Who Sinned First?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

VVilliam

Re: Who Sinned First?

Post by VVilliam »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:49 pm
VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:46 pm Interjecting, the need to let you know appears to be so that you should understand that your words are wasted in that area. The question might then become, "So why do you [feel the need to] waste words in that area?"
Nah, he has some unresolved emotional issues.

He doesn't care what I think but he feels the need to tell me that.

So he cares enough to tell me that he doesn't care. Pity the fool.
The question I asked you has thus been answered. Your need to waste words on him are because you think what you have to say could help him with his ""unresolved emotional issues". I am not convinced it is helping, and he certainly is telling you that it isn't. So it must get down to your thinking is faulty in relation to trying to help.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:15 pm The question I asked you has thus been answered. Your need to waste words on him are because you think what you have to say could help him with his ""unresolved emotional issues". I am not convinced it is helping, and he certainly is telling you that it isn't. So it must get down to your thinking is faulty in relation to trying to help.
I am not trying to help him.

I am punishing him for the way he's chosen to play the game.

Incentives/disincentives. Is very Pavlovian.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:17 pm
VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:15 pm The question I asked you has thus been answered. Your need to waste words on him are because you think what you have to say could help him with his ""unresolved emotional issues". I am not convinced it is helping, and he certainly is telling you that it isn't. So it must get down to your thinking is faulty in relation to trying to help.
I am not trying to help him.

I am punishing him for the way he's chosen to play the game.

Incentives/disincentives. Is very Pavlovian.
knock yourself out. Bear in mind that the thread topic question doesn't appear to be in focus re your inter-dynamics with Sculptor
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:43 pm knock yourself out. Bear in mind that the thread topic question doesn't appear to be in focus re your inter-dynamics with Sculptor
I know. You made that turn.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:43 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:35 pm
VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:53 pm

Even if that were the actual case, unless there was a law which the god was breaking, the god has not sinned. Show me that law and I can agree with you.
On top of that, if there is no one to punish the god, then your point becomes moot.
Then Adam and Eve did not sin either.
BTW
Sin is not illegal.

Why should sin involve punishment?
Since there was a rule imposed, and that rule was broken, yes - it [the action of the sin] can be said to have been illegal.
Don't be silly
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:55 pm
VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:43 pm knock yourself out. Bear in mind that the thread topic question doesn't appear to be in focus re your inter-dynamics with Sculptor
I know. You made that turn.
No. I simply asked about it when it happened and tried to see if there were reasons for it in relation to the thread topic...once it was established that there were none, I said so.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:58 pm
VVilliam wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:43 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:35 pm
Then Adam and Eve did not sin either.
BTW
Sin is not illegal.

Why should sin involve punishment?
Since there was a rule imposed, and that rule was broken, yes - it [the action of the sin] can be said to have been illegal.
Don't be silly
Good advice you are best to turn on yourself.