Does God have a Plan?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

VVilliam

Re: Does God have a Plan?

Post by VVilliam »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:11 am
VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:14 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:42 pm :roll: :? :?: :idea:
If you are referring to the Christian idea of God, I would say 'yes'.

But what plan are you referring to? An overall plan or a specific plan for a specific thing?

Either way, I am sure "God" has a "Plan".

If the plan is specific to this physical universe, I would say the God will just let it eventually turn itself into a cleaver AI machine...those seem to be the algorithms which are running its unfolding...
That's the problem - if all events that happen are God's plan, like the God believers pretend to make claim to, then we humans just like other sentient animals never did have free will or choice to plan anything.
Are you asking whether 'God" has a plan, or humans?
We didn't even choose to be here, to be born. And that's a fact for certain. None of us, not one single one of us chose to be born. No one asked to be born. Not one single one of us pre- planned to come here.
We don't know that. We have no prior memories of choosing to be here, but we don't no for a fact that is the case.
And for those that have been born. Can they ever know what they are doing from one moment to the next when anything could literally happen out of the blue for absolutely no reason or purpose.. it's not like the born have ever been alive before, so all they can do from a knowing knowledge context is to make it all up as they go along and hopefully learn from past mistakes. Plans don't always go to plan, so it is misleading for God believers to claim that how natural events in life unfold is always God's plan, or it's God's way, or it's God's will. . because in reality, there is no God or any other agent here on earth making any event happen, it only seems as if there is, which is a false claim.
I know that serendipity and synchronicity are active ingredients in what is unfolding. It is a subjective experience [re the individuate consciousness] but it certainly points to confirmation of the idea.
But Yes, it does apparently seem to be where life for sentient human is planning to get to. I for one, can certainly report my own observations and see a humanity speeding headlong down the AI route. But to be honest, it wouldn't be my personal plan to go there.

So I'm wondering just who exactly has the ultimate authority to grant planning permission. My gut is, there isn't one.
We can clearly see that the path to the eventual replacing sentient human beings with their AI creation is traceable back into the distant past of human development.
Our forms are perfect for the task of creating tools...devices...machines...

From this ...................................................to this

Pretty much in the blink of an eye [relative to time and space]

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:36 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:57 amThe plan 'NOW' is the same as it ALWAYS IS. That is to come to Know Thy Self, so that 'we' can ALL live together in Peace, and in Harmony, as One.
Impossible to achieve.

Now all you've got to do, is be open enough to be able to figure out why the above statement is impossible to achieve.
If you BELIEVE something IS IMPOSSIBLE, then that is EXACTLY what 'it' IS, and WILL ALWAYS BE, to you.

Now, if you read the above statement again, from a Truly OPEN perspective, then you can, and WILL SEE, the ACTUAL WORDS that I used.

But, you STILL BELIEVE, "impossible to achieve", correct?

If yes, then will you explain to 'us', readers, what 'it' is, exactly, which you BELIEVE IS IMPOSSIBLE to achieve, and, just as importantly, WHY you BELIEVE 'it' IMPOSSIBLE TO ACHIEVE?

I can NOT figure out what you have claimed here, so will you explain for 'me'?

If no, then WHY NOT?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 am
If you BELIEVE something IS IMPOSSIBLE, then that is EXACTLY what 'it' IS, and WILL ALWAYS BE, to you.
Yes, I agree with that. I must have misunderstood what you said.
Age wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 amNow, if you read the above statement again, from a Truly OPEN perspective, then you can, and WILL SEE, the ACTUAL WORDS that I used.
Did you mean from a personal level, we can each live in peace and harmony with own self ? or did you mean something else.
Age wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 amBut, you STILL BELIEVE, "impossible to achieve", correct?
I'll have to wait for your clarification first.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:11 am
VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:14 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:42 pm :roll: :? :?: :idea:
If you are referring to the Christian idea of God, I would say 'yes'.

But what plan are you referring to? An overall plan or a specific plan for a specific thing?

