Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight Part 2

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight Part 2

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:01 pm Jesus Christ was a man.
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:30 pmWell, in a sense, yeah. But if that's all He is to you, then you don't know Him.
Well, I do not need to know him when I have got my own self to know.

Whatever he can be or know then so can I ... since we are both cut from the same cloth, meaning we are both human.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:46 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:32 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:26 pm If God is a good and just God. Then God is also the opposite.
Nope. Not logical.
Well it is logical
Nope.

Light is a real thing. "Dark" is only a description of lack of light. You can't "turn on the dark." You can only "turn on a light."

Good is a real thing. Evil is merely the lack of it, the negation of it, the corruption of it. It's not its counterpart, not equivalent, and not necessary.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:52 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:01 pm Jesus Christ was a man.
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:30 pmWell, in a sense, yeah. But if that's all He is to you, then you don't know Him.
Well, I do not need to know him when I have got my own self to know.
Yeah, you do. Because you are a contingent, temporal, limited and mortal being. You were not always here, and will not always be, and meanwhile, have power over very little, and can't even say how long you'll be around, or what will happen to you. Everything about you should remind you that you are not self-sufficient, if you look at yourself realistically.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:49 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:38 pm During his lifetime, Jesus himself didn't call himself God and didn't consider himself God...
John 14:9, John 8:58, John 5:18, Matthew 16:6, Matthew 26: 63-66...I can give you a ton more. Yes, He did.

He never said the exact words ''I AM God'', he recited the words... “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

You are clutching at straws now.

Even if he did say the exact words, if Jesus is God, then so AM I

We've all got the same I tagged to our being.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:56 pm
Yeah, you do. Because you are a contingent, temporal, limited and mortal being. You were not always here, and will not always be, and meanwhile, have power over very little, and can't even say how long you'll be around, or what will happen to you. Everything about you should remind you that you are not self-sufficient, if you look at yourself realistically.
Being is the vessel of All and thus hidden in it.

Hey, and guess what mannie. I couldn't careless about being here or not, if I did have the choice, knowing what I know now, I'd pass on the offer. I wouldn't want to touch this place with a ten foot barge pole ever again. It's a fools paradise. Only a psychopathic lunatic would think this life business is a good idea.

PS, even if I did think having a life was a good idea....I would not be contingent upon anything, simply because I would make myself believe in Jesus and be granted eternal life. See how none of what you are saying makes any sense whatsoever. :shock:

What you say mannie, makes about as much sense as does everything I say. And that's nothing.

Just know, that I already understand what Religion is pointing to. It's the exact same thing that the nondualists point to.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:53 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:46 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:32 pm
Nope. Not logical.
Well it is logical
Nope.

Light is a real thing. "Dark" is only a description of lack of light. You can't "turn on the dark." You can only "turn on a light."

Good is a real thing. Evil is merely the lack of it, the negation of it, the corruption of it. It's not its counterpart, not equivalent, and not necessary.
Well so what, this real thing could never have known it was real if not for it's complimentry opposite. All real things are conceived in darkness.Simply because Light is inconceivable.

Light cannot shine on itself, stop pretending it can.

Light can only reflect through contrast, good evil, are two sides of the same coin.

If it's ever going to be corrupt, then why not just scrap the whole thing in the bin, that would be the sane thing to do. Why play a corrupt game. Seriously, what are we supposed to do, wait for Jesus to come and whitewash the whole corrupt creation. I guess that is not going to happen any time soon is it.

When are you going to accept that we are an animal ?

We are a useless animal, for we can't even walk before our first birthday. We lay helpless, and even when we do learn to walk, we are still helpless right up until the time we mature, when we become like any other animal. We are a sad pathetic species. With no predator but our own selves. Great idea wasn't it.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

DP
Last edited by Immanuel Can on Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:38 pm During his lifetime, Jesus himself didn't call himself God and didn't consider himself God...
John 14:9, John 8:58, John 5:18, Matthew 16:6, Matthew 26: 63-66...I can give you a ton more. Yes, He did.
He never said the exact words ''I AM God'', he recited the words... “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
I understand your mistake, there. You're not familiar with first-century Jewish usage...no problem, a lot of people would make the same error.

But on account of it, you don't recognize the expression that Jewish people only used for God, which is translated in English, "I Am," meaning the self-existent One, but you can see that the listeners did. They immediately tried to kill him for "making yourself the equal of God." So keep reading, and you'll see I was right all along.

