Who Sinned First?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

VVilliam

Re: Who Sinned First?

Post by VVilliam »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:03 am
VVilliam wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:50 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:11 pm

God.
Since sin is the breaking of imposed rules then regardless of the gods behaviour one cannot acurately cliam that the god sinned unless the god himself was breaking imposed rules...rules which we know nothing about so cannot make the call either way.

We can suspect..
But that is about all we can do.

Remembering that Adam was the first one to imply that the god was at fault...indirectly at fault but at fault irregardless.
God made adma god made eve.
He made them, they sin. The sin is his design.
Nope. The design allowed for sin to be possible, not for sin to be unavoidable.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:27 pm
VVilliam wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:50 pm

Since sin is the breaking of imposed rules then regardless of the gods behaviour one cannot acurately cliam that the god sinned unless the god himself was breaking imposed rules...rules which we know nothing about so cannot make the call either way.

We can suspect..
But that is about all we can do.

Remembering that Adam was the first one to imply that the god was at fault...indirectly at fault but at fault irregardless.
Exactly, God knew they would sin when he made them; he's omniscient.
He designed them to play a cosmic game in which humanity suffer whilst god watches.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:43 pm

He designed them to play a cosmic game in which humanity suffer whilst god watches.
Even if that were the actual case, unless there was a law which the god was breaking, the god has not sinned. Show me that law and I can agree with you.
On top of that, if there is no one to punish the god, then your point becomes moot.
Last edited by VVilliam on Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:43 pm Exactly, God knew they would sin when he made them; he's omniscient.
The myth of Genesis was wasted upon you.

The garden of eden was devoid of sin and suffering. It was perfect. If perfection and lack of suffering was what Adam and Eve wanted - they could've stayed.

But they wanted something else.

You know, like 40 year old virgins who still live in their parents' basement. It's safe, and perfect and everything's provided for them. If that's the life you want, you gotta abide by the house rules of mommy and daddy.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Even if that were the actual case, unless there was a law which the god was breaking, the god has not sinned. Show me that law and I can agree with you.
On top of that, if there is no one to punish the god, then your point becomes moot.
God can stop watching his drama anytime he wants. No drama ever happened without it being recorded for viewing evidence that it happened. No audience, no player, no play. It's all pretty much staged, just a silly pantomine full of boos and cheers for ones own entertainment and pleasure, it's all no-self selfing.

VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:22 pm

God can stop watching his drama anytime he wants. No drama ever happened without it being recorded for viewing evidence that it happened. No audience, no player, no play. It's all pretty much staged, just a silly pantomine full of boos and cheers for ones own entertainment and pleasure, it's all no-self selfing.

It has a purpose - - -

It can inspire...

I am inspired by the story [overall biblical stories] to see God in a certain way.

[As an example, such stories inspire me to think about the God in the following way;]

He is a recognizable being and has a recognizable form which is Hermaphrodite, but he leans toward the male aspect of his makeup.

From The Story inspired by YHWH:
Genesis 1/27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him;

YHWH is the product of the combined melding of creative abilities of a Father and a Mother Creator. He has an Hermaphrodite parent. The parent is the creator of the God YHWH. Such parents create Gods as offspring.

From The Story inspired by YHWH:
Genesis 1/27
male and female created he them.

In this YHWH split the Hermaphrodite aspects into a pair. Each of the pair represent the differing aspects of YHWH.

I think I am inspired by YHWH to know these things about YHWH...through the biblical accounts which YHWH inspired humans to write.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:53 pm
I think I am inspired by YHWH to know these things about YHWH...through the biblical accounts which YHWH inspired humans to write.
I'm not inspired by other authors stories.

I prefer my own story. The one I write. At least I can trust that story, to not lie to me, for real truths can only come straight from the sources mouth.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Then Adam and Eve did not sin either.
BTW
Sin is not illegal.

Why should sin involve punishment?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:56 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:43 pm Exactly, God knew they would sin when he made them; he's omniscient.
The myth of Genesis was wasted upon you.

The garden of eden was devoid of sin and suffering. It was perfect. If perfection and lack of suffering was what Adam and Eve wanted - they could've stayed.

But they wanted something else.

You know, like 40 year old virgins who still live in their parents' basement. It's safe, and perfect and everything's provided for them. If that's the life you want, you gotta abide by the house rules of mommy and daddy.
Your words are wasted on me, because I do not give a fuck what you think.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:06 pm
VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:53 pm
I'm not inspired by other authors stories.

I prefer my own story. The one I write. At least I can trust that story, to not lie to me, for real truths can only come straight from the sources mouth.
But are you sure in that, that you are seeing your story in a truthful manner? That of course is something only you and everyone else can answer for themselves.

But when we bounce this off of one another, it should show truthfulness...
Last edited by VVilliam on Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:36 pm Your words are wasted on me, because I do not give a fuck what you think.
And you felt the need to let me know why?
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:35 pm

BTW
Sin is not illegal.

Since there was a rule imposed, and that rule was broken, yes - it [the action of the sin] can be said to have been illegal.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:41 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:36 pm Your words are wasted on me, because I do not give a fuck what you think.
And you felt the need to let me know why?
Interjecting, the need to let you know appears to be so that you should understand that your words are wasted in that area. The question might then become, "So why do you [feel the need to] waste words in that area?"
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:46 pm Interjecting, the need to let you know appears to be so that you should understand that your words are wasted in that area. The question might then become, "So why do you [feel the need to] waste words in that area?"
Nah, he has some unresolved emotional issues.

He doesn't care what I think but he feels the need to tell me that.

So he cares enough to tell me that he doesn't care. Pity the fool.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:35 pm

BTW
Sin is not illegal.

This is a funny story.

God created himself in his own image and then punished himself for doing exactly what he told himself not to do.

hahahahah!! ... it just couldn't make it up. Oh wait, it did make itself up...hahahahaha!!