Is God an AI ?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Is God an AI ?

Post by Dontaskme »

Disclaimer: I am not the author of the following story.....

The strongest argument for us probably being in a simulation I think is the following, 40 years ago we had Pong. Two rectangles and a dot. That’s where we were.

Now 40 years later we have photorealistic, 3D simulations with millions of people playing simultaneously and it’s getting better every year. And soon we’ll have virtual reality, we’ll have augmented reality.

If you assume any rate of improvement at all, then the games will become indistinguishable from reality, just indistinguishable.

Here’s how it breaks down: According to Elon Musk, if you take the rate of growth in computational power right now and extrapolate it thousands (or millions) of years into the future, we will inevitably have the ability to create video games that are so real, we can’t tell the difference between the virtual world and reality.

In fact, Elon Musk believes that this fate is so certain, that we are likely already living in a computer simulation, created by an advanced future civilization.

Skepdick

Re: Is God an AI ?

Post by Skepdick »

The A in "AI" carries the connotation of an invention/creation. IF God is an AI, then who created it?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:49 pm The A in "AI" carries the connotation of an invention/creation. IF God is an AI, then who created it?
The only answer possible to be known is itself.

And that is why reality is likened to a simulation where nothing is really happening, it only appears as such.

Reality as it is known simply is unknowable. It's an unknown known.

Just as the characters have no knowledge of their existence within a video game or dream, same applies, who in reality actually knows they are alive or dead except what knowledge / information dicates.

While knowledge is known, the knower cannot be known without making the knower a known. This points to the Zero and ONE that is reality.

A reality that is an unknown known. If it was known then no question about a who created it would ever need to arise.

Reality would just continue to play on - it's a mystery even unto itself. It cannot answer, if it could, then it wouldn't have needed to ask.
And since it does ask, just points to the proof that the simulation is playing on an endless infinite loop that is this unknown known.

Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the A in AI is closer to "other than" human...

-Imp
Steve Petermann

Post by Steve Petermann »

I think it's an interesting metaphor. Since I subscribe to a divine idealism, it has some similarities except that the "simulation" is "running" in the mind of God. I use a few metaphors to illustrate this. One is Author/Story where the narrative is created and evolves in the author's mind. Every character is an aspect of the author's mind and has some limited freedom. Another metaphor I use is MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games).

[link removed - iMod]