Does God have a Plan?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Does God have a Plan?

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pm Image
From this ...................................................to this

Pretty much in the blink of an eye [relative to time and space]

Yep - downhill all the way.

THe people that made and use the tools on the left, were fully engaged and skilled hunter gatherers.
The people that use the tool on the right are dependant, subordinate and helpless. Living empty unnatural lives.
God is nowhere to be seen here
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:40 pm God is nowhere to be seen here
Future For Humanity :arrow:

Believers of a God that never shows up, answers prayers, is both silent and invisible at the same time :arrow: trapped in a Stockholm Syndrome mentality.

World of A.I.cyborg technocracy - obedience trained :arrow: trapped in a Stockholm Syndrome mentality.

Man is born free but everywhere he is in chains —Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Of course the faithful will always be willing and ready to participate in their own enslavement.

VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

One can view the future of humanity as a dismal thing...but all things considered, humanity has done well in an extremely difficult situation...
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

VVilliam wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:28 pm One can view the future of humanity as a dismal thing...but all things considered, humanity has done well in an extremely difficult situation...

"Well".??
Are you sure?
Humans like to use their human metric to compare themselves with other species.
Since all other species are less human than humans; guess who wins?

For my money Whales are the most successful species on the planet.
They have the biggest brains.
They are perfectly adapted to their environment.
They sing their histories to each other.
They live long lives. Blue whales get up to 90 years. 90 good years. Humans are basically fucked after 50.
The largest of them have no predators.
Those that are predators are the masters of the oceans. (Orca).

You might say that human could kil them all, so are "superior". But that would place viruses above all.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:39 pm
VVilliam wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:28 pm One can view the future of humanity as a dismal thing...but all things considered, humanity has done well in an extremely difficult situation...

"Well".??
Are you sure?
Humans like to use their human metric to compare themselves with other species.
Since all other species are less human than humans; guess who wins?
Not all humans think through the filter of that particular belief system...
For my money Whales are the most successful species on the planet.
They have the biggest brains.
They are perfectly adapted to their environment.
They sing their histories to each other.
They live long lives. Blue whales get up to 90 years. 90 good years. Humans are basically fucked after 50.
The largest of them have no predators.
Those that are predators are the masters of the oceans. (Orca).

You might say that human could kill them all, so are "superior". But that would place viruses above all.

Quite so. But that does not take away from the truth of my statement. You have extended that process to include all other lifeforms, and in that I would say "One can view the future of life on earth as a dismal thing...but all things considered, life in its myriad of forms, has done well in an extremely difficult situation..."
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

VVilliam wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:39 pm, life in its myriad of forms, has done well in an extremely difficult situation..."
Life has done as the environment has allowed; the great driver of evolution.

This is not well, or bad. It is what it is.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:54 pm
VVilliam wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:39 pm, life in its myriad of forms, has done well in an extremely difficult situation..."

Unless one adds the idea that it is a creation, and therefore there is a creator...then most folk cannot tolerate it as anything other than 'bad' or try to 'explain the 'bad' as 'good'.

For my part, I have no problem with the idea of being within a created reality experience and saying 'it is what it is' without judgement which has gone through the filter of 'good and bad' ...
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

VVilliam wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:06 pm

Unless one adds the idea that it is a creation, and therefore there is a creator...then most folk cannot tolerate it as anything other than 'bad' or try to 'explain the 'bad' as 'good'.

For my part, I have no problem with the idea of being within a created reality experience and saying 'it is what it is' without judgement which has gone through the filter of 'good and bad' ...
No idea what you are trying to say.
What are you comparing it with to be able to give it a value judgement?
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:42 pm
VVilliam wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:06 pm

What are you comparing it with to be able to give it a value judgement?
What are you comparing it with, to be able to give it a value judgement?

Are not both our points accepting "it is what it is" without judgement?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 am
Age wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:36 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pm

You are welcome, I know you are an appreciating type - I respect and trust those types.

Yes we can do something, we can take sole responsibility for our own actions,we can keep our own house in order. We can be at peace and in harmony with our own self - and when we can do that - we can then be at peace and in harmony with others.
Yes, we can be at peace and in harmony with 'our own self', but we can only do this, properly and correctly, after we learn and KNOW thy True Self.

And, we can only Truly be living in peace and harmony with ALL "others" when we agree that the goal is achieveable and we know what thee plan Is.
I see. . but I'm not convinced of this plan.
But the details of the plan have not been shared, expressed, nor explained, yet.

