Can a christian be a stoic?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Can a christian be a stoic?

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:32 am
Age wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:43 am
Harbal wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:11 pm

Who is going to stop him.
Logic, Itself.

One can NOT be two completely separate different things, at the EXACT SAME time.

The other reason is; What a "christian" actually IS, and, what a "stoic" actually IS could NOT be defined and AGREED UPON. So, logically, AGAIN, the 'you' can NOT be a "christian" and a "stoic". Unless of course this can be proven WRONG and 'you', human beings do actually come together (peacefully?) and AGREE UPON what a "christian" and a "stoic" IS.
(FFS Harbal!)
Why are you FFSing me, I didn't say all that stuff.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:07 am

Logic, Itself.

One can NOT be two completely separate different things, at the EXACT SAME time.

The other reason is; What a "christian" actually IS, and, what a "stoic" actually IS could NOT be defined and AGREED UPON. So, logically, AGAIN, the 'you' can NOT be a "christian" and a "stoic". Unless of course this can be proven WRONG and 'you', human beings do actually come together (peacefully?) and AGREE UPON what a "christian" and a "stoic" IS.
(FFS Harbal!)
Your humour is drier than a sheet of sandpaper in the Sahara after global warming has killed off all the humans.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:25 am
Harbal wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:07 am

(FFS Harbal!)
Your humour is drier than a sheet of sandpaper in the Sahara after global warming has killed off all the humans.
That's pretty dry.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:11 pm

Who is going to stop him.
Logic, Itself.

(FFS Harbal!)

Stoicism is a philosophical consideration, Christianity is a theistic faith as well as a philosophical consideration, the two have NO contradiction.

Christ was stoic.

As a Christian myself, and reading about Stoicism on WIKI, I see myself as Christian stoic.

Please explain where the teachings of Christ and Stoicism contradict each other.
You have obviously missed or misunderstood my point.

The 'teachings' of ANY thing was NOT what I was talking about.

You are FREE to 'interpret' ANY so called "teachings" whatever way you like.

One could also make the claim, and also 'try to' argue, that one can be a "muslim" and a "stoic", and thus see that they are a "muslim stoic", just like you have. But would they be correct?

Or, one could claim to be; an "aircraft mechanic" and a "stoic", or an "indian" and a "stoic". Therefore, one could claim to be, for example, a "czechoslovakian, jewish, veterinarian surgeon, stoic", just like you are claiming to be a, so called, "christian stoic".

But, my point was, and still is, I was talking about what the 'you' ACTUALLY IS, and NOT what 'you' "claim to be".

See, 'you', human beings, can NOT come together and AGREE UPON, and ACCEPT, