Another FREE WILL thread.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Another FREE WILL thread.

Post by Dontaskme »

God gives us free will to choose
Once baptised the experience of his salvation and relationship with God is called theosis. Mankind has free will to accept or reject the grace of God. Rejection of the gifts of God is called blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (gifts of grace, faith, life).

______

In reality...Humans are not free nor do they have free will.
Walker

Re: Another FREE WILL thread.

Post by Walker »

Someone just had to start another free will thread.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:07 pm Someone just had to start another free will thread.
Please discuss the thread topic or go away idiot.
Walker

Post by Walker »

You must read more carefully.

The term "had to," is a somewhat subtle commentary on your lack of free will.

In other words, you had to start the thread at the moment in time that you started it.

You could not have done otherwise, given the conditions.

Just as you could not do other than call me an idiot, given your mentality, which obviously has only a tenuous relationship to truth.

Remember, keep it clean.
Deacons may be listening.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:41 pm You must read more carefully.

In other words, you had to start the thread at the moment in time that you started it.

Just as you could not do other than call me an idiot, given your mentality, which obviously has only a tenuous relationship to truth.

Remember, keep it clean.
Humans have no free will, nor are they free.

What part of this fact are you lacking understanding?

And please stop with the condescending, patronising, pompous demeanor, it's very negative, I'm turned off by it. If it continues I will have to ignore you completely.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:55 pm God gives us free will to choose
Once baptised the experience of his salvation and relationship with God is called theosis. Mankind has free will to accept or reject the grace of God. Rejection of the gifts of God is called blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (gifts of grace, faith, life).

______

In reality...Humans are not free nor do they have free will.
Once baptised we are almost literally 'brain-washed' - given over to a contract with God, usually before we can even speak.

Since I know God rather personally - well - 'it' knows me in much more totality than I even know myself, but I know plenty of God's' attributes.

Considering that it set out a bunch of conditions (as per at the least 10 commandments) - it is obvious that we MUST therefore have 'free-will' - other_wise - Y would God bother..

..yes 10 commandments, and yet so many theists bang on about God having unconditional love - WELL!! What are the commandments if not a set of conditions!!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:49 am
Once baptised we are almost literally 'brain-washed' - given over to a contract with God, usually before we can even speak.
So it seems.
attofishpi wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:49 amSince I know God rather personally - well - 'it' knows me in much more totality than I even know myself, but I know plenty of God's' attributes.
I is known. And that which is known can know nothing.
attofishpi wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:49 amConsidering that it set out a bunch of conditions (as per at the least 10 commandments) - it is obvious that we MUST therefore have 'free-will' - other_wise - Y would God bother..
If everything that happens is God's will, then why bother to grant free will to humans already knowing they could change his plan at any time. It's a stupid idea. Either God is redundant or human is redundant, One cannot serve two masters.

Ephesians 1:11 All things are done according to God's plan and decision; and God chose us to be his own people in union with Christ because of his own purpose, based on what he had decided from the very beginning.
attofishpi wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:49 am..yes 10 commandments, and yet so many theists bang on about God having unconditional love - WELL!! What are the commandments if not a set of conditions!!
Unconditional implies unlimited actions may be taken. Reality doesn't work like that, there are conditions to adhere to, like for example, a human can not choose to be born, nor can they choose the moment of their natural death.

Truth is, there is no chooser, nor doer, except in this illusory conception.

God is a mental contruction, a myth.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

I believe in free will. Why? Well, the neurons in my brain just fire in such a way that my fingers type out "I believe in free will". What choice do I have?

The same goes for my lack of belief in free will.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:52 am I believe in free will. Why? Well, the neurons in my brain just fire in such a way that my fingers type out "I believe in free will". What choice do I have?

The same goes for my lack of belief in free will.
Yes, belief is a very powerful illusion.

Knowledge points to the illusory knower.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:57 am Yes, belief is a very powerful illusion.

Oh. OK.

I know I have free will. Why? Well, the neurons in my brain just fire in such a way that my fingers type out "I know I have free will". What choice do I have?

The same goes for my knowing that I don't have free will.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:00 am
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:57 am Yes, belief is a very powerful illusion.

Oh. OK.

I know I have free will. Why? Well, the neurons in my brain just fire in such a way that my fingers type out "I know I have free will". What choice do I have?

The same goes for my knowing that I don't have free will.
Yes, ok, I get it, what you have said is known. And that which is known can know nothing.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:03 am Yes, ok, I get it, what you have said is known. And that which is known can know nothing.
I freely choose to know that I don't free will.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:05 am I freely choose to know that I don't free will.
Yes, that is known.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:09 am Yes, that is known.
Obviously. I freely choose to know it.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:26 am
Walker wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:41 pm You must read more carefully.

Remember, keep it clean.
Humans have no free will, nor are they free.

What part of this fact are you lacking understanding?

And please stop with the condescending, patronising, pompous demeanor, it's very negative, I'm turned off by it. If it continues I will have to ignore you completely.
No problemo, Boss. Your production.
I’ll observe to see how “it’s” done your way, but not how to live.

Do try and make it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMV1bwXyi54