What is "worldly wisdom" according to God?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Re: What is "worldly wisdom" according to God?

Post by Belinda »

Attofishpi wrote:
Many moons ago I jumped into a Catholic Forum (i didn't last long - I was raised Catholic btw) and one of the threads was 'Gods unconditional love' wank wank - I posted 'well what were the 10 commandments then, if they were not conditions?'
They were not punitive conditions but were a code of conduct so the society could prosper.
God's unconditional love is a rational corollary of God's omniscience. But God's omnipotence is the discord that makes the problem of evil. Power hungry men use the code as if it were punitive, so they can boss people around.

The problem of evil:God is either not omnipotent, not omniscient, or not perfectly good.

Post by Age »

Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:18 am Attofishpi wrote:
Many moons ago I jumped into a Catholic Forum (i didn't last long - I was raised Catholic btw) and one of the threads was 'Gods unconditional love' wank wank - I posted 'well what were the 10 commandments then, if they were not conditions?'
They were not punitive conditions but were a code of conduct so the society could prosper.
God's unconditional love is a rational corollary of God's omniscience. But God's omnipotence is the discord that makes the problem of evil. Power hungry men use the code as if it were punitive, so they can boss people around.

The problem of evil:God is either not omnipotent, not omniscient, or not perfectly good.
Depending on how the word 'evil' is defined, God, Itself, can still be omnipotent, omniscient, AND perfectly good.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:50 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:16 am

Well done gaffo!

????????? ok, well done for what? - for knowing that there are at least 80 books in the "bible" spanning a 1000 yrs, and if one has an honest perspective can pick the worthy from the unworthy - not per their theology, but per their "spirit"/theme - Leviticus is evil - the worst part of the Torah, and exact same as the worst part of the Koran.
oh, ok, thanks for the clarification.

i do hate Saul, and suspect what he said in his letters are all about his ego, even when i does say stuff i agree with. and he did say some stuff i agree with, but take all his stuff with a ton of salt - maybe my view of a long dead man is wrong, and i know it is wrong to judge persons that are dead and so cannot defend themselves - in priciple, but from his letters i do so anyway.

lol

I do value the other works of your NT more than what Saul had to say. just to note here and to be fair to dead persons, Gospel of John tends to align with Saul's letter is general, but see no ego in that latter author, and so do not judge "John" as i do Saul.

he just had a similar theology that Saul did.

Chrsitianity today is wholey those two folks. i'd have no problem if i though Saul was a nice guy, like i assume John was, but do not think he was, but instead an opportunist.

Why are you suggesting you will burn in hell forever, JUST because you didn't believe?
yes per Saul and John's take.

attofishpi wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:50 am You sound like an atheist that lives in the US and stumbled into one of those dumb fuck evangelist preaching events and walked out thinking - WELL THAT IS GOD (if it exists). NO it ain't - don't listen to the crafty VAIN pathetic PASTOR - ROT_SAP
Well here in Oklahoma and Texas (i've lived my live in both states more of my life - and call bot places (culturally they are identical) - though lived in Austin and now Norman - two "liberal islands" in a sea of Evangalicalism.

both home is where one's heart is, and so i do call Oklahoma my home - in spite of the right wing christian culture overall.

most folks are good, even the rightwingers, so i'm ok with it.

if when they no longer are good folks, then i might have to call another place home.

BTW what are the extradition laws/laws for citizenship in your land? always like your Ausie culture (and the Kiwis) - 4 more yrs of trump and i may need to move ;-/.

lol ;-(.

Canada is not bad either - though hate being cold.............

attofishpi wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:50 am Understand, you know the bible WAAAY more than me.
Do i? I do not make such a judgment per you, not noting your knowledge or lack thereof per the "bible"

honestly asking, and thanks for your complement per my knowledge.

I know more about the OT (which aligns with my personality more), than the NT - as i noted many times prior.

though i do some of the NT.

attofishpi wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:50 am After God introduced its control over reality to me way back and ever since 1997, I decided to read about Christ - hence read the gospels..

not here to be "converted/saved", but as one man to another (and noting your posts as ones of goodwill and mutual understanding) - would welcome your personal story on this - if ok by you.

attofishpi wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:50 am I know God rather personally. He\it ain't giving too much of a shit if you believe or not...it would prefer you believed though (i think)
ok, see immediately above.

attofishpi wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:50 am Let's face it MOST theists are brainwashed non-thinking morons.
agreed, but most Athiests/Agnostics/Hinus/Muslims/etc are too - we are all in general fools, regardless of our Faith/nonFatih.

the minority are not so, but sadly a minority.

imo.

its all about introspection, knowing yourself, then moving onward from there, to the best of our abilities.

