deism has nothing to offer us

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
Advocate
Posts: 1031
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

deism has nothing to offer us

Post by Advocate »

The assumption that the concept of god can be described with sufficient specificity to allow even hypothetical verification is unwarranted.

The assumption that finite beings could ever verify something infinite is unwarranted.

The assumption that such a verification has been created and completed successfully is unwarranted.

There is no level of understanding at which the idea of god can be understood as anything other than a concept indistinguishable from fiction.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2196
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: deism has nothing to offer us

Post by Sculptor »

Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:57 pm The assumption that the concept of god can be described with sufficient specificity to allow even hypothetical verification is unwarranted.

The assumption that finite beings could ever verify something infinite is unwarranted.

The assumption that such a verification has been created and completed successfully is unwarranted.

There is no level of understanding at which the idea of god can be understood as anything other than a concept indistinguishable from fiction.
Your statements are just a litany of unwarranted assumptions.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8833
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

deism has nothing to offer us

Post by henry quirk »

nuthin' to offer you, mebbe
Advocate
Posts: 1031
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: deism has nothing to offer us

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=470870 time=1599940136 user_id=472]
nuthin' to offer [i]you[/i], mebbe
[/quote]

No, i quite clearly said "us". Didn't you see it?
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8833
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: deism has nothing to offer us

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:43 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:48 pm nuthin' to offer you, mebbe
No, i quite clearly said "us". Didn't you see it?
I did

my point is: you're wrong

I'm a deist: it's no empty endeavor for me
Advocate
Posts: 1031
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: deism has nothing to offer us

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=470911 time=1599948370 user_id=472]
[quote=Advocate post_id=470887 time=1599943438 user_id=15238]
[quote="henry quirk" post_id=470870 time=1599940136 user_id=472]
nuthin' to offer [i]you[/i], mebbe
[/quote]

No, i quite clearly said "us". Didn't you see it?
[/quote]

I did

my point is: you're wrong

I'm a deist: it's no empty endeavor for me
[/quote]

Ahh, too bad. You're so sensible otherwise! My condolences. Should i send flowers?
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8833
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: deism has nothing to offer us

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:28 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:06 pm
Advocate wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:43 pm

No, i quite clearly said "us". Didn't you see it?
I did

my point is: you're wrong

I'm a deist: it's no empty endeavor for me
Ahh, too bad. You're so sensible otherwise! My condolences. Should i send flowers?
no flowers, though I appreciate the thought

you can kiss my ass, though: I'm always up for that... :)
Advocate
Posts: 1031
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: deism has nothing to offer us

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=470920 time=1599950414 user_id=472]
[quote=Advocate post_id=470918 time=1599949693 user_id=15238]
[quote="henry quirk" post_id=470911 time=1599948370 user_id=472]


I did

my point is: you're wrong

I'm a deist: it's no empty endeavor for me
[/quote]

Ahh, too bad. You're so sensible otherwise! My condolences. Should i send flowers?
[/quote]

no flowers, though I appreciate the thought

you can kiss my ass, though: I'm always up for that... :)
[/quote]

Foed you first!
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8833
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

"Foed you first!"

Post by henry quirk »

absolutely: I am a friend of economic development
Advocate
Posts: 1031
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: "Foed you first!"

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=470928 time=1599953205 user_id=472]
absolutely: I am a friend of economic development
[/quote]

fucking capitalists
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8833
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: "Foed you first!"

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:51 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:26 am absolutely: I am a friend of economic development
fucking capitalists
that's fucking anarcho-capitalists (free enterprise)
Post Reply