Either way, I am sure "God" has a "Plan".

If the plan is specific to this physical universe, I would say the God will just let it eventually turn itself into a cleaver AI machine...those seem to be the algorithms which are running its unfolding...
That's the problem - if all events that happen are God's plan, like the God believers pretend to make claim to, then we humans just like other sentient animals never did have free will or choice to plan anything.
But this is not necessarily true.

See, part of God's plan might just be so that a species eventually evolves, and so comes along, with intelligence. After learning what is right and wrong, and then only choosing to do what is right in Life, voluntarily, or free willingly, then this species might start begin making a much more peaceful world, and thus start living with EVERY thing else peacefully, and in harmony, which might have been 'thee', God's, plan 'from the beginning'.

(When what the words 'the beginning', or 'in the beginning', actually mean and are referring to, exactly, and thus are better, more, or fully understood, then thee actual plan will start to become much more clearer, as well as making far more sense.)

After all, the individuals of this species did want to live in peace and harmony with EVERY one, from the beginning.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:11 am We didn't even choose to be here, to be born. And that's a fact for certain.
When 'you' use the word 'we' here, are you referring the collective 'we', that is; thee One and ONLY nondual One, or to the very many individual ones of 'you', human beings?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:11 am None of us, not one single one of us chose to be born. No one asked to be born. Not one single one of us pre- planned to come here.
But what has one single individual one of 'you', human being's, plans got to do with God's plan?

You did, after all, ask; Does 'God' have a Plan?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:11 am And for those that have been born. Can they ever know what they are doing from one moment to the next when anything could literally happen out of the blue for absolutely no reason or purpose..
Yes, 'you', older human beings, can know what you are doing from one moment to the next. Even when any 'thing' could happen "out of the blue", as some would say. As for if that happening was for NO reason or purpose or not, then we will just have to wait and see.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:11 am it's not like the born have ever been alive before, so all they can do from a knowing knowledge context is to make it all up as they go along and hopefully learn from past mistakes. Plans don't always go to plan, so it is misleading for God believers to claim that how natural events in life unfold is always God's plan, or it's God's way, or it's God's will. . because in reality, there is no God or any other agent here on earth making any event happen, it only seems as if there is, which is a false claim.
What do you think or believe 'God' is, exactly, here?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:11 am But Yes, it does apparently seem to be where life for sentient human is planning to get to. I for one, can certainly report my own observations and see a humanity speeding headlong down the AI route. But to be honest, it wouldn't be my personal plan to go there.
So I'm wondering just who exactly has the ultimate authority to grant planning permission. My gut is, there isn't one.
Who exactly has the ultimate authority to, so call, "grant planning permission", is said, by some, to be God, Nature, Allah, or any word that relates and refers to that One who has the ultimate authority.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pmAre you asking whether 'God" has a plan, or humans?
Yes, I'm asking does God have a plan.
We didn't even choose to be here, to be born. And that's a fact for certain. None of us, not one single one of us chose to be born. No one asked to be born. Not one single one of us pre- planned to come here.
VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pmWe don't know that. We have no prior memories of choosing to be here, but we don't no for a fact that is the case.
Ok, but I personally can't grasp the idea that we cannot know or have no prior memories of choosing to be born. So I can't talk about something I do not know for certain. I can only know what I am observing and experiencing directly. As far as I know now, I did not choose to be born.
VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pmI know that serendipity and synchronicity are active ingredients in what is unfolding. It is a subjective experience [re the individuate consciousness] but it certainly points to confirmation of the idea.
I understand the meaning of these words serendipity and synchronicity. But they are irrelevant to me personally in the context of this discussion because I do not know how they can be applied to what in my opinion, is always this immediate unfolding of events, that appear to be spontaneous as they are appearing, happening in realtime without any particular pre-planned agenda.
But Yes, it does apparently seem to be where life for sentient human is planning to get to. I for one, can certainly report my own observations and see a humanity speeding headlong down the AI route. But to be honest, it wouldn't be my personal plan to go there.

VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pm We can clearly see that the path to the eventual replacing sentient human beings with their AI creation is traceable back into the distant past of human development.
Yes I agree with you 100% about this upcoming event for humanity. It's really quite a fascinating time to be alive to see this event unfolding, although personally, I'm not really feeling the vibe in a favorable way on a personal level, I prefer the old way of life before computers. But then that's just down to personal preferences I know. However, we are the whole ocean so we have to flow with which way the tides want to turn, so we can't help but all get swept along with what's happening. So yes, the past has been leading up to what we are seeing here in the present, so all the prepping of the past is always a precursor of what is coming down the pipe now, but it's all coming to fruition right now. It is interesting though, I think it's life's attempt to want to live forever.

I agree with what you say...here :arrow: Pretty much in the blink of an eye [relative to time and space]
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 am....
Age, just so you know, I am only going to repsond to you one step at a time. My brain does not work as fast as your brain.

If you come at me with your million steps at once, for me to address, then I will simply have to decline, so it's not that I am ignoring them, it's just that they flood my brains capacity to cope with, and I think this tactic is totally uneccesary.

Now, I will await your reply to my earlier resonse to you when you stated about how we can all live in peace and harmony as one. And I replied by saying that I thought this idea was impossible. As you can see, I have replied to that statement, and so would like to just address that point before we move on.

I can see you've already moved full steam ahead with a new set of responses, so I'm just letting you know, I'm only going to deal with one issue at a time with you..hope that is clear.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:22 am
Age wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 am
Yes, I agree with that. I must have misunderstood what you said.
Age wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 amNow, if you read the above statement again, from a Truly OPEN perspective, then you can, and WILL SEE, the ACTUAL WORDS that I used.
Did you mean from a personal level, we can each live in peace and harmony with own self ? or did you mean something else.
Thank you VERY MUCH for the clarifying question. It REALLY is MUCH APPRECIATED.

I meant live in peace and harmony individually AND collectively. But what I meant more, or REALLY MEANT, is; we 'can' do some thing.

So the word 'can' means we 'can' but not necessarily 'will'.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:22 am
Age wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 amBut, you STILL BELIEVE, "impossible to achieve", correct?
I'll have to wait for your clarification first.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:51 am

VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pmAre you asking whether 'God" has a plan, or humans?
Yes, I'm asking does God have a plan.
VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pmWe don't know that. We have no prior memories of choosing to be here, but we don't no for a fact that is the case.
Ok, but I personally can't grasp the idea that we cannot know or have no prior memories of choosing to be born. So I can't talk about something I do not know for certain. I can only know what I am observing and experiencing directly. As far as I know now, I did not choose to be born.
VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pmI know that serendipity and synchronicity are active ingredients in what is unfolding. It is a subjective experience [re the individuate consciousness] but it certainly points to confirmation of the idea.
I understand the meaning of these words serendipity and synchronicity. But they are irrelevant to me personally in the context of this discussion because I do not know how they can be applied to what in my opinion, is always this immediate unfolding of events, that appear to be spontaneous as they are appearing, happening in realtime without any particular pre-planned agenda.
Imagine a 'pre-planned agenda' not as being set by a 'thinking' agent. but because of previous events only, what is happening now was, or more correctly is, pre-planned.

VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 pm We can clearly see that the path to the eventual replacing sentient human beings with their AI creation is traceable back into the distant past of human development.
Yes I agree with you 100% about this upcoming event for humanity. It's really quite a fascinating time to be alive to see this event unfolding, although personally, I'm not really feeling the vibe in a favorable way on a personal level, I prefer the old way of life before computers. But then that's just down to personal preferences I know. However, we are the whole ocean so we have to flow with which way the tides want to turn, so we can't help but all get swept along with what's happening. So yes, the past has been leading up to what we are seeing here in the present, so all the prepping of the past is always a precursor of what is coming down the pipe now, but it's all coming to fruition right now. It is interesting though, I think it's life's attempt to want to live forever.

