Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight Part 2

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight Part 2

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:57 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:53 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:43 pm ...you never want to speak about it.
:D I have no idea what to say to that.
Does Immanuel Can know God ?
Yes, of course.

John 14:6-11

Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.”

Philip *said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”

Jesus *said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own, but the Father, as He remains in Me, does His works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves..."

Did Immanuel Can make this claim :arrow: It's up to God. He "calls" it.
Well, it's out of all context. Your response did not make any sense, based on mine...so I had no idea what to do with it. In my response, "calls it" meant, "says when enough is enough." I have no idea what it referred to you yours.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:04 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:57 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:53 pm
:D I have no idea what to say to that.
Does Immanuel Can know God ?
Yes, of course.

John 14:6-11

Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.”

Philip *said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”

Jesus *said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own, but the Father, as He remains in Me, does His works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves..."

Did Immanuel Can make this claim :arrow: It's up to God. He "calls" it.
Well, it's out of all context. Your response did not make any sense, based on mine...so I had no idea what to do with it. In my response, "calls it" meant, "says when enough is enough." I have no idea what it referred to you yours.
Ok thanks, now I see what you meant now.

So is God all knowing, and can we ask God our Father any question and he will be able to answer it ?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:13 pm ...can we ask God our Father any question and he will be able to answer it ?
"Can He?" Or "must He"?

I'm not sure what you're asking.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:06 am
gaffo wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:54 am why not earn your way via work
Because, "By the deeds of the Law no one will be justified in [God's] sight." (Romans 3:20).
yes i know - as your know i know - and as why you also know that "the Law" as Saul saw it, is not the same as the authors of the OT saw it -(folks can become good enought to via works to make it to heaven - all 30 something OT authors).

nor the need to even even have an OT - say if Saul's views as one shared by ther authores of the OT (and it was not as you should and prob know) - then there would be no need to even have an OT - just recite Gods word found in the NT - 1000 yr earlier and so be found in the OT - per your point "works" - its not so why not? - to answer my own inguiry - its because Christiaity is not Judiasm (Islam is identical to Judaism BTW - shock and horror of horrors!!!!!!!!!!!!

so Saul spinned his view as the "correct view" of a Religion that predated him by a millinia claiing that works do not measure up enough for salvation and so one must have faith (wihtout works to back it up) - all the while authors of the OT are spinning in their graves over Saul corrupting Judiasm into a new religon chrsitianinty -

fk thatr there is are links between Chrsitianity and Judaism - but far more bet Judiasm and Islam than either to christianity - thems the fact bubba.

Did your God affirm authors of old to affimr work for fks sake until Saul showed up to dissclaim all the earlier authors sake - and your god did this for - why - shits and giggle?

no - more apt, older authors ahd a view - which i agre with and the koran as well (no fan of islam, but on this perticualr - and its non-racxist view - i applauyd - man can work his way in this like by being good toward salvation.

saul later rejected his own OT authors and had his own take - which took hold for latter NT atuhors.

2-cents.

tanks for rely BTW - you and good guy guy. - welcome discussion - always.

I'm not anti Gawd nor anti Judaic (though fully anit Israel - a racsit thuggery state) nor antio Islam (though the saudis are assholes fo fuck Sauid arabia - same with israle - both + to me - their gov, not the poeple o fthose lands.

but i'm an Atheist, so i eat babies for breakfast , Belial incarnate so ignore anything i have to ay folks (if you know what is good for you)
Last edited by gaffo on Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

gaffo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:33 am "the Law" as Saul saw it, is not the same as the authors of the NT saw it
Paul is an NT author. But in point of fact, ask yourself this: how was Abraham saved? He had no Law. Nor did Isaac or Jacob, and they're considered the Patriarchs. How was Rahab saved? She wasn't even Jewish. :shock:
Yep, likewise.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:44 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:33 am "the Law" as Saul saw it, is not the same as the authors of the NT saw it
gaffo wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:33 am Paul is an NT author.

and pure asshole. so not what he has to say - then think via my concience and usually reject him via my concience.

I value most of both the OT and NT authors - except sual (phony) - per my personality i conform the OT mindst, but affirm the NT in most says (i.e. i am a recipricy man - never start a fight - but if dick starts it i retrun the favor (not return it out of original offens - nor turn my cheek for the fucker to strike me again - i never start a fight , but if som easshole starts it with me without a reason - then ya i retern in eqaul measure back at the fucker!!!!!!!!! - so i am OT , NT "please strike me again motherfucker" NT mindset)- and yes who starts it matter and why they start it).
Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:44 am But in point of fact, ask yourself this: how was Abraham
I've asked this since 1980 - and in the other now gone foprum bibble disciusion your posti have been a main thme of mine which i posted there an here for years.

