Would you choose to be a God of dumb animals?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Man plays God with his ants - Brilliant Video : videos (reddit.com)

Humans, to Yahweh, are quite inferior to himself. The term dumb animal might be used.

Our wisdom is more like stupidity to Yahweh, --- is just one of the many verses that show how beneath Yahweh we sit.

We are also quite obtuse, to the point where we are told that the vast majority of us will end in hell and purposeless torture. We just won’t learn.

I would not want to be a god of any dumb animal. Especially if I had to genocide them now and again. They could not see my goodness. Just as I cannot see the goodness in a genocidal god.

Why does Yahweh want to rule over such a species as humankind, --- when he created us to be so low and just worthy of just his godlike disrespect?

Sure, Yahweh says we are above angels, but god hates those for being even more stupid than humans. He even built a hell for them. He even used Noah’s flood to drown his own son’s of god.

I would not choose or desire to lead dumb animals.

Why does Yahweh want to be a leader of dumb animals?

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Re: Would you choose to be a God of dumb animals?

Post by Dontaskme »

Dumb animals are the lucky ones. They're already in heaven.

It's the living humanoid zombies that I'm more concerned about, them critters are one really fucked up mess. They're quite harmless as long as you are speaking their narrative. But beware, they are quick to temper, and are thirsty for your blood..it's hell here in the world of humanoid zombies, it's like watching episodes of 'True Blood' on repeat.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:17 pm Would you choose to be a God of dumb animals?
What are the alternatives? God of Gods?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:20 am
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:17 pm Would you choose to be a God of dumb animals?
The alternative is worship of the state.

“Beasts of England, beasts of Ireland,
Beasts of every land and clime,
Hearken to my joyful tidings
Of the golden future time.

Soon or late the day is coming,
Tyrant Man shall be o'erthrown,
And the fruitful fields of England
Shall be trod by beasts alone.

Rings shall vanish from our noses,
And the harness from our back,
Bit and spur shall rust forever,
Cruel whips shall no more crack.

Riches more than mind can picture,
Wheat and barley, oats and hay,
Clover, beans, and mangel-wurzels,
Shall be ours upon that day.

Bright will shine the fields of England,
Purer shall its water be,
Sweeter yet shall blow its breezes
On the day that sets us free.

For that day we all must labour,
Though we die before it break;
Cows and horses, geese and turkeys,
All must toils for freedom's sake.

Beasts of England, beasts of Ireland,
Beasts of every land and clime,
Hearken well and spread my tidings
Of the golden future time. ”

― George Orwell, Animal Farm
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:00 am Dumb animals are the lucky ones. They're already in heaven.

It's the living humanoid zombies that I'm more concerned about, them critters are one really fucked up mess. They're quite harmless as long as you are speaking their narrative. But beware, they are quick to temper, and are thirsty for your blood..it's hell here in the world of humanoid zombies, it's like watching episodes of 'True Blood' on repeat.
I agree. The immoral religious are what should concern moral people.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

In a sense, yes.

That would look like the old Divine Councils and if we had that, we could actually seek a moral god to elect.

That was the promise of the scriptures, without any supernatural stupidity to go with it.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:07 am
Cut for brevity but nice poem.

The state is a better candidate, but I do not believe in the worship of any system.

When one worships a thing, he will not change it.

Religions, or states, like humans, should be respected for their good but not idolized as then we might stop evolving it to a better form.

FMPOV, Gnostic Christianity was that for both state and church but they idolized their systems and sent the inquisitors to kill the better ideology that can meld both state and god to what is best. An enlightened state and god.

Laïcité and a close fit to Gnostic Christianity is the closest to date and we can see the benefits of this in France.

Regards
DL
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:46 pm

The state is a better candidate, but I do not believe in the worship of any system.

Religions, or states, like humans, should be respected for their good but not idolized as then we might stop evolving it to a better form.

FMPOV, Gnostic Christianity was that for both state and church but they idolized their systems and sent the inquisitors to kill the better ideology that can meld both state and god to what is best. An enlightened state and god.

Laïcité and a close fit to Gnostic Christianity is the closest to date and we can see the benefits of this in France.

Regards
DL
The system may be a reflection of an ideology, but it need not be.

For example, a system can be totalitarian, and that ideology will exhibit throughout many facets of a totalitarian's life, the system of governance being but one exhibition.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:29 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:46 pm

Regards
DL
The system may be a reflection of an ideology, but it need not be.

For example, a system can be totalitarian, and that ideology will exhibit throughout many facets of a totalitarian's life, the system of governance being but one exhibition.
Yes. Whatever ideology in place will effect all aspects of ones life.

I disagree with your first.

To my way of thinking, KIS, all thinking system, theology, philosophies etc. fit under the description of ideology.

Regards
DL