Is there more chance of being 'convinced' of some 'thing', AFTER you are made fully aware of 'it'?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pmBut what I meant by it's impossible for us all collectively to be in peace and harmony together as a unity. It's impossible because of the personal privacy problem, it's a paradox in so far as humans are social creatures, they seek the company of other people - they also value their privacy. So what I mean is we can't expect that everyone is willing to get into the same bed ( figuratively speaking, not literally ) and thrive as if we are all one happy family at peace and in harmony with each other. Do you see what I mean?
Age wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:36 amI see what you are saying. But I do NOT see, nor even know of, any, so called, " personal privacy 'problem' ".

What could 'you', human beings, possibly have, which makes you value 'privacy', and make you want to keep 'it' a secret, and private, from each?
I don't mean privacy in a non-disclosing private secret context. I mean we cannot all be expected to be at peace and in harmony with each other, all at the same time, there will always be times when conflicting differences of opinions arise, and there will be conflicting moods and personal tastes and behaviours....etc etc...
Ah okay. But when one learns and fully understands the reason WHY human beings have different opinions and person tastes, and so WHY you ALL behave not in the exact same way, then peace and contentment just exists, and then harmony follows.

See, when one learns and understands, fully, WHY the perceived "other" has different view, opinions, er cetera, then they do not feel a need to even 'try to' argue against that view, opinion.

When one learns and KNOWS why ALL human beings have the views that they have and do what they do, then 'understanding' ensures, and peace prevails.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 amAn example of what I mean is, are we just supposed to invite homeless people who live on the streets to come and live in our spare bedroom, the one we know has been empty for a long time? I just don't think we'll ever reach that sort of living in peace and harmony with each other ...that's all I'm saying.
All I am saying is, in peace and harmony there are no human beings who are, so called, "homeless", (unless of course they choose to be). This is because that causes homeless has already become KNOWN, and with this knowledge also came with it the ability to prevent homelessness.

Age wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:36 amPart of the plan to living in peace and harmony with one another involves being able to be Truly OPEN and Honest with one another, without ANY fear of being judged, misjudged, ridiculed, nor punished, AT ALL. Thus, there would NOT be ANY "personal privacy problem" AT ALL.
Sounds nice and ideal, but in reality, people are just like any other wild animal, we too are predators, accept it not, denial is hopeless when tested out, human primates demand strict spatial boundries, hierarchism is important to their well being, else they are like any other animal, and will attack when their right to privacy is breeched.
And in "reality" we also will not be able to fly, not could we ever be able to travel nor fly to the moon either.

Age, you live in cloud cuckoo land, but that's constructive criticism, and not meant to be personal or offensive.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 amSentient creatures care only for themselves, it's a fact that selfishness is part of how life has ever evolved to where it's at now in the first place, but if you want to deny this fact, then that's your prerogative.
So, if this was true you have abused and/or killed your children, or did you do want you could for them, so that then they could and would have children? Passing the original genes, from Life, Itself, along?

And, if you Truly care only for "your self", then which 'self' is that, and WHY?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 amPeople are only interested in you, because they want something, if they didn't want something, then there would be no interest there.
And part of this is to pass thee gene along, which is obviously NOT the individual human being gene because that gene was around way before that 'you' ever came along.

When one learns and understands, fully, thy True Self, then WHY greed and selfishness along WITH love and peacefulness exist.

People just misinterpret the justified selfishness of thee One and ONLY True Self, with the one individual personal self.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 amAnother thing is that people are quite capable and happy living solo lives. People are selfish to the core, they will never be any different because the truth of life on earth is always about the survival.
Lol If the individual one is going to die, which thee Truth of, hopefully, does not need saying and repeating here, then "survival" is all but a figment of the imagination.

Personal human being 'selves' do NOT survive.

Thy True Self, however, is a completely different story.

By the way, I would not be so quick to refute a plan/story before you have had a chance to look at ALL of it.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 amWhich is an ugly game, cannibalism comes to mind, something has to lose so that something can win. It's quite a grotesque frankenstien freak show to be honest.
EVERY thing is relative, to the observer.

What is unfolding before me, is absolutely beautiful
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 amAnd what's even worse, is when humans are in total denial of their animal nature believing they are something special when they are really really not.
'you', humans, are nothing more than just another animal. And nothing less also, I will add.

