Does God have a Plan?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Does God have a Plan?

Post by Sculptor »

VVilliam wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:08 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:42 pm
VVilliam wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:06 pm

Unless one adds the idea that it is a creation, and therefore there is a creator...then most folk cannot tolerate it as anything other than 'bad' or try to 'explain the 'bad' as 'good'.

For my part, I have no problem with the idea of being within a created reality experience and saying 'it is what it is' without judgement which has gone through the filter of 'good and bad' ...
What are you comparing it with to be able to give it a value judgement?
What are you comparing it with, to be able to give it a value judgement?

Are not both our points accepting "it is what it is" without judgement?
"It is what is it", is a non-value judgement.
Answer the question!
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:53 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:42 pm

Answer the question!
The question didn't need to be asked...look again

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:24 pm
Age wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:01 pm
But 'who' was "arguing", "fighting", and "squabbling" over ANY 'thing'?

'I' certainly was NOT.

By the way, HOW One 'Thing' can, and does, EXIST, is actually because of the two fundamental 'things' of 'something' [matter] and 'nothing' [space] coexisting together as One, forever, and ever.
Better known as within the imagined dream of separation / opposition ... the only place where I apparently is known to happen.
But, to 'me' there is NO actual separation/opposition, other than the separation/opposition that 'you', human beings, just make and create. This is not imagined but what you actual do.

Human beings actually make and create a separation through and by the words they use.

By the way, your words, "the imagined dream of separation/opposition", might be 'better known' by 'you' but they are NOT 'better known' by 'us'.

Something/nothing (matter and space) is also not imagined nor in separation/opposition.

Matter AND space always work TOFETHER, unified as One, creating thee actual ALL-OF-THIS/Everything, always, and in all ways.

To 'me', 'I' do not happen within some imagined dream. 'I' am thee One happening, and Knowing.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:24 pmWe're just saying the same thing differently.

Unless you want to argue that we are not. :D

If i recall correctly it was mentioned previously that under all of these different labels/names some of the words written and said are pointing to the exact same 'Thing', although, just in different ways. I have also offered to work WITH "others" in order to find out what words and definitions we ALL could, and thus would, agree with and accept so as to be able to LOOK AT and SEE 'this' ACTUAL Truth much better/CLEARER.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:08 pm I have also offered to work WITH "others" in order to find out what words and definitions we ALL could, and thus would, agree with and accept so as to be able to LOOK AT and SEE 'this' ACTUAL Truth much better/CLEARER.
There is no utopian reality for humans or animals ..EVER

That's just the way nature has programmed it to be.

It's a jungle out there. Just face it ..but if you can't face it, then you can always create an escape route through imagination and fantasy if that makes you feel any better, but it won't change a damn thing, reality will still go on being the same as it ever was, is, and always will be.

Welcome to the jungle. Mr primate who's brain got too big. :mrgreen:

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 am
Age wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:08 pm I have also offered to work WITH "others" in order to find out what words and definitions we ALL could, and thus would, agree with and accept so as to be able to LOOK AT and SEE 'this' ACTUAL Truth much better/CLEARER.
Okay.

And, what are you basing this on EXACTLY, other than past experiences?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 am That's just the way nature has programmed it to be.
Ah, so is this God's plan?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 am It's a jungle out there. Just face it ..but if you can't face it, then you can always create an escape route through imagination and fantasy if that makes you feel any better, but it won't change a damn thing, reality will still go on being the same as it ever was, is, and always will be.

Welcome to the jungle. Mr primate who's brain got too big. :mrgreen:
'you' are ABSOLUTELY FREE to BELIEVE ANY thing you like, and to SEE 'things' in ANY way you like.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:00 am And, what are you basing this on EXACTLY, other than past experiences?
Yep, it's based on experience, I've witnessed both bad and good. Never just a bad world, or a good world, always both in a sort of balanced kind of way.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:29 am That's just the way nature has programmed it to be.
Age wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:00 am Ah, so is this God's plan?
Creatures act according to their programme, they all commit both bad and good actions. Never just good actions or bad actions, but both in a sort of balanced way. You Age, have hinted that God's plan for humans is for us all to eventually come to learn to be at peace and in harmony with one another...So all I can say to that BS ...is that you are a liar.

