a case for it; but when you've made your position clear and declared your commitment to it, what more can I say? It's your free will. You've expressed it. I've respected your right to choose.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:26 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:22 pm You were the one who closed the door on me.
Not at all. I insist that the door must stand wherever you choose to put it. I refuse to push it shut and nail it there for you. I can ask you to be open to this or that, and even try to make a case for it; but when you've made your position clear and declared your commitment to it, what more can I say? It's your free will. You've expressed it. I've respected your right to choose.
Okay, but you were wishing I would change my mind, so you were implying that I ought to choose a preferred choice, the same one that you have chosen I suppose.Then you said goodbye, as if you're own prefered choice was the right one. But here's my beef, if there is only one right choice here that is genuine and true, then what's the point in offering a wrong choice where there isn't one. See, another contradiction right there.

No one chooses a good life IC ... life comes in all sorts of shapes and forms. Some are really horrible, did I choose a horrible life?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:40 pm Okay, but you were wishing I would change my mind,
Of course. But I'm not going to force you to do it.
Then you said goodbye, as if you're own prefered choice was the right one.
If I didn't believe it was, why would I be wise to make it?
But here's my beef, if there is only one right choice here that is genuine and true, then what's the point in offering a wrong choice where there isn't one.
I'm not "offering" you the wrong choice; I'm offering the one I believe is "genuine and true." You're declining it. I'm respecting your decision.

So, to coin an old phrase, "Where's the beef?" :shock:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:45 pm I'm not "offering" you the wrong choice; I'm offering the one I believe is "genuine and true." You're declining it. I'm respecting your decision.

I'm declining the belief in God yes that is correct. I do not believe in the Man/God relationship. But I do not disrespect your decision to believe. And if your decision is the only genuine and true decision. And that the genuine and true decision is to live a life where sentient creatures suffer pain and torture, then so be it, but I just happen to think there is a way out when we use our intelligent free will and that way out is to extinct our way out.

I'm compassionate about things like that. I do not believe it is necessary, nor a great idea to create sentient suffering creatures to live lives over and over again.

If this was my design, I would seriously start thinking about another plan, a better one. I would definitely think about going back to the drawing board, preferably with some sharper pencils. I would doubt my intelligence that's for sure, oh wait, the universe doesn't have a brain. The only thinking brain that we know of is inside the hominoids skull, now imagine leaving them at the controls. Was that a good move? is that the work of an intelligent designer?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:40 pm

“Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth.”
- Blaise Pascal
No, it's a sign of a two way conversation with yourself. Don't you know.

The Tension Between Inner and Outer Self is what holds you ALL Together...else you'd collapse into a loose pile of goo, puss, and blood, oh and in your case ..shit. I hope you are going to clean up after yourself, and not expect someone else to do your dirty work.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:02 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:45 pm I'm not "offering" you the wrong choice; I'm offering the one I believe is "genuine and true." You're declining it. I'm respecting your decision.

I'm declining the belief in God yes that is correct. I do not believe in the Man/God relationship. But I do not disrespect your decision to believe. And if your decision is the only genuine and true decision.
Well, same, of course.
And that the genuine and true decision is to live a life where sentient creatures suffer pain...
That part is not a matter of choice, but of observation. The important question is not whether it happens that way, but what it means when it does.
If this was my design, I would seriously start thinking about another plan,

I don't doubt that's true, that you would. But since nobody's asking us to do that, it's a moot point. What's important is "What does THIS plan mean?"

Imagining away the evil and suffering we realize is around us doesn't actually speak to the problem at all: it just denies the problem even exists. :shock: After all, if all of what we think we are seeing is merely imaginary, then, as the movie caveat always says, "No animals were harmed in the making of this film." It's not real. It didn't happen as you think it did. So there is no "problem of evil," then.

Obviously, I disagree with that perspective. I think pain and suffering and evil are real, and are a justifiable concern. The darkness in this world demands an answer, and I think people are perfectly justified in wanting one.

No such answer is possible or available in an imaginary world. Unicorns don't suffer.