BTW i do think me (man's nature is limited - like an ant literally) - so wisdom is a live long goal, never achievable, but more wise than yesterday might be (your God willing).

Good for you, and why shouldn't you. But since you are here in the religion thread (rather often) and have actually studied the buy bull, seems you are interested IF there is something a bit deeper to it all?
I do have in interest in Religion, because as a universal humanist view the old authors has having something of value to say (minus author of Levitucs, and Saul) - so as a human being i do think what others had to say might be of value.

I'm also a historical geek, and note how Religion changes over the centuries (first Satan's minions impregnated human women (Enoch/Jubalees - and Gensis (Nipohylim- and the reason for the flood ("bad blood" per man - only noah and his family were pure blood - why all the animals had to die too????? - well no reason, since animals never sinned - and limitation of the story (inherited from the Summarians/Akkdians a millinia prior) - just kill them all, animals too) - then later Satan's minions did not, and instead Satan and his legion "Fall" due to Pride instead (the Apocalypse).

so a doctrinal shift of the nature of the fall of man and the actions/motives of Satan/legion.

I like Judaless BTW, its the only work - not canon sadly - that explains that prior to the "Fall" of man, animals and men could talk to each other, and after the "Fall", the animals become infected with the sin of Adam, and some become carnivores - and man and animals could no longer talk to each other.

your Jesus often spoke of the end Times, where the lion will lay with the lamb and both will eat straw (i think your Jesus know of Jubaless and is refering to it in the Gospels when he talks about the final kingdom of god), i.e. a restoration of Eden on Earth.

attofishpi wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:47 pm I would like to learn more from your POV about this predominately stupid book called the bible...maybe we can teach each other stuff. :D
ok, 1st off i do not think the "bible" is stupid (yes i am an Athiest - so what), as i said before as a humanist i find value in all sorts of things, inculding religious works (I'm still weak in Eastern sorts - Hindu/Buddist - i know a little - 7 encarnations of god - but fully weak compared to an authentic indian person (america does not have many indians - nonamerican types - lol).

ok, my favorites from your "Bible" in order.

1. Amos if my favorite all time work, that author had your Jesus' mentality, hated hypocrisy, railed agains PRIDE - that work is the oldest of all works in the NT - 800 BC (yes older than Genesis, the latter was an older oral tale (1200 bc) , but written down after Amo's work (400 yrs later). Amos wrote when Israel was "top dog" (rare that was - only other time was during Macabees - 3 works by that name, but not in the "canon" (in the Catholic/Orthodox - 2 for former all 3 in latter - none in prot bible).What i like about Amos (and ya it does have a lot of "fie and brimstone - but so what, if God is mad at the jews for a reason, than fine by me!), is that Amos' view of "chosen people" - Jews in his time, was a responisiblity! not a privaledge! Entire theme of Amos is "if you do not buck up, and stay full of pride, rather than become humble, YHWH will choose another "chosen people" - he references the Ethiopeans as the Jews heirs. BTW i ignore the last page of Amos - it was written centuries later and corupts the original intent of Amos - and changes the whole work into "once chosen, forever chosen by YHWH" (privaledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - not the theme of Amos!

2. Jonah- written by an Jewish humanist that did not like Ezra - around 200 BC, Ezra was tribal, nullified marraiges between jews and non-jews after returnign from babylon, and taking control of Israeli religion. Jonah is NOT about the whale! nor your Christ, its all about the pagan fisherman and the asserian cows wearing sackcloth. while the retrobate Jonah - the so called "jewish beleiver in YHWH" all through that work, does not wish to bother with the asserians, nor the fishermen - and is sleeping soundly, while the pagan fisherman was tied in knots over whether to throw their passenger overbourd or not during the storm! and the end of the story we have the same worthless Jonah cursing the plant his god grew over him to shade him, while even the Cow of Assyrian are more worthy than him, a so called "jewish beleiver".

3. Job - written around 250 bc when the Jews had been occupied for centuries and were losing thier religion - faith in YHWH - and instead of reading like an opportunist author would - Saul ("dont worry about eating men you are gentiles - always the opportunist/easy answers via saul' shit) - instead Job remains bleak, ie, there is not answer as to why your God has forsaken you - he has his reasons (which the author of Job does not know of )and deal with it!

4. Mark - in that Gospel we see the most human Christ, with doubts and fears - and so like me.

5. Jubaless (not canon) - but like for theoligical reasons about the animals and how they changed post fall - refer to earlier part of reply for this.

6. The Apocalypse, i like its viewpoint as the author was a Jeewish converted to Chrsitianity Essene and hated the Romans, which if i had lived in that time could relate to.