Age wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:00 am 'you' are ABSOLUTELY FREE to BELIEVE ANY thing you like, and to SEE 'things' in ANY way you like.
Age, stop being a freak...I do not have to believe or see something in any way other than how the way is presenting itself to me in realtime, that I am able to witness my own eyes.

When a big dog chases a terrified cat into the road for there was no where else for the cat to go, which led to the cat being confronted with a big truck and subsequently ended up as a mangled squashed red pulp underneath the wheels of the truck. I am not seeing that event any other way than how it looks to me in the immediate moment. Nor am I having to stop and ask myself do I believe what has happened...I know it happened, ok. I don't have to believe it happened, nor do I have any doubt about the way it happened.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:22 pm

Answer the question!
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:05 am
VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:22 pm

Answer the question!
For my part, I have no problem with the idea of being within a created reality experience and saying 'it is what it is' without judgement which has gone through the filter of 'good and bad' ...

If you observe something without judgement, wherein is either the 'good' or 'bad'?

As can be seen, the observer compares the overall 'thing' with the "parts" of the overall thing.
Dontaskme wrote:When a big dog chases a terrified cat into the road for there was no where else for the cat to go, which led to the cat being confronted with a big truck and subsequently ended up as a mangled squashed red pulp underneath the wheels of the truck. I am not seeing that event any other way than how it looks to me in the immediate moment. Nor am I having to stop and ask myself do I believe what has happened...I know it happened, ok. I don't have to believe it happened, nor do I have any doubt about the way it happened.
But what need is there of complicating the thing observed, by placing it through further processes in order to have an "explanation" which falls under the headings "good" or "bad"?

The extra 'knowledge' is surplus to requirement. It is what it is.

Does such a position therefore require that the individual positioned so, has no sense of morality? [that which separates humans from animals?]

I do not think that is the case, because the path travelled allows for the empathy to develop within the individual. By observing life through the filters of good and bad for a time, one develops sensibility and tends toward abstaining from those activities which are willfully creating chaos [hurt, confusion etc], not through judgement but through understanding.

[been there done that moved on it is what it is...]
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

VVilliam wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:55 pm

If you observe something without judgement, wherein is either the 'good' or 'bad'?

As can be seen, the observer compares the overall 'thing' with the "parts" of the overall thing.
You are not making any sense

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:41 am

Age wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:00 am And, what are you basing this on EXACTLY, other than past experiences?
Yep, it's based on experience, I've witnessed both bad and good. Never just a bad world, or a good world, always both in a sort of balanced kind of way.
What 'you', an individual human being, class as 'good' nor 'bad' has no bearing on what i was pointing out here, which was; How can 'you', an individual, accurately base what will, or will not happen, in the future, for the WHOLE of humankind, only on what has happened in your own, very short, past experiences alone?
Age wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:00 am Ah, so is this God's plan?
Creatures act according to their programme, they all commit both bad and good actions.
Not ALL creatures commit both bad and good actions. Only SOME creatures do. However, this is completely irrelevant to the actual question that I asked you.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:41 amNever just good actions or bad actions, but both in a sort of balanced way. You Age, have hinted that God's plan for humans is for us all to eventually come to learn to be at peace and in harmony with one another...So all I can say to that BS ...is that you are a liar.
Okay.
Age wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:00 am 'you' are ABSOLUTELY FREE to BELIEVE ANY thing you like, and to SEE 'things' in ANY way you like.
Age, stop being a freak...I do not have to believe or see something in any way other than how the way is presenting itself to me in realtime, that I am able to witness my own eyes.
I NEVER even thought otherwise, let alone ever suggesting or saying otherwise, anywhere.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:41 amWhen a big dog chases a terrified cat into the road for there was no where else for the cat to go, which led to the cat being confronted with a big truck and subsequently ended up as a mangled squashed red pulp underneath the wheels of the truck. I am not seeing that event any other way than how it looks to me in the immediate moment. Nor am I having to stop and ask myself do I believe what has happened...I know it happened, ok. I don't have to believe it happened, nor do I have any doubt about the way it happened.
Has this got anything to do with absolutely anything that I have actually said and written here so far?