I agree with what you say...here :arrow: Pretty much in the blink of an eye [relative to time and space]

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:09 am
Age wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 am....
Age, just so you know, I am only going to repsond to you one step at a time. My brain does not work as fast as your brain.
To be honest, the brain in this head is very slow. Looking at 'things' from the Mind is what speeds 'things' up, exponentially.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:09 am If you come at me with your million steps at once, for me to address, then I will simply have to decline, so it's not that I am ignoring them, it's just that they flood my brains capacity to cope with, and I think this tactic is totally uneccesary.
This is a PRIME EXAMPLE of just how 'slow/closed' the brain within this head REALLY IS. it had NEVER even noticed that i was addressing more 'things' then wanted. Providing to many 'things' to address was certainly NOT done intentionally.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:09 am Now, I will await your reply to my earlier resonse to you when you stated about how we can all live in peace and harmony as one. And I replied by saying that I thought this idea was impossible. As you can see, I have replied to that statement, and so would like to just address that point before we move on.

I can see you've already moved full steam ahead with a new set of responses, so I'm just letting you know, I'm only going to deal with one issue at a time with you..hope that is clear.
Yes, this is perfectly clear.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 amThank you VERY MUCH for the clarifying question. It REALLY is MUCH APPRECIATED.
You are welcome, I know you are an appreciating type - I respect and trust those types.
Age wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 amI meant live in peace and harmony individually AND collectively. But what I meant more, or REALLY MEANT, is; we 'can' do some thing.

Yes we can do something, we can take sole responsibility for our own actions,we can keep our own house in order. We can be at peace and in harmony with our own self - and when we can do that - we can then be at peace and in harmony with others.

But what I meant by it's impossible for us all collectively to be in peace and harmony together as a unity. It's impossible because of the personal privacy problem, it's a paradox in so far as humans are social creatures, they seek the company of other people - they also value their privacy. So what I mean is we can't expect that everyone is willing to get into the same bed ( figuratively speaking, not literally ) and thrive as if we are all one happy family at peace and in harmony with each other. Do you see what I mean?

VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

They are words invented to describe a actual things witnessed from a subjective position in relation to the idea that there is a mind behind the creation we exist within.

This is because the individual becomes an active participant rather than an indifferent spectator. The connect has to do with individuate consciousness and the creator mind....the intelligence involved within the unfolding story who is also the creator of the stage in which the story is set.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pm
Age wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 amThank you VERY MUCH for the clarifying question. It REALLY is MUCH APPRECIATED.
You are welcome, I know you are an appreciating type - I respect and trust those types.
Age wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 amI meant live in peace and harmony individually AND collectively. But what I meant more, or REALLY MEANT, is; we 'can' do some thing.

Yes we can do something, we can take sole responsibility for our own actions,we can keep our own house in order. We can be at peace and in harmony with our own self - and when we can do that - we can then be at peace and in harmony with others.
Yes, we can be at peace and in harmony with 'our own self', but we can only do this, properly and correctly, after we learn and KNOW thy True Self.

And, we can only Truly be living in peace and harmony with ALL "others" when we agree that the goal is achieveable and we know what thee plan Is.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pmBut what I meant by it's impossible for us all collectively to be in peace and harmony together as a unity. It's impossible because of the personal privacy problem, it's a paradox in so far as humans are social creatures, they seek the company of other people - they also value their privacy. So what I mean is we can't expect that everyone is willing to get into the same bed ( figuratively speaking, not literally ) and thrive as if we are all one happy family at peace and in harmony with each other. Do you see what I mean?
I see what you are saying. But I do NOT see, nor even know of, any, so called, " personal privacy 'problem' ".

What could 'you', human beings, possibly have, which makes you value 'privacy', and make you want to keep 'it' a secret, and private, from each?

