Why should we be blamed?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: Why should we be blamed?

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:35 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:27 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:26 pm

So then if you said that "God puts us in sinful situations and waits until we sin"...then you the speaker, is to blame for saying what you spoke, surely you are playing the role of a speaker saying things like "God puts us in sinful situations and waits until we sin".

Am I missing something here ?
No.
So what happened to playing the blamer role?
You are talking about God?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:37 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:27 pm
No.
What is God?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:25 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:21 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:59 pm
Hell yeah. I am a psychopath. Life is very difficult for people like me.
a psychopath? really? you were diagnosed or are you self-assessing?
Hmmm. I fantasize about doing things. I hospitalized several times.
that's a hard road to walk, but -- c'mon -- that's not god's fault

me: I got myself run over by a car in '81...it was a rough three years that followed...I still limp, and the scars are obvious

me and that car, that wasn't god...that was me alone, not payin' attention

you, you drew the short straw...that's bad luck: not god
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:40 pm

What is God?
The one who created and designed everything.
Hermit Philosopher

Post by Hermit Philosopher »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:53 pm
Hermit Philosopher wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:54 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:56 pm Why should we be blamed for coming to this world and playing a role that God is the Grand Designer?

Dear bahman,

I think some would say that we are responsible for our agency because we’ve evolved into having free will.

If you fancy entertaining yourself with a fun paradox: may we have been determined to develop free will and thereby freed ourselves from being determined...?

Humbly
Hermit
Free will? What do you want to do? Whatever you ever decide to do is known and it is a part of God's design.

And some would say that. It depends on what definition of God (and Human) they apply.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:43 pm
What is God?
I personally don't really know what created and designed everything, but I do know that some people call the creator and designer of all things God because I've heard them say it from their own speak.

I used to think about the idea of God, and sometimes I believe in the idea so hard, but then always come back down to earth with an even harder bump, to the natural state of not-knowing.

bahman

Post by bahman »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:42 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:21 pm

a psychopath? really? you were diagnosed or are you self-assessing?

me: I got myself run over by a car in '81...it was a rough three years that followed...I still limp, and the scars are obvious

Then whose fault it is when a psychopath kill someone? A psychopath just cannot resist all life long. Why a psychopath should suffer? Whose fault it is?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Hermit Philosopher wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:47 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:53 pm
Hermit Philosopher wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:54 pm

Dear bahman,

I think some would say that we are responsible for our agency because we’ve evolved into having free will.

If you fancy entertaining yourself with a fun paradox: may we have been determined to develop free will and thereby freed ourselves from being determined...?

Humbly
Hermit
Free will? What do you want to do? Whatever you ever decide to do is known and it is a part of God's design.

And some would say that. It depends on what definition of God (and Human) they apply.
Of course, depends on the definition. But how God could be highest if He does not know the future? There are several religions that followers believe that God has foreknowledge.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:49 pm

What is God?
I personally don't really know what created and designed everything, but I do know that some people call the creator and designer of all things God because I've heard them say it from their own speak.

I used to think about the idea of God, and sometimes I believe in the idea so hard, but then always come back down to earth with an even harder bump, to the natural state of not-knowing.

I see.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:49 pm

Then whose fault it is when a psychopath kill someone? A psychopath just cannot resist all life long. Why a psychopath should suffer? Whose fault it is?
mental illness, disease, blunts the free will...can't blame the psychopath (you can only restrain him) anymore that you can blame the tornado

I get the desire to lay blame, but -- sometimes -- there's simply no just place to lay it, no person to assign guilt to
bahman

Post by bahman »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:04 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:49 pm

mental illness, disease, blunts the free will...can't blame the psychopath (you can only restrain him) anymore that you can blame the tornado

I get the desire to lay blame, but -- sometimes -- there's simply no just place to lay it, no person to assign guilt to
That is your interpretation which is fine. But do you think that God thinks the same?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:53 pm

I see.
I speak about lots of things, but I have no idea what I am talking about, except what I want to believe, and so my belief becomes my only known reality, a story according to my own belief. I can only know my world according to how I see it. And I believe it's the same for every other human consciousness. Each one being a unique world unto themself only.

I understand that if I harm another, I only harm myself, because I have no desire to harm myself. So who would I be harming if not myself? I couldn't possibly think about harming something else, it would be unthinkable.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:18 pm

I see.
I speak about lots of things, but I have no idea what I am talking about, except what I want to believe, and so my belief becomes my only known reality, a story according to my own belief. I can only know my world according to how I see it. And I believe it's the same for every other human consciousness. Each one being a unique world unto themself only.
Why don't you try to analyze your beliefs?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:20 pm
I see.
I do analyze them, to a point where I see they are not actually real.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:24 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:20 pm

I do analyze them, to a point where I see they are not actually real.
But everything cannot be unreal. Are you real?