If yes, then what EXACTLY?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:47 pmWhat 'you', an individual human being, class as 'good' nor 'bad' has no bearing on what i was pointing out here, which was; How can 'you', an individual, accurately base what will, or will not happen, in the future, for the WHOLE of humankind, only on what has happened in your own, very short, past experiences alone?
I've already explained, go back through the whole conversation and try to LISTEN more carefully, and you will see, rather than just keep stating the well thought out responses to you have no bearing on what you were pointing to, when in actual fact they do, except you seem to show such an annoying incapability of being able to decipher any bearings when they are clearly presented to you..

We cannot know the future, we can only project one, which will never represent the present moment, because only what's happening in the present moment can be known. You've even made a projection into the future yourself, when you stated that every person when they know their true self is capable of living in peace and harmony as one.

The point is, that projection you made is not happening now, so the suggestion made by you Age, informs a future time, and that future time must be a belief you have now that there is possibly a future time when people will live in peace and harmony as a collective one.
That's a typical BELIEF AND ASSUMPTION made now.
Age wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:47 pmOkay.
You made a future projection, so you must have a belief in this future projection to be possible.
You have claimed many times that you have no beliefs. So that makes you a liar. You couldn't have made the future projection had you not believed your assumption of what you DID state was possible. No one can know the future, so you must have been making an assumption that you believe humans are capable of living in peace and harmony collectively once they have come into the awareness of their true-self and or the actual truth itself.

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:41 amWhen a big dog chases a terrified cat into the road for there was no where else for the cat to go, which led to the cat being confronted with a big truck and subsequently ended up as a mangled squashed red pulp underneath the wheels of the truck. I am not seeing that event any other way than how it looks to me in the immediate moment. Nor am I having to stop and ask myself do I believe what has happened...I know it happened, ok. I don't have to believe it happened, nor do I have any doubt about the way it happened.
Age wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:47 pmHas this got anything to do with absolutely anything that I have actually said and written here so far?

Work it out for yourself, and stop being lazy. It is so annoying that you never seem to be able to understand what is being exchanged in almost every conversation you have with other people on this forum. You seem to live in a constant state of confusion instead of thinking more deeply with more diligence and disernment into how other people respond to you.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 am

Age wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:47 pmWhat 'you', an individual human being, class as 'good' nor 'bad' has no bearing on what i was pointing out here, which was; How can 'you', an individual, accurately base what will, or will not happen, in the future, for the WHOLE of humankind, only on what has happened in your own, very short, past experiences alone?
I've already explained, go back through the whole conversation and try to LISTEN more carefully, and you will see, rather than just keep stating the well thought out responses to you have no bearing on what you were pointing to, when in actual fact they do, except you seem to show such an annoying incapability of being able to decipher any bearings when they are clearly presented to you..
Some here are suggesting that 'you', "yourself", could do with following your own advice.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 am We cannot know the future, we can only project one, which will never represent the present moment, because only what's happening in the present moment can be known. You've even made a projection into the future yourself, when you stated that every person when they know their true self is capable of living in peace and harmony as one.

The point is, that projection you made is not happening now, so the suggestion made by you Age, informs a future time, and that future time must be a belief you have now that there is possibly a future time when people will live in peace and harmony as a collective one.
That's a typical BELIEF AND ASSUMPTION made now.
But this is NOT an ASSUMPTION NOR a BELIEF.

Because I KNOW what thee True Self is, then I also KNOW what is possible and thus what can happen when thy True Self is KNOWN, by 'you', human beings.

Also, did you NOT YET notice what I said, which was just a question, asked for clarification here?

If you just answered the question OPENLY and Honestly, then you may also notice the difference between what I have said about the future from what you have said. You might also then be able to decipher the difference.
Age wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:47 pmOkay.
You made a future projection, so you must have a belief in this future projection to be possible.
This is NOT necessarily true AT ALL.

I have MANY views, and NONE of them 'have to be' a BELIEF, AT ALL.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 am You have claimed many times that you have no beliefs.
And I am still claiming this.

See, whenever any person 'tries to' inform 'me' or "others" of what the actual thinking is that is going on within this head, and that person is WRONG, then I will just inform them of this.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 am So that makes you a liar.
LOL. So, there is a BELIEF within that head, and the pursuing thinking is; that is the end of this matter.

Look, you are FREE to BELIEVE whatever you like, but just be forewarned your BELIEFS are NOT necessarily true at all. Unless, OF COURSE, you can PROVE otherwise.

If you can PROVE what you CLAIM here, then feel completely FREE to go ahead and PROVE it.

Until then what remains will just be your own unsubstantiated and unsupported BELIEF/S.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 am You couldn't have made the future projection had you not believed your assumption of what you DID state was possible.
Yes I CAN.

I CAN do this by the very simple measure of KNOWING. See, I CAN KNOW some 'thing', without having to necessarily BELIEVE it.

I can just KNOW some things, without BELIEVING them. Just like I can THINK some things, without BELIEVING them also.

In fact, I neither BELIEVE nor DISBELIEVE ANY thing.

I also do not like to ASSUME ANY thing as well.

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 am No one can know the future, so you must have been making an assumption that you believe humans are capable of living in peace and harmony collectively once they have come into the awareness of their true-self and or the actual truth itself.
If some thing has ALREADY BEEN DONE, then one can KNOW what is possible in the future.

Age wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:47 pmHas this got anything to do with absolutely anything that I have actually said and written here so far?

Work it out for yourself, and stop being lazy.
Are you capable of CLARIFYING your own words.

If yes, then I will WAIT.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 am It is so annoying that you never seem to be able to understand what is being exchanged in almost every conversation you have with other people on this forum.
And what I find Truly humorous is when people say things, which I then ask them to back up and support, to clarify, and/or to elaborate on, and they completely and utterly FAIL to do so.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 am You seem to live in a constant state of confusion instead of thinking more deeply with more diligence and disernment into how other people respond to you.
LOL

If only you ALREADY KNEW thee ACTUAL Truth here.

And, when and if you do, then you will SEE just how funny and humorous this statement of yours is here.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:03 amIf some thing has ALREADY BEEN DONE, then one can KNOW what is possible in the future.
But, only for thy personal self.. If some thing has ALREADY BEEN DONE for thy personal self. It is known in that self only. But, that doesn't mean that every other self will experience that same knowing. One cannot know that knowing for other personal self.

You would be lying if you made any claim to know for another.
You simply cannot know what others will or won't do based on what's already been done for you. It doesn't work like that.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:03 am
LOL

If only you ALREADY KNEW thee ACTUAL Truth here.

And, when and if you do, then you will SEE just how funny and humorous this statement of yours is here.

There is no IF here, this one here already knows.

So your response is based purely on assumption and belief, you claim not to have. LOL - so yeah, funny haha!

OMG Age, you're such a pompous idiot, really, listen, you wouldn't know how to have a proper philosophical conversation with anyone if your life depended on it. I understand you know true-self, but then when you attempt to put right in others their true-self, by making IF AND WHEN assumptions about them....then you are just coming across as being a complete and utter MUDDLED UP MESS.

But do not worry, most humans are a mess psychologically. And that's why they becomes seekers, to try and straighten out their tangled webs of frustration, some even resort to self-destruction.

Hope your book is coming along well. I probs won't want to read it though, I've changed my mind. I think I'll pass on that prospect, no offence.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:11 am
Age wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:03 amIf some thing has ALREADY BEEN DONE, then one can KNOW what is possible in the future.
But, only for thy personal self.. If some thing has ALREADY BEEN DONE for thy personal self. It is known in that self only. But, that doesn't mean that every other self will experience that same knowing. One cannot know that knowing for other personal self.

You would be lying if you made any claim to know for another.
You simply cannot know what others will or won't do based on what's already been done for you. It doesn't work like that.

If one KNOWS some 'thing', then that can also become KNOWN by "others".