So there's one. How about the others? And when you're done, I can give you lots more.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:58 pm Hey, and guess what mannie. I couldn't careless about being here or not, if I did have the choice, knowing what I know now, I'd pass on the offer.
I don't know about that. You're alive, aren't you? And you're complaining about it, which means you care enough to have an opinion...
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:59 pm Light cannot shine on itself, stop pretending it can.
Those are your words, not mine. If there's a problem, you made it.
good evil, are two sides of the same coin.
The Eastern Tradition thinks so. That's one of the things that makes in incompatible with Western religious views.
Seriously, what are we supposed to do, wait for Jesus to come and whitewash the whole corrupt creation.

People who ask your question are spoken of in the Bible, actually.

...in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue just as they were from the beginning of creation.” For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, through which the world at that time was destroyed by being flooded with water. But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly people. But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not willing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be discovered... (1 Peter 3:3-10)

What are we supposed to do? To be ready for the Lord to judge the Earth in righteousness. Because He will.

You are right to complain about the unfairness of life, the injustice of suffering, and so forth. That is why God will not allow it to go on forever...a just God could not do that. So He will judge. But before He does, He gives opportunity for as many as choose to repent...and those, He saves.

But, as Peter says, "The day of the Lord will come..."
When are you going to accept that we are an animal ?
Never, I think, because there's no reason to. The view that says we're mere "animals" is so inconsistent it doesn't even make sense. Nobody ought to believe it, and even those who try to can't seem to do it. They keep trying to tell me, who they say is a mere "animal," that I have special duties and obligations that they never tell any other "animal" to have....like the duty to believe certain things, or to behave in certain ways, or to be responsible for the Earth itself...
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:12 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:56 pm
I understand your mistake, there. You're not familiar with first-century Jewish usage...no problem, a lot of people would make the same error.

But on account of it, you don't recognize the expression that Jewish people only used for God, which is translated in English, "I Am," meaning the self-existent One, but you can see that the listeners did. They immediately tried to kill him for "making yourself the equal of God." So keep reading, and you'll see I was right all along.

So there's one. How about the others? And when you're done, I can give you lots more.
It doesn't matter that he said this and she said that, it's all His-story. As far as I have directly experienced, there is only God, which is just another word for ''all that is'' 'was', and 'ever will be' . Nondual understanding states very clearly, there's just nothing and everything. That's it folks, this is it.

You do not have to keep proving to people how right you are. You are right IC according to your own belief that is in your own head. I'm not disputing any belief you care to have. I'm simply reporting what is happening here from a real true honest perspective. I do not turn a blind eye to how nature operates.

So what, if Jesus said I am God....everything is God, there is only God. This is all God's doing. God has free will to do whatever including hell raising unnecessary, indiscriminate killing of a large number of human beings and animals and communities, and social and economic infrastructures. The jungle that is life on earth is not a fun place for most sentient creatures, but it's ok because Jesus will make it all better. Seriously, why glorify this relentless brutal carnage. Does history ever change, no it repeats, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, haven't we had enough of it yet. It's such a bad idea that should never have gotten started, maybe time for a reset. But I'll not be holding my breath for a utopian love fest any time soon. Nothing ever changes. Doesn't matter if God exists or he doesn't...the entire sentient universe will still be a futile, meaningless, volatile inhospitable struggle for life, right up until the time it is no more. And when it is no more, that's the only utopia that will ever exist.Just like it is on Mars, where there is pure peace and tranquility.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:25 pm
What are we supposed to do? To be ready for the Lord to judge the Earth in righteousness. Because He will.

You are right to complain about the unfairness of life, the injustice of suffering, and so forth. That is why God will not allow it to go on forever...a just God could not do that. So He will judge. But before He does, He gives opportunity for as many as choose to repent...and those, He saves.

But, as Peter says, "The day of the Lord will come..."

1 Timothy 2:12

12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[a] she must be quiet.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:53 pm
Good is a real thing.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:12 pm
I understand your mistake, there. .

no problem, a lot of people would make the same error.

So keep reading, and you'll see I was right all along.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:20 am So what, if Jesus said I am God....
Then you have a choice: you believe Him, or you don't. And on that choice, all else depends.

That's the sum of it.