The Exemplary Role Model of Jesus

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

The Exemplary Role Model of Jesus

Post by Dontaskme »

Is it possible for the ''human primate'' to become like Jesus?

Jesus said ''the kingdom of heaven is within you''
Does that mean it is possible for the 'human primate' to be (The Exemplary Role Model of Jesus)

The question is WHY was this seed of thought ever planted, especially when it's obviously evident that this seed is an empty seed, absent of any fruition since the dawn of mankind.

Why play around with such an empty principle that can never be fulfilled?

Re: The Exemplary Role Model of Jesus

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 am Is it possible for the ''human primate'' to become like Jesus?

Does that mean it is possible for the 'human primate' to be (The Exemplary Role Model of Jesus)

The question is WHY was this seed of thought ever planted, especially when it's obviously evident that this seed is an empty seed, absent of any fruition since the dawn of mankind.

Maybe 'things' actually ARE JUST what they do not seem, YET.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:46 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 am Is it possible for the ''human primate'' to become like Jesus?

Maybe 'things' actually ARE JUST what they do not seem, YET.
Things are always what they seem in the immediate moment NOW. There is no other way for things to be other than what they seem in the moment in realtime.

So the response is irrelevant Age.

Saying YET is playing around with the ideas of there being a time machine right here in what can only be this realtime event.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Reality is a work in progress.

What is seen can never be unseen.

What is done can never be undone.

It's ok to fail, it's ok to die.

You have no choice but to be here, because you are never not here.

Evolution was necessary to arrive at a place of knowledge.

In knowledge you are the creator.

The only heaven and hell are what you create.

As creator Only You are responsible for you.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Humans are capable of becoming all kinds of things, yes?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 amJesus said ''the kingdom of heaven is within you''
I think such an idea points to the possibility that all things are possible, and humans may have the capacity and capability to manifest any of it from themselves.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 amThe question is WHY was this seed of thought ever planted, especially when it's obviously evident that this seed is an empty seed, absent of any fruition since the dawn of mankind.
How do you know that?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 amWhy play around with such an empty principle that can never be fulfilled?
That thought is from your limitation.

Why paint the Universe from and with limitation? So you can claim to know it? Or perhaps to explain or make sense of your limitation?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 am Jesus said ''the kingdom of heaven is within you''
Ah, yes...that old mistranslation. It has caused a lot of error.

The right translation is "among." It refers to Christ Himself and His mission, not to some "inner spark" in human beings generally. Romans 1-3 will tell you exactly what's "within" you. And it's certainly no the Kingdom of Heaven.
The Exemplary Role Model of Jesus.
He never offered Himself as an "example." And nobody who has ever tried to use Him as one, as you have pointed out, has ever succeeded. He did promise to be the Saviour, the one would would produce the forgiveness and the worthiness they could never gin up in themselves, to those who would receive Him.

In that, He's been a total success.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 am Jesus said ''the kingdom of heaven is within you''
Of course it had to be an error didn't it, as are all the other translations of biblical meanings, there's just too many translations to count.
I wonder which one is not an error, who knows.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 pmThe right translation is "among." It refers to Christ Himself and His mission, not to some "inner spark" in human beings generally. Romans 1-3 will tell you exactly what's "within" you. And it's certainly no the Kingdom of Heaven.
Oh there we go, there's the right translation. What ever the heck that is supposed to mean.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 pmHe never offered Himself as an "example."
Although he did say those who follow me will see the kingdom of heaven and never die, and such...
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 pm And nobody who has ever tried to use Him as one, as you have pointed out, has ever succeeded.
Ah so he was an example. I must have mistranslated you.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 pm He did promise to be the Saviour, the one would would produce the forgiveness and the worthiness they could never gin up in themselves, to those who would receive Him.

In that, He's been a total success.
Unsuccessful success. I kind of like the idea, even though the idea is totally meaningless. Unless of course one is able to translate the mistranslation.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 pm
Humans are capable of becoming all kinds of things, yes?
Not really, humans can only be the human they are being, the being that they are being cannot be Jesus, unless that being really is Jesus.

For example: Only Jesus can be Jesus, just as only President Trump can be President Trump.

Or, only a Mouse can be a Mouse, and so a Human cannot be a Mouse, and so a human is not capable of becoming all things....do you get my drift?