What I see is if, and when, living in peace and harmony with EVERY one, as One, is occurring, then I do NOT envision ANY one would have ANY "secrets" at all, which they would want to keep "private".

Part of the plan to living in peace and harmony with one another involves being able to be Truly OPEN and Honest with one another, without ANY fear of being judged, misjudged, ridiculed, nor punished, AT ALL. Thus, there would NOT be ANY "personal privacy problem" AT ALL.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

VVilliam wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:40 pm
They are words invented to describe a actual things witnessed from a subjective position in relation to the idea that there is a mind behind the creation we exist within.

This is because the individual becomes an active participant rather than an indifferent spectator. The connect has to do with individuate consciousness and the creator mind....the intelligence involved within the unfolding story who is also the creator of the stage in which the story is set.
Ok, I think I understand what you are saying, it does ring a bell, so thanks for the explanation, and clarification.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:36 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Yes, we can be at peace and in harmony with 'our own self', but we can only do this, properly and correctly, after we learn and KNOW thy True Self.

And, we can only Truly be living in peace and harmony with ALL "others" when we agree that the goal is achieveable and we know what thee plan Is.
I see. . but I'm not convinced of this plan.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:13 pmBut what I meant by it's impossible for us all collectively to be in peace and harmony together as a unity. It's impossible because of the personal privacy problem, it's a paradox in so far as humans are social creatures, they seek the company of other people - they also value their privacy. So what I mean is we can't expect that everyone is willing to get into the same bed ( figuratively speaking, not literally ) and thrive as if we are all one happy family at peace and in harmony with each other. Do you see what I mean?
Age wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:36 amI see what you are saying. But I do NOT see, nor even know of, any, so called, " personal privacy 'problem' ".

What could 'you', human beings, possibly have, which makes you value 'privacy', and make you want to keep 'it' a secret, and private, from each?
I don't mean privacy in a non-disclosing private secret context. I mean we cannot all be expected to be at peace and in harmony with each other, all at the same time, there will always be times when conflicting differences of opinions arise, and there will be conflicting moods and personal tastes and behaviours....etc etc...

An example of what I mean is, are we just supposed to invite homeless people who live on the streets to come and live in our spare bedroom, the one we know has been empty for a long time? I just don't think we'll ever reach that sort of living in peace and harmony with each other ...that's all I'm saying.

Age wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:36 amPart of the plan to living in peace and harmony with one another involves being able to be Truly OPEN and Honest with one another, without ANY fear of being judged, misjudged, ridiculed, nor punished, AT ALL. Thus, there would NOT be ANY "personal privacy problem" AT ALL.
Sounds nice and ideal, but in reality, people are just like any other wild animal, we too are predators, accept it not, denial is hopeless when tested out, human primates demand strict spatial boundries, hierarchism is important to their well being, else they are like any other animal, and will attack when their right to privacy is breeched.

Age, you live in cloud cuckoo land, but that's constructive criticism, and not meant to be personal or offensive.

Sentient creatures care only for themselves, it's a fact that selfishness is part of how life has ever evolved to where it's at now in the first place, but if you want to deny this fact, then that's your prerogative.

People are only interested in you, because they want something, if they didn't want something, then there would be no interest there. Another thing is that people are quite capable and happy living solo lives. People are selfish to the core, they will never be any different because the truth of life on earth is always about the survival. Which is an ugly game, cannibalism comes to mind, something has to lose so that something can win. It's quite a grotesque frankenstien freak show to be honest. And what's even worse, is when humans are in total denial of their animal nature believing they are something special when they are really really not.

They can sugar sprinkle this shit show all they like, won't make any difference, it'll still be just shit with sugar on. I gave up sugar years ago, when I finally woke up to the actual truth of reality.

Age, a question for you: Would you be willing to give up a spare room in your house if you had one, for a random homeless stranger?

There is only one reason why TRUST is formed between human to human. It's a valuable commodity - it ensures ones survival, that's it. It's all about what's in it for me.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »