What happens to those who believe in God?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

DPMartin

Re: What happens to those who believe in God?

Post by DPMartin »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:10 pm
DPMartin wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:47 pm
without getting preachy, there's not supposed to be a cure, a replacement yes, but there is no cure.
What on earth is a replacement for human thought?
what man's Maker thinks. surly you understand that likeness and image isn't the flesh, when its understood that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, understanding, and knowledge according to those who have done so. there is what man likes to think and there is what God knows.

therefore like a child who thinks one way replaces it with the thinking of an adult.
DPMartin

Re: What happens to those who believe in God?

Post by DPMartin »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:51 pm
DPMartin wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:43 pm
just because one is dead to the world, doesn't mean they don't exist, or don't live.
My mother is dead, died at the age of 46, I haven't seen her since, nor spoken with her, nor hugged her. She is gone, she aint here anymore. That she is not alive anymore is a fact. I will never see her again. That to me really sucks.
DPMartin wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:43 pmthe resurrection of Christ proves that. or even though one doesn't believe Christ, people are technically dead on the operating table all the time now a days, they are dead to the world as in the world doesn't perceive their living being, or the flesh itself is dead, but when revived there they are their being perceived by the world again.
I know you like to believe in the resurrection. But until I see with my own physical eyes, my mother walk through my front door, what you try to convince me, will be seen as meaningless, futile and pointless.
what does your mother got to do with this conversation? people die at 10 years old or 20 or 30 for a variety of reasons. people die in their 80's and it sucks. what does that have to do with the Truth of God?

how one feels, doesn't change how things are.