"In the beginning God created ...."

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: "In the beginning God created ...."

Post by Immanuel Can »

VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:39 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:30 pm
VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:36 pm The one you follow and the one I co create
Can you show where Christ told you to "co-create" your own path? I can show where he didn't.
I can show you where he did.
Yeah...no. :? Not seeing it.

You'd better explain.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:51 pm
VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:39 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:30 pm
Can you show where Christ told you to "co-create" your own path? I can show where he didn't.
I can show you where he did.
Yeah...no. :? Not seeing it.

You'd better explain.
You'd better explain...what is it the you are 'not seeing'?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:58 pm ...what is it the you are 'not seeing'?
Your other "path." Your "co-created" one.

You said that Christ advocated two paths, and that was one. I showed you the one I know. So now, it's only fair you show me the other one. Have you got evidence of what you said?
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:13 pm
VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:58 pm ...what is it the you are 'not seeing'?
Your other "path." Your "co-created" one.

You said that Christ advocated two paths, and that was one. I showed you the one I know. So now, it's only fair you show me the other one. Have you got evidence of what you said?
Oh I see. You showed me evidence and I showed you the same evidence but you don't understand my evidence. Because I, like you - didn't explain.

So what is this evidence we showed one another...perhaps a gateway to the paths...
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:20 pm You showed me evidence and I showed you the same evidence but you don't understand my evidence. Because I, like you - didn't explain.
You need John 14:6 explained to you? :shock: What was difficult?
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:14 pm
VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:20 pm You showed me evidence and I showed you the same evidence but you don't understand my evidence. Because I, like you - didn't explain.
You need John 14:6 explained to you? :shock: What was difficult?
Not at all. Nor do I need it explained to me how many different interpretations can derive from one sentence.

So back to my interpretation......perhaps a gateway to the paths...
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:35 pm So back to my interpretation......perhaps a gateway to the paths...
Are you going to explain it? Or are we wasting our time?
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Double Post
Last edited by VVilliam on Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:51 am
VVilliam wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:35 pm So back to my interpretation......perhaps a gateway to the paths...
Are you going to explain it? Or are we wasting our time?
I have made an effort and am now awaiting you to furnish your interpretation of said sentence...are you not familiar with 'one step at a time'?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

VVilliam wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:01 am I have made an effort and am now awaiting you to furnish your interpretation of said sentence...are you not familiar with 'one step at a time'?
I am familiar with "wasting time." I try not to do it.

So bye.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:20 am
VVilliam wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:01 am I have made an effort and am now awaiting you to furnish your interpretation of said sentence...are you not familiar with 'one step at a time'?
I am familiar with "wasting time." I try not to do it.

So bye.
I was simply mirroring the way you yourself waste my time...and it worked.

This is also why I stopped interacting with you here.
Last edited by VVilliam on Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

tillingborn wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:38 pm
Belinda wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:24 amLike so many other sayings attributed to Jesus you should look beyond the literal meaning to the metaphorical meaning. The metaphorical meaning of the quote is that you should put universal welfare and love over tribal welfare and love.
Jesus was fairly adamant: "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's foes will be members of one's own household. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. It may be that is meant metaphorically, but I think any God is massively over-estimating the poetic sensibilities of His own creation if He doesn't appreciate that some people will take it more literally than others.
Belinda wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:24 amThe ethics popularised by Jesus and Paul show an development of Jahweh from tribal to universal god. The roots of this evolution predate Jesus and Paul and go back to The OT prophets such as Isaiah.
What is evolving? God or prophets?
It may be that is meant metaphorically, but I think any God is massively over-estimating the poetic sensibilities of His own creation if He doesn't appreciate that some people will take it more literally than others.
But God and Jesus are two different persons. Jesus never claimed to be God. Jesus among other personality traits seems to have been a poetic Jew.
What is evolving? God or prophets?
When a man evolves and when a culture evolves it's the ideas as well as the practices that evolve.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

VVilliam wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:52 pm
Belinda wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:33 am
VVilliam wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:56 pm

We are left with one thing certain. That any type of enquiry first has to have something real in which the enquiry itself can be expressed from.

In that, the only real 'thing' is that which is making the enquiry. IF 'things' didn't exist in which to bounce off [make enquiry of] THEN what would one have to enquire about, except ones self?

Even if that which makes the enquiry is within a simulation, this does not mean that it is hallucinating.

Now IF we call this 'thing' which is doing the enquiring, "The Creator", THEN it becomes the source of everything else. [that which is being enquired about]

In that if we call everything else "The Creation" wherein does The Creator get what we in The Creation refer to as "materials" in which to do the creating with?

One answer is that the materials [as we experience them within said physical Universe primarily Planet Earth] are not 'gotten' from anywhere by The Creator, but are essentially The Mind of The Creator.

Therefore would could ascertain from this, that The Creators Mind has voids/blank areas in which The Creator imagines into existence "things" and these are referred to as "Creations" "Simulations" "Hallucinations" etc by the individuate consciousnesses within said creations, which experience these "things" as "real".

From this we could also ascertain that the individuate consciousnesses are not imagined and thus created by The Creator, but are actually [altogether] the consciousness [that which enquires] which is The Creator...essentially we are all [consciousness] The Creator experiencing The Creator's Creation.
When philosophers pretend to be disembodied consciousnesses they should do this for the purpose of thought experiment , always with the caveat that disembodied consciousness is impossible.
Subjectivity is imperative for learning from experience.
If the philosopher understands disembodied consciousness is possible through having direct experience...
I do not believe mystical experiences are caused directly by Supernatural Order. Mystical experiences are real and are caused by natural, causal process.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Belinda wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:31 am
Belinda wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:33 am
When philosophers pretend to be disembodied consciousnesses they should do this for the purpose of thought experiment , always with the caveat that disembodied consciousness is impossible.
Subjectivity is imperative for learning from experience.
If the philosopher understands disembodied consciousness is possible through having direct experience...
I do not believe mystical experiences are caused directly by Supernatural Order. Mystical experiences are real and are caused by natural, causal process.
Like when Jesus was tempted in the desert by his devil?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

VVilliam wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:18 pm
Belinda wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:31 am

Like when Jesus was tempted in the desert by his devil?
Many conscientious people have mixed loyalties. The good choice is often the harder way of life, and the good choice often pertains to changing from the narrower good to the more universal good. This can be very hard to do because it may cause you to be unpopular with old friends and relations.