My point is, it's really ok to be you, no matter who you are. There is only ONE of you.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:35 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 pm
Of course it had to be an error didn't it,
Well, yes. Because the Greek originals had it right, but translators sometimes have difficulty in finding an exact synonym in another language. Greek is not English, and so any work the translators picked would have been (perhaps) apt in one way, but weak in another. You would have the same challenges in French, or Spanish, or Urdu.

If you speak more than one language, you already know that's true.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 pmHe never offered Himself as an "example."
Although he did say those who follow me will see the kingdom of heaven and never die, and such...
No, actually...he said to His disciples "follow me," but to others, "believe in me." That's because the second thing, belief, is salvation; and the "following" is what comes after. You can't be a disciple unless you're a believer in Him. That's how it works.

People have tried the other thing...just using Him as if He were an "example," something they could mimic or a pattern they could imitate. It never works. You yourself noted that fact.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:46 pm
No, actually...he said to His disciples "follow me," but to others, "believe in me." That's because the second thing, belief, is salvation; and the "following" is what comes after. You can't be a disciple unless you're a believer in Him. That's how it works.
People have tried the other thing...just using Him as if He were an "example," something they could mimic or a pattern they could imitate. It never works. You yourself noted that fact.
If we fail to mimic him, then what point in having a belief in the success he promises if we are just going to be unsuccessfully anyway?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:51 pm If we fail to mimic him, then what point in having a belief in the success he promises if we are just going to be unsuccessfully anyway?
Well, He didn't tell you, "Mimic Me." He said, "Believe in Me and be saved." (John 3:16)

If that didn't work, you could accuse Him of failing. But you can't accuse Him of being unsuccessful in delivering something He never promised to deliver...namely, a mere example an ordinary human being could simply mimic. He promised to do much more. But He never told you you could simply pretend to be Him, and it would work. Sin's a worse problem than that. If we could save ourselves, we wouldn't need a Saviour.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:45 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 pm Humans are capable of becoming all kinds of things, yes?
Not really, humans can only be the human they are being, the being that they are being cannot be Jesus, unless that being really is Jesus.
You asked if it was possible for a human to become like Jesus, yes? I answered what appears to me to be the truth.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:45 pmFor example: Only Jesus can be Jesus, just as only President Trump can be President Trump.

Or, only a Mouse can be a Mouse, and so a Human cannot be a Mouse, and so a human is not capable of becoming all things....do you get my drift?

My point is, it's really ok to be you, no matter who you are. There is only ONE of you.
My point is that there can be many versions or capabilities or potentials for any of us to explore and manifest with ourselves. Saint or Terrorist? Jesus-like or Devil-like? Heaven or Hell? I think it's all in there. So I think it's interesting to see what a person does with their energy and capability. What are the insights and implications of that?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:56 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:45 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:11 pm Humans are capable of becoming all kinds of things, yes?
You asked if it was possible for a human to become like Jesus, yes? I answered what appears to me to be the truth.
I personally don't think it is possible to become like Jesus, I was just asking others here if it was possible. Maybe it is for others, but for me, I can only be myself.

Thanks for your response Lacewing.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:56 pm My point is that there can be many versions or capabilities or potentials for any of us to explore and manifest with ourselves. Saint or Terrorist? Jesus-like or Devil-like? Heaven or Hell? I think it's all in there. So I think it's interesting to see what a person does with their energy and capability. What are the insights and implications of that?
Ok, thanks for your response, which I agree with. We can carve out a character of our choosing just by using our imagination.

But can we be an eternal being with eternal life just by believing in the Jesus Character?

I'm always trying to make sense of human mind and it's imagination that's all.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:55 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:51 pm If we fail to mimic him, then what point in having a belief in the success he promises if we are just going to be unsuccessfully anyway?
Well, He didn't tell you, "Mimic Me." He said, "Believe in Me and be saved." (John 3:16)

If that didn't work, you could accuse Him of failing. But you can't accuse Him of being unsuccessful in delivering something He never promised to deliver...namely, a mere example an ordinary human being could simply mimic. He promised to do much more. But He never told you you could simply pretend to be Him, and it would work. Sin's a worse problem than that. If we could save ourselves, we wouldn't need a Saviour.
Save ourselves from what though?

What do we have to save ourselves from?