They can sugar sprinkle this shit show all they like, won't make any difference, it'll still be just shit with sugar on. I gave up sugar years ago, when I finally woke up to the actual truth of reality.

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 amAge, a question for you: Would you be willing to give up a spare room in your house if you had one, for a random homeless stranger?
Here is ANOTHER QUESTION for you; Could you missing the point that I am saying and making here?

In fact, could I even be talking about something, which could be possible in the future and NOT what happens now, in the days when this is being written?

From what I have observed a great deal of human beings think that the 'life' and the times that they live in, is the finally.

Just so you are aware, there is more to come.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 amThere is only one reason why TRUST is formed between human to human. It's a valuable commodity - it ensures ones survival, that's it. It's all about what's in it for me.
But WHY, 'you' will be DEAD in no time SOON?

What would be ANY purpose in 'you' surviving?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:10 amAh okay. But when one learns and fully understands the reason WHY human beings have different opinions and person tastes, and so WHY you ALL behave not in the exact same way, then peace and contentment just exists, and then harmony follows.

See, when one learns and understands, fully, WHY the perceived "other" has different view, opinions, er cetera, then they do not feel a need to even 'try to' argue against that view, opinion.
Age: You've nailed it in that last underlined bolded sentence.

There is nothing more that ( you and I ) can possibly argue about with each other within the dream of opposites (duality), now that we both know our true self...which is no-thingness.

And you are right, I agree, that ONENESS ( no-thingness) has no argument with itself. But there's a catch, and that is a reality that is within the dream of separation duality, is all about the world of opposition, the world of dualities, that are needed so that reality for the human character is able to make any sense of their world. And so waiting for each and every dream character to awaken to their inner oneness that has no arugment with it's apparent other dreamt character self ...would literally take forever and ever - why? because dream characters can only exist within the dream of duality, they have no other place to happen. They simply are no-thing happening outside of their imagined happening arena...apparently two, but not two, only one.

What you believe to be possible Age, will never be possible, for reasons I've just given above.

For how can ONE THING EXIST.... except in duality, the world of opposition where happenings are apparently happening, albeit to no one aka ONE THING..

So all this arguing and fighting and squabbling over differences of opinion doesn't matter anyway, because there is no one doing any of it...every thing is being done by no thing.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:31 am
Age wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:10 amAh okay. But when one learns and fully understands the reason WHY human beings have different opinions and person tastes, and so WHY you ALL behave not in the exact same way, then peace and contentment just exists, and then harmony follows.

Age: You've nailed it in that last underlined bolded sentence.

There is nothing more that ( you and I ) can possibly argue about with each other within the dream of opposites (duality), now that we both know our true self...which is no-thingness.

And you are right, I agree, that ONENESS ( no-thingness) has no argument with itself. But there's a catch, and that is a reality that is within the dream of separation duality, is all about the world of opposition, the world of dualities, that are needed so that reality for the human character is able to make any sense of their world. And so waiting for each and every dream character to awaken to their inner oneness that has no arugment with it's apparent other dreamt character self ...would literally take forever and ever - why? because dream characters can only exist within the dream of duality, they have no other place to happen. They simply are no-thing happening outside of their imagined happening arena...apparently two, but not two, only one.

What you believe to be possible Age, will never be possible, for reasons I've just given above.

For how can ONE THING EXIST.... except in duality, the world of opposition where happenings are apparently happening, albeit to no one aka ONE THING..

So all this arguing and fighting and squabbling over differences of opinion doesn't matter anyway, because there is no one doing any of it...every thing is being done by no thing.

But 'who' was "arguing", "fighting", and "squabbling" over ANY 'thing'?

'I' certainly was NOT.

By the way, HOW One 'Thing' can, and does, EXIST, is actually because of the two fundamental 'things' of 'something' [matter] and 'nothing' [space] coexisting together as One, forever, and ever.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:01 pm
But 'who' was "arguing", "fighting", and "squabbling" over ANY 'thing'?

'I' certainly was NOT.

By the way, HOW One 'Thing' can, and does, EXIST, is actually because of the two fundamental 'things' of 'something' [matter] and 'nothing' [space] coexisting together as One, forever, and ever.
Better known as within the imagined dream of separation / opposition ... the only place where I apparently is known to happen.

We're just saying the same thing differently.

Unless you want to argue that we are not. :D