Who was responsible for the original sin ?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Who was responsible for the original sin ?

Post by gaffo »

you have to descifer it becausue of 3 reasons

1. i drink then show up here
2. i have dylexia so cant worth shit
3. i recently bought a 4k tv - so now the text is microscopic from my couch and i get tired to waking over to the scree then back again to edit my shit spelling

so it adds up. if you think my posts are bad you should see them before editing - i do edit them enouhg for you to read them, and leave the words wrongly spelled along (i.e i edit words and sentancs that are undeciferable) - and let you decfer the rest.

------as long as you understand my post - all that leaves up from you is to discuss it, or get petty and show your true character by playing "Squirrl"
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

gaffo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:05 am
3. i recently bought a 4k tv - so now the text is microscopic from my couch and i get tired to waking over to the scree then back again to edit my shit spelling
This is a definite sin. I too have a 4K tv. The standard for legal notice, especially most extreme are those car ads, uses tactics to 'alert' us by law that themselves are intended to hide it. And given they do it ubiquitously as all other corporations apply the same behavior, these "legal" notices are an example of an overt 'sin' of one of the worst kinds! The 'legal' rule now has permitted companies to assume everyone has 4K. This makes anything less than 4K impossible now to read regardless.

P.S. As from experience, note that 4K televisions do not have a long range existence. The chemistry of the particular pixel cells are unique to enable quick changes but still have the issue that they only last about a year or two before 'burning' occurs. So my advice is to be careful NOT to turn on and off the screen in short time durations. That is, if you just turned off your screen, WAIT for some time before turning it on an vive versa. This reduces its life quicker.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote:BUT, what is ACTUALLY MEANT by each and EVERY one of those words NEEDS to be CLARIFIED and FULLY UNDERSTOOD, FIRST. Although this would OBVIOUSLY be a lengthy process it is still a VERY POSSIBLE PROCESS.

And, if ANY one would like to CHALLENGE me on this, then please feel FREE to do so.
"When you have understood what it was
The speaker intended to communicate,
If you then continue to think about each word and expression,
It is as if you’ve found your elephant but now go in search of its footprints.
If you misinterpret what is said and then think of more words,
You’ll never stop till you run out of thoughts,
But all the while you’re only straying further and further from the meaning.
Like children playing, you’ll only end up exhausted.
Even for a single word like “and” or “but”,
When taken out of context, there’s no end to what it might mean.
Yet if you understand what is meant,
Then with that the need for the word is finished.
When the finger points to the moon,
The childish will look at the finger itself.
And fools attached to mere language,
May think they’ve understood, but they will find it difficult."

https://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?tit ... _reliances
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Scott Mayers wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:53 am
This is a definite sin. I too have a 4K tv. The standard for legal notice, especially most extreme are those car ads, uses tactics to 'alert' us by law that themselves are intended to hide it. And given they do it ubiquitously as all other corporations apply the same behavior, these "legal" notices are an example of an overt 'sin' of one of the worst kinds! The 'legal' rule now has permitted companies to assume everyone has 4K. This makes anything less than 4K impossible now to read regardless.

P.S. As from experience, note that 4K televisions do not have a long range existence. The chemistry of the particular pixel cells are unique to enable quick changes but still have the issue that they only last about a year or two before 'burning' occurs. So my advice is to be careful NOT to turn on and off the screen in short time durations. That is, if you just turned off your screen, WAIT for some time before turning it on an vive versa. This reduces its life quicker.
yep, I heard that on/off for lcds - even my old 1080 - is bad.

per my 4k TV its cheap chinese juck - TCL (though to be far i've read that TCL is not all that junky - largest chinese global manufacterer - and soon to make OLED's to under cut the exobanant prices LG charges for their TV, sinc ethe latter is to date the only OLED makers.

I'm love to have an OLED, but know they cost 8 times the price of my same sized chinese junk LCD with a decent black level, i also know of the burn-in of OLEDs and that worries me. so when OLDES drop to 430 bucks for a 65 inch - 8-10 yrs I'll buy one - for i do love a true black level - but burnin 4 yrs alter for a 430 tv is can accept, but not for an oOLED today for 3800 and 4 yrs later.

also the back light level level shortens the life - from reading about my TCL they say to have decent life set the backlight to 75-percent or less, whcih i have done.

in truth in spite of the cheap price - 430 (have ROKU too - which i find i never use and just use my PC and watch via my PC Tutube anyway.......it does ahve good picture quality - good black even (and lcd such with blakcs - TCL has the highst marks on black level - outisde of OLD), and good sould.

so i'm happy with the product - to date.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

gaffo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:51 pm
I WAS repairing my screens before but found now that the new screens have found proprietary means to prevent this. It only costs me 30 cents for capacitors before to do simple repair of a blacked out screen but now the only means of repair requires to directly deal with the manufacturer who would charge more than the cost of the new one, even if you had the best electronic equipment. OLED is "organic Light emitting diodes" and while better, they are proprietary (?Samsung?) and the organic material has at present a lower or uncertain lifespan.

I stick ONLY to those cheap sales too which usually have a further likelihood of failing sooner than the norm. They are usually ones that have been used for display SOMEWHERE, including in-factory testing. But paying much cheaper on some good bargains more than covers the cost in time. So you likely made a good deal, even if it doesn't last as long. The price difference is so drastic at times that you are better off with buying the cheaper 'used' or 'used-like' priced screens.
seeds

Post by seeds »

gaffo, I too have trouble with small print.

Depending on what Internet browser you are using (I'm using Microsoft Edge), find and click on the "settings" icon,...

(mine is up in the far upper-right corner of the screen in the form of three tiny dots - "..." )

...then locate the zoom feature and you should then be able to enlarge the text to a comfortable reading size.
_______
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

seeds wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:14 pm

gaffo, I too have trouble with small print.

Depending on what Internet browser you are using (I'm using Microsoft Edge), find and click on the "settings" icon,...

(mine is up in the far upper-right corner of the screen in the form of three tiny dots - "..." )

...then locate the zoom feature and you should then be able to enlarge the text to a comfortable reading size.
_______
I've been a fan of Vivaldi since version 1.2 (8? (9? yrs now - i used to used Opera from the late 90's up to 2012 (from the early day sof Opera to the time they sold out to China and kille dthier "presto" web engine) - then had to find an alternative - and found Vivaldi in 2012/13 (founder is one of the cofounders of Opera - started Vivaldi when Opera was sould off yrs ago).Vivialdi has the same UI as Opera though instead of using the now dead Presto engine - uses the same web engine as chrome. so ya Vivivaldi is a sellout in killing Presto, but smart enough to know the UI ofOpera was loved by all of us left in the lerch 10 yrs ago - and smart enough to now Google rules the web and so based their web browser on chrome for future poofing - while also makign the web-browser look and feel like the old Opera millions of us lovd and uses sinc ehte late 1990s).

I miss Opera, but like Vivaldi as much - and thank the Viv guys to continue to make thier web broswer to have the ame UI is the old Opera.

and yes I know i can twek the text point to bigger - Vivaldi ias all about person power to tweek - but to be honest i a little too lazy to investigate the isseu.

tthanks for reply Seed!!!!!!!!!!! welcome discussionn on all tings.