Another FREE WILL thread.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Another FREE WILL thread.

Post by gaffo »

DPMartin wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:36 pm
gaffo wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:50 am
DPMartin wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:01 pm

freewill is a dilution in the case of choosing God. those that reject God's revelation of presence (Holy Spirit) is an blasphemy and unforgivable according to the NT,
nope. your reference is not to NT but Saul's letter, and ihat offense si to the Holy Ghost (rejecting) not pr rejecting God YHWH or his son Jesus.

sso Saul (not the NT) - Saul, thought the rejection of YHWH and/or Christ was forgivable, but not that of rejecting the HG.

for whatever reason, no clue on that - welcome coucil on this matter.
according to Jesus God is a Spirit, therefore the Holy Spirit is the presence of God as described elsewhere, as in indwell and one is a temple hence a dwelling place of the presence of God in the case of the born again. so the rejection of God's presence is the rejection of the Holy Spirit. you know 2+2 =4

also Saul, now Paul the Apostle to the gentiles, his writings are officially included as a part of the NT

thats seems a reasonable description of the HG/HS. I always though one's conscience could be" the voice of god" - i.e. not a Chrisitan, but if i were that would be my view a well as what you said above.

DPMartin wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:01 pm
the same NT also mentions vessels made unto honor and dishonor. the reason the devil can not be redeemed is he has seen God and rejects.

but in biblical context God chooses, no one receives revelation of God's presence unless He chooses to do so. hence the experience of revelation is to know. so on and so forth.

but if you want to call the choice of doing your own thing and not a nations or a groups thing whereas nether have anything to do with God go ahead.
Belial know God in the OT while erving him, only latter became YHWH's enemy.
DPMartin wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:36 pm

Balaam served Balak the son of Zippor and the princes of Moab, not the Lord God of Israel. Balaam was a diviner of which the Lord used for the sake and faith of the children of Israel.

the Lord God tells Satan what to do, or what he may do, as in the book of Job for example, doesn't mean there's a relationship of a heavenly nature, does it?
I've heard fof Balaam not the other two. i know nothing about them, i assume they are Cananitie/Edamite/Amonite? gods.

i refered to Belial, who is Satan by another name.
Dontaskme

Re: Another FREE WILL thread.

Post by Dontaskme »

You already exist prior to knowing you exist as pure empty consciousness aka a nobody. Knowing you are conscious is consciousness itself aka the empty witness becoming aware of a thought, which then creates the illusion of a subject and object divide, aka an awareness of other self which is nothing at all, and yet something, which is the same one thing appearing as two.

Decisions in the brain occur before empty consciousness is conscious of them.

The phrase ''free will'' simply describes what it feels like to identify with certain mental states as they arise in consciousness and our freedom constitutes nothing more than this illusory feeling of control.

In other words, we are the mere conscious witnesses to decisions that, deep in our brains, have already been made.

There is no one doing or being anything, only empty witnessing of doing and being . Neuroscience has proved the illusion of free will irrefutably.

Just thought I'd dump here some more word salad for you to ruminate on.