He is saved per Judaism and Islam for being a rightous man - YHWH's best friend - via rightous conduct in his life ....................but is NOT SAVED via christianity............he was born and died - like 1000 million before him - he had tthe opportuity to be saved - per NT dogma (OT he already was) - via Christ showing up while "dead" in hell to give the good word.

well i was bonr too late - your chirst will not show up in Hell to save me - like he did Abram - so i sit in Hell forever for what? - not beleieving i the correct gawd - though a good man - "he was good but not correct in his dogma" - = burnin hell forever.

ok - that is what the NT says - not the OT nor the Koran - but what hte nt says - if so so be it, i leave it up to your god, its beyonf me.

fact is i far dath - but know it comes to all of us - whne that day come and i find myself "still alive" then i will repent of my error of atheism (not repent of my conduct - i am a good man via charactr/athist) - and if your god is one of mercy in actions beyond words thne i shall nothing to fair and will be repreieced from Hell - after a just sentence for being a dick in this timline - which i have been (not merit forever in helll) - imo.

I'm just an athiest slob,i affirm morality and affirm all Relgions in general as moral conduct thing - find fault in all of them - but more value than falut - per me i am a "jew" personaly - though hat Israel and see it as a Reich per the Arabs - pure racsit thuggy state and no ecuse - but Israel is not not Judaism, so why i affirm Jewdiac mindset with mine as an Athiest.

wnyway thanks for repy - ad as allways welcoem disscussion.

drunk for sober - today ot next month or year ;-)/

as stated many times my favs is Amos thenJonah then job and finally Mark...............yes i find the 3 OT of more value than Mark - but find Mrak is 4 - of th 50 something of both books o I do value Mark as in top tier.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:01 pm
gaffo wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:08 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:04 pm

cuz, as I say, god values free will enough to accept the possibility or inevitability of evil, and he loves us enough to give us a hand up, even if we may not deserve it

full disclosure: as a deist, I don't believe man fell...I don't have to agree with christianity to understand it
*so you saying God walues evil (not that he is too weak to destroy it?).

**if so why cant men also value evil without paying a price God never does when he values the same thing?

or is god just too weak to remove evil from his realm, he hate it and belial but is too weak to fix things?

if the latter maybe we should all worshipt he stronger deity Belial?
*No. As I say, god values free will enough to accept the possibility or inevitability of evil.

**How do we know God pays no price?

thanks for reply, but not answered it

here are the opions

God hate evil but is powerles to remove it. - Belial has too much power to be killed by god.

God likes evil and uses it to weed out humans, using Belial is His servant.

which is it? - its got nothing to do with fre will - and all about evil and the nature of - and whether God affrims its use as His or as that of his eneny. (vil is good or bad - and the powe rof god /etc).

I'm just a dumb athiest so know nothing so ignore my repy if you kow whats good for you. - i'm hell bound for eternity anyway.

lol - edtied for /ammended for error of word order - my subliminal hop got the better of me - to rephrases - bound to Hell for eternity.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:44 am
Paul is an NT author. But in point of fact, ask yourself this: how was Abraham saved? He had no Law. Nor did Isaac or Jacob, and they're considered the Patriarchs. How was Rahab saved? She wasn't even Jewish. :shock:
Yep, likewise.
I edited my proir post - drunk - so NT was meant as OT per Sual...............

oh welll since the NT and OT have litttle in comine your reply may -should differ now that you now i misstyped via being drunk - my bad. welcome your re-post per the post now that your kow.

ya i drink too much. ;-/.

i.e.

"the Law" as Saul saw it, is not the same as the authors of the NT saw it

original post was meant to be OT not NT.

i liek both but prefer the OT.

i know you are not a dick and i welcoem disccusion. but wished to clarify.

Hellbound athiiest........................when the saved in heaven find themselves separate from those they love, doe God hear them?

think of a man married to a woman he loved for 50 yrs. he was a Christian (say he was a Crusader- foud love in Syria 1000 yrs ago -loved his wife and lived a life of separt4 faiths out of love - he dies -and goes to heaven, his wife shorty after dies and goes to Hell fore not rcrpting Christ -

negleting what God does to the wife - for unblieif even if a good women - what does the man do in such a stat?

1. Sit in heaven and bliss - without the love of his life
2. ask God to transfer his immortal soul to Hell - FOREVER.......in order to be with his wife and love of his life (since God refused to grant repreive to thos in hell - only other option is for those in eavn to leave heaven to join those they loved in hell fore .......................EVER.

2-cents.

think about it and the so called jusitce of Gods's "lovee"

all men are just folks - evne the autnor of the bibille. goood men (most - minus Leviticus autor and Suals letter) - they just did not think deeper as i didi (if do say so myself).

BTW i hate pride and ego and value humility, i'm a thinker - not a braggert. take it as you shall.

so no disparagement of the odl authors - outside of Sual and Leviticus - both aholes IMO - te rest did what they did with goood conscicne though without thinking deeper - so good men and ok with thoer works offer value.

outside of Lev and Sual crap - opportunist snake opil slick willy veerbager /

---------------
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:46 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:13 pm ...can we ask God our Father any question and he will be able to answer it ?
"Can He?" Or "must He"?

I was asking ....(can we ask God our Father any question and he will be able to answer it ? )

I asked you because you claim to know God, so I'm assuming he shares with you what he knows.

