Why should we be blamed?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hermit Philosopher

Re: Why should we be blamed?

Post by Hermit Philosopher »

bahman wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:56 pm Why should we be blamed for coming to this world and playing a role that God is the Grand Designer?

Dear bahman,

I think some would say that we are responsible for our agency because we’ve evolved into having free will.

If you fancy entertaining yourself with a fun paradox: may we have been determined to develop free will and thereby freed ourselves from being determined...?

Humbly
Hermit
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

bahman wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:56 pm Why should we be blamed for coming to this world and playing a role that God is the Grand Designer?
do we blame the architect cuz murders happen in the house he designed?

do we credit the architect cuz lives are saved in the house the designed?

no

we might gripe cuz we think the house is shabby, or be grateful cuz the house is marvelous, but we, the occupants, have to take responsibility for what we individually do while livin' here

give the architect his due, but don't blame or credit him for things that belong to us
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman, if we are playing a role here, then the role player can only blame itself. Isn't that obvious?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Hermit Philosopher wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:54 pm

Dear bahman,

I think some would say that we are responsible for our agency because we’ve evolved into having free will.

If you fancy entertaining yourself with a fun paradox: may we have been determined to develop free will and thereby freed ourselves from being determined...?

Humbly
Hermit
Free will? What do you want to do? Whatever you ever decide to do is known and it is a part of God's design.
bahman

Post by bahman »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:20 pm

no

we might gripe cuz we think the house is shabby, or be grateful cuz the house is marvelous, but we, the occupants, have to take responsibility for what we individually do while livin' here

give the architect his due, but don't blame or credit him for things that belong to us
Couldn't God create a much much better world where people are not biased by their natures to do evil things?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:54 pm

no

Couldn't God create a much much better world where people are not biased by their natures to do evil things?
I feel no compulsion to do evil

do you?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:41 pm
bahman, if we are playing a role here, then the role player can only blame itself. Isn't that obvious?
No. I am not responsible for it. Just think of it, God puts us in sinful situations and waits until we sin.
bahman

Post by bahman »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:56 pm

no

do you?
Hell yeah. I am a psychopath. Life is very difficult for people like me.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:58 pm
No. I am not responsible for it. Just think of it, God puts us in sinful situations and waits until we sin.
But you clearly stated that we come to this world to play a role that god is the grand designer, you did say that bahman.

Did you say that or not?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:59 pm

do you?
a psychopath? really? you were diagnosed or are you self-assessing?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:20 pm

But you clearly stated that we come to this world to play a role that god is the grand designer, you did say that bahman.

Did you say that or not?
Yes, I said that. I also said that "God puts us in sinful situations and waits until we sin".
bahman

Post by bahman »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:21 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:59 pm

do you?
a psychopath? really? you were diagnosed or are you self-assessing?
Hmmm. I fantasize about doing things. I hospitalized several times.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:23 pm

Did you say that or not?
Yes, I said that. I also said that "God puts us in sinful situations and waits until we sin".
So then if you said that "God puts us in sinful situations and waits until we sin"...then you the speaker, is to blame for saying what you spoke, surely you are playing the role of a speaker saying things like "God puts us in sinful situations and waits until we sin".

Am I missing something here ?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:26 pm

Did you say that or not?
So then if you said that "God puts us in sinful situations and waits until we sin"...then you the speaker, is to blame for saying what you spoke, surely you are playing the role of a speaker saying things like "God puts us in sinful situations and waits until we sin".

No.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:27 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:26 pm

No.
So what happened to playing the blamer role?