Now listen carefully, this is my God explained.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Now listen carefully, this is my God explained.

Post by Walker »

- You understand of life what you understand.
- However, you don’t understand Buddhism.

The evidence:
- You said that the universe is a violent, uncaring, hostile experience.
- I said this causes the need for refuge.
- I told you what refuge is for a Buddhist.
- You disagreed.

Thus:
- You don’t understand Buddhism.
- This is a simple statement of fact.

- Wise up.
- Refuge is an elementary principle of Buddhism.
- It's common knowlege.
What Are the Three Jewels?

Buddhists take refuge in three different expressions of awakened mind: buddha, dharma, and sangha. Each of these is a precious and necessary element of the Buddhist path, and so they are called the three jewels.

https://www.lionsroar.com/what-are-the-three-jewels/
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:20 am - You understand of life what you understand.
- However, you don’t understand Buddhism.

The evidence:
- You said that the universe is a violent, uncaring, hostile experience.
- I said this causes the need for refuge.
- I told you what refuge is for a Buddhist.
- You disagreed.

Thus:
- You don’t understand Buddhism.
- This is a simple statement of fact.

- Wise up.
- Refuge is an elementary principle of Buddhism.
- It's common knowlege.
What Are the Three Jewels?

Buddhists take refuge in three different expressions of awakened mind: buddha, dharma, and sangha. Each of these is a precious and necessary element of the Buddhist path, and so they are called the three jewels.

https://www.lionsroar.com/what-are-the-three-jewels/
I understand Buddhism alright, so please get off your soap box, oh wise one. You're arrogance makes me want to throw up. This thread is not about the buddha religious kooks who bury their head in the sand pretending to ignore the facts about the real world. Besides, their beliefs regarding getting off the karmic wheel for good is not proven to work. The idea is just more human stupidity. In fact nonduality says clearly there is no one living life to escape life anyway. So Buddhism is just another stupid brainwashed cult. Humans are idiots getting involved with such cult mentalities.

PAIN and suffering is real, even though it's not personal, it's still an experience, and no one would choose to be alive to the horrors of what life can be, if they were really honest with themselves, but people choose to live for the fleeting reward that is the absence of pain, ignoring the fact that pain and suffering is the dominant negative in life.

So don't patronise me about wisdom you snob. That's the problem with you, you don't listen to what I am saying here, rather you just want to veer off on another one of your wild indulgent fantasies to escape my actual point here. I'm not interested in escaping reality, I face it head on every day. I happen to think it sucks - so is that ok with you. I do not believe the world is a hospitable place ok, and I'm just not ok with that ok. I'm not ok knowing people and animals have to suffer in the world ok. Are you ok with animals and people being tortured to death every day? ..well I'm not, and no amount of stupid meditation is going to help or change the fact that the world is a horrible place, is it, you idiot.

We fix problems by solving them, we do not fix them by running away from them and pretending they are not happening.
Either we clean this world up and make it a better place to be, or we get the hell out of here for good, by not imposing it on others and expecting them to clean up the mess we've made, it's that simple. There is NO GOD ok
We are here all alone, no big sky daddy is going to come to our rescue, no one is going to save us, we have to save ourselves, if we cannot do that then we might as well admit it's not worth all the effort and just leave this planet gracefully and peacefully and as cleanly as possible. We've made enough mess as it is, so we either clean up our act, or continue to live in the cesspool of our own creation.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Just to remind you Walker what this thread is about.

It's about the deluded belief that there is a God

The belief in God is a mental creation, and it is not known what or how a mind is. So even understanding something is a mental creation.
The point is no one knows what the mind is, and yet it is able to generate a someone who believes it does understand. And that's what this discussion is all about..it's about addmitting to ourselves that we are nothing but an idea with a bunch of beliefs, we are just a story, and God is part of the story. But the mind that cannot be known, then attempts to know, but can never really know what it attempts to know.

In the story, there is a character that believes in a good and just God, and then there is also another character in the story that says a good and just God is a rubbish idea, because why would a good and just God desire to create a world of relentless pain and suffering when it doesn't have to do that...and that is the point of most of my threads, that I will keep on repeating.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Conceptual mind comes up with a vast amount of words to explain that which it is incapable of understanding.
In so doing, it imagines that it understands.
When asked to define the meaning of it's creations, it falters, and comes up with even more words.
It then imagines that that clarifies it's stance.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sheesh.

Folks say they they want to know the truth.
But, that's not necessarily true.
Quite a few don't.
Quite a few simply want reinforcement of belief, and boy howdy, don't cross someone's belief.

Don’t tell DAM she’s wrong when she’s factually wrong.
You'll get called all kinds of mean and nasty things.
Big ego protection enterprise/operation/racket going on.