Anyways,since you are not sure what I was asking, I simply asked the question directly to the supreme creator being instead.. I asked God if life on earth is the only intelligent life in the entire observable universe that is estimated to contain 200 billion to two trillion galaxies. I asked the question because I was wondering why God chose to make earthly humans in his image. I thought about the sheer vastness of the entire universe, and why he would choose to make earthly humans in his image. Anyways, I asked God, but I got no reply.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:17 am
"Can He?" Or "must He"?

I was asking ....(can we ask God our Father any question and he will be able to answer it ? )
Well, "can" means "Is he able." And the answer, of course, is "Yes."

But "must" means, "Is He obligated to answer me any question I want to put to Him?' And the answer is, "No: He is God. He sets the terms."
I simply asked the question directly to the supreme creator being instead.. I asked God if life on earth is the only intelligent life in the entire observable universe that is estimated to contain 200 billion to two trillion galaxies. I asked the question because I was wondering why God chose to make earthly humans in his image. I thought about the sheer vastness of the entire universe, and why he would choose to make earthly humans in his image. Anyways, I asked God, but I got no reply.
What you found out, then, is that you cannot make the Supreme Being do your bidding on cue.

Were you surprised? :?

But that doesn't mean there's no answer to your question, or that God cannot answer it. It doesn't even mean He hasn't already answered it. :shock:

Would you take the answers He's already given, or do you insist that He speak to you your way, at your time, and on your terms? If you do insist He speak only the way you prefer, then I would suspect you'll find He doesn't. He is God, after all; one can ask for answers, but one cannot demand them. And one has to be willing to listen to what God Himself says, when He says it, and in the way He says it.

And if one is not willing to do that, don't be terribly surprised if God doesn't bow to your will in the matter.

After all, who's the "God" here? Who calls the shots? :shock:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:57 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:17 am
"Can He?" Or "must He"?

Well, "can" means "Is he able." And the answer, of course, is "Yes."

But "must" means, "Is He obligated to answer me any question I want to put to Him?' And the answer is, "No: He is God. He sets the terms."
I simply asked the question directly to the supreme creator being instead.. I asked God if life on earth is the only intelligent life in the entire observable universe that is estimated to contain 200 billion to two trillion galaxies. I asked the question because I was wondering why God chose to make earthly humans in his image. I thought about the sheer vastness of the entire universe, and why he would choose to make earthly humans in his image. Anyways, I asked God, but I got no reply.
What you found out, then, is that you cannot make the Supreme Being do your bidding on cue.

Were you surprised? :?

But that doesn't mean there's no answer to your question, or that God cannot answer it. It doesn't even mean He hasn't already answered it. :shock:

Would you take the answers He's already given, or do you insist that He speak to you your way, at your time, and on your terms? If you do insist He speak only the way you prefer, then I would suspect you'll find He doesn't. He is God, after all; one can ask for answers, but one cannot demand them. And one has to be willing to listen to what God Himself says, when He says it, and in the way He says it.

And if one is not willing to do that, don't be terribly surprised if God doesn't bow to your will in the matter.

After all, who's the "God" here? Who calls the shots? :shock:
Gosh, I’m actually embarrassed to be a human being.

I’ve never heard anything more fucked up in my entire life.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:28 pm I’ve never heard anything more fucked up in my entire life.
Think of it this way: if you marched into Buckingham Palace and demanded the Queen answer some question you had, how do you think things would go for you? But then, why would you suppose that the Supreme Being owes to speak on your command and on your terms? Is your supposition that He is less that the Queen of England?

We might add that that's even without considering that the answer to your question is already in Acts 17, Romans 1, and John 3, among other places. So you're making and imperious demand that the Supreme Being should repeat Himself totally unnecessarily...

...and you're surprised He didn't jump to it? :shock:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I asked God, but I got no reply.

How do you know?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:29 am I asked God, but I got no reply.

How do you know?
How long did Sullivan work to get Keller simply to acknowledge her, much less to understand her?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:48 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:28 pm I’ve never heard anything more fucked up in my entire life.
Think of it this way: if you marched into Buckingham Palace and demanded the Queen answer some question you had, how do you think things would go for you? But then, why would you suppose that the Supreme Being owes to speak on your command and on your terms? Is your supposition that He is less that the Queen of England?

We might add that that's even without considering that the answer to your question is already in Acts 17, Romans 1, and John 3, among other places. So you're making and imperious demand that the Supreme Being should repeat Himself totally unnecessarily...

...and you're surprised He didn't jump to it? :shock:
You insult your own intelligence. Why use the Queen as a comparison to God. If I'd wanted a QUESTION answered by a human being I would simply have Googled or Alexa, although Google and Alexa's knowledge is limited as is most human knowledge.

So what to do, but to ask the source of all knowledge itself, which is the ''Wall God''. My response was to illustrate to you how asking the 'wall god' to answer difficult questions is a futile pursuit. ''Wall God'' is a seductive idea, born of the mind, it's a passionate idea, it's just another drug man uses to get high on.

As for the Bible mentioning intelligent life existing on other planets besides earth the Bible does not give a specific answer. It is totally mute on the issue. No surprise there, for one very good reason, the Bible wouldn't have the faintest idea. Even I can humbly understand that.