Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Re: Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight.

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:58 am
Dubious wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:38 am ]Maybe I’d be more receptive if you offered better arguments than simply quotes or detouring around points you don’t want to address...
What I can tell you is what God has said. I can't make you listen. I'm not even going to try, because it's not in my power to open ears you've determined to keep deaf. As Christ Himself said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." What you do with what you hear is between you and God. And I don't answer for that.

You do.
Well if you want to commit to a god who only exists through hearsay that too is your choice. Among the many things very well known is that there is very little Jesus "reportedly" said that was in any way original.

It also goes without saying that you don't answer for my views. All I wanted to know is what compels you to believe; but all you managed to come up with is more quotes derived from a belated reconstruction of what Jesus allegedly said which is mostly a repeat of what ancient gurus before him have said.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:10 am
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:17 am
Dubious wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:31 am

Who or what would that be?
The messenger.
What messenger?
only if there's a message to be found in total silence.
DO NOT petition God.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:54 am
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:17 am

The messenger.
What messenger?
DO NOT petition God.
To petition anything or anyone it must first exist. God is only a name not an entity.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:16 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:54 am

What messenger?
DO NOT petition God.
To petition anything or anyone it must first exist. God is only a name not an entity.
Exactly!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dubious wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:35 am Well if you want to commit to a god who only exists through hearsay...
Now, this may baffle you, but He has no interest in performing parlour tricks for cynics; and if He did, He would not be God. You expect nothing: that is exactly what you will get. "...let that man not think he will receive anything from the Lord."
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:24 pm "...let that man not think he will receive anything from the Lord."
You received a book, didn't you?

Maybe it wasn't from "the Lord"...
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Skepdick wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:42 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:24 pm "...let that man not think he will receive anything from the Lord."
You received a book, didn't you?

Maybe it wasn't from "the Lord"...
Read it and decide. Then live with what you decide.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:24 pm
Dubious wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:35 am Well if you want to commit to a god who only exists through hearsay...
Now, this may baffle you, but He has no interest in performing parlour tricks for cynics; and if He did, He would not be God. You expect nothing: that is exactly what you will get. "...let that man not think he will receive anything from the Lord."
Nothing whatever to do with parlour tricks. The whole Jesus story amounts to what any court dependent on evidence to make a judgement would judge as hearsay. Everything about Jesus was written from ~ 40 to 100 years later. One thing about it which is understood is that so much of Jesus' sayings are reiterations, in one form or another, of what many said long before him. Jesus was made into a god by humans before and after him; he sure wasn't one himself.

I see you're still at it with the silly quotes. Somewhat pathetic in having nothing more to go on!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dubious wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:31 pm Jesus was made into a god by humans before and after him; he sure wasn't one himself.
That's your decision, I see. And you insist you know what you're talking about, I'm sure. What I say has no special authority. So I leave you with one more thought, directly from the Judge Himself:

"But I tell you that for every careless word that people speak, they will give an account of it on the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” (Matthew 12:36-37)
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:48 pm
Dubious wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:31 pm Jesus was made into a god by humans before and after him; he sure wasn't one himself.
That's your decision, I see. And you insist you know what you're talking about, I'm sure. What I say has no special authority. So I leave you with one more thought, directly from the Judge Himself:

"But I tell you that for every careless word that people speak, they will give an account of it on the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” (Matthew 12:36-37)
That's all you ever had, just a bunch of biblical quotes to create your reality! How pathetic! Whether Jesus was a god or not is NOT MY decision to make. Get that part straight. What we do know for certain is that there never was a single instance of any actual god in the history of the human race. You're free to believe there was and that his name was Jesus. This requires your belief in an absurdity in lieu of its real history already long known, established and researched by every authoritative means. You may refute that as well as I'm sure you will. There is no limit to the number of facts fanatics are capable of refuting to endorse their beliefs.

Btw, who hasn't spoken a careless word occasionally and sometimes more than occasionally! Another silly, small-minded quote spoken by a god no less!! :twisted:

If one were to be judged by those decrees who the hell would qualify? Don't ever question the establishment or its leaders, secular or not, if you know what's good for you is what it amounts to! We've been through these maneuvers many times in history. Nothing new here!

Every instance, event or occurrence in the bible, OT or NT, testifies to MAN-MADE and ONLY that. Even most of the Popes knew that but why destroy a thriving business with the truth!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dubious wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:32 am Whether Jesus was a god or not is NOT MY decision to make.
No. Your decision about that will change absolutely nothing, of course. But the decision that's yours to make, right now, is on which side of that truth you're going to end up.

"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the Light; for their deeds were evil." (John 3:17-19)

You poor little man...you still imagine your fight is with me. And you still imagine you're going to win.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:38 am
Dubious wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:32 am Whether Jesus was a god or not is NOT MY decision to make.
No. Your decision about that will change absolutely nothing, of course. But the decision that's yours to make, right now, is on which side of that truth you're going to end up.

"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the Light; for their deeds were evil." (John 3:17-19)

You poor little man...you still imagine your fight is with me. And you still imagine you're going to win.
You poor blinded little theist, I'm not "imagining" anything. That's your prerogative as demonstrated by all your biblical quotes, as if that were any valid argument, against the FACT that they're all so obviously invented by humans more than 2000 years ago. The threats of damnation alone by the simple act of non belief are a good indication of who really wrote the book! Don't you think by now it's time for you to catch-up? :lol:

Your sole mode of argument is to throw threatening quotes of scripture at me to prove how damned I am! It seems your pathetic little Jesus requires human belief to subsist as much as a vampire requires human blood.

Why would this belief command be so important to an actual god entity compared to everything else that goes on in its supposed creation? It makes no sense and that's the real mystery! Care to explain why that is without relying on more biblical quotes expounding my excommunication??
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

If Jesus was the son of God then it stands to reason that there must have been a Mrs. God. In a similar way, Santa Claus must be married to Mrs. Claus. The logic is undeniable.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:35 am All I wanted to know is what compels you to believe;
Who is 'you' and did this 'you' make 'you' happen.

Did you make yourself? the way you can make a building out of lego bricks?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:55 amIt seems your pathetic little Jesus requires human belief to subsist as much as a vampire requires human blood.
Does Dubious celebrate and join in with the festivities that is Christmas day? ...do you honor that day?

When Dubious was a small child, did you refuse the presents given to you because you did not believe in what the presents represented and stood for?

Did Dubious believe in the name given to you? after being in a prior state of namelessness in the womb, and then believed in that name as to be who you are?

You were prior to your name...so why did you believe your name to be you, when you already existed prior to the name? ...because you believed your name was you.

Belief is all part of the identity game of knowing relationships...which are all appearances of the SAME ONE