Wise up about Buddhism before spouting off about Buddhism.
That way you at least understand basic principles about that with which you disagree.
Plus, you'll be less likely to insult the principle of intelligence.

:wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:05 pm Sheesh.

Quite a few don't.
Quite a few simply want reinforcement of belief, and boy howdy, don't cross someone's belief.

That way you at least understand basic principles about that with which you disagree.

You're personal beliefs are an insult to my intelligence.

Please go away, until you want to discuss the actual subject topic.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Quite a few don't.

- Gee, that’s too bad.
- I know because in my life, I too have foolishly scorned some opportunities.
- Who hasn’t.
- You made Buddhism a subset of the urgent thread topic by refusing to listen carefully, to truth.

- The younger the opportunity scorning, the more that the resonance of the loss builds throughout life, but if you’re old* you’re fortunate that the resonance won’t build to an earth-shattering frequency as Tesla said was possible. The danger to having your head up your ass when you’re young is that the scorning of opportunity can run you right off the road and into the gutter.**

- So, listen carefully as I walk on by your thread Toot Sweet, waving goodbye to your personal notions, to your terrible and horrible visions that you say are the thread topic.

- For many, especially in the throes*** of change, ignorance is the last refuge.
- The more drastic the change, the deeper the retreat into the refuge of ignorance.

- This is but one reason why ignorance is not part of Buddhism’s Three Jewels.
- This is but one reason why the Doublespeak of Totalitarian Progressivism is incompatible with Buddhism.

- Good luck with your nihilism. I see that for many, the advantage to nihilism is that after a certain point, understanding anything becomes superfluous to the gray ennui*** of existence, and superfluous to the meaning, purpose, and living of life in the shadow of a fearsome gator biting off your nose, or your snout if you have a 'specially big one ... or even biting off the fortified ego. :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQnxlHZsjY

Toodles, Noodles.
Remember, keep it clean, children might be listening.

:lol:

* The old have less time for the resonance to reverb, plus age-ossification that protects hard-won understanding is hard to penetrate.

** What the hell, why not toss in some philosophy, eh?

*** snooty enough?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:13 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Quite a few don't.

- Gee, that’s too bad.
- I know because in my life, I too have foolishly scorned some opportunities.
- Who hasn’t.
- You made Buddhism a subset of the urgent thread topic by refusing to listen carefully, to truth.

- The younger the opportunity scorning, the more that the resonance of the loss builds throughout life, but if you’re old* you’re fortunate that the resonance won’t build to an earth-shattering frequency as Tesla said was possible. The danger to having your head up your ass when you’re young is that the scorning of opportunity can run you right off the road and into the gutter.**

- So, listen carefully as I walk on by your thread Toot Sweet, waving goodbye to your personal notions, to your terrible and horrible visions that you say are the thread topic.

- For many, especially in the throes*** of change, ignorance is the last refuge.
- The more drastic the change, the deeper the retreat into the refuge of ignorance.

- This is but one reason why ignorance is not part of Buddhism’s Three Jewels.
- This is but one reason why the Doublespeak of Totalitarian Progressivism is incompatible with Buddhism.

- Good luck with your nihilism. I see that for many, the advantage to nihilism is that after a certain point, understanding anything becomes superfluous to the gray ennui*** of existence, and superfluous to the meaning, purpose, and living of life in the shadow of a fearsome gator biting your nose off, or your snout if you have a 'specially big one ... or even biting off the fortified ego. :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQnxlHZsjY

Toodles, Noodles.
Remember, keep it clean, children might be listening.

* The old have less time for the resonance to reverb, plus age-ossification that protects hard-won understanding is hard to penetrate.

** What the hell, why not toss in some philosophy, eh?

*** snooty enough?
Off topic asshole.

I know you don't like your inner hitler to go to waste, so carry on with your stupid boring bleating if that's what gives you a hard on. People like you make me want to vomit. Seriously, just go away.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Ok.

Don't slip in the vomitus.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:32 pm :lol:

Ok.

Don't slip in the vomitus.
Go away, until you have the stomach to talk real truths about the world in which you live.

I'm just not interested in fairy unicorn stories.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

And I'm not a nihilist either, so you got that wrong.

I do my own philosophy, is that ok with you, or am I expected to hear another finger wagging lecture from you on what to think and what not to think?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:13 pm Remember, keep it clean, children might be listening.

No one gives a fuck about children, do you not understand that?

We live in a reality where we impose life on the unborn knowing full well that they might be the one who will end up lying in agony on a battle field from having their arms and legs torn from their bodies, and it seems everyone is ok with that. Same applies to the Iraq war, innocent children blown from their sleeping beds in the big lets go blast em 911 revenge attack...or don't you like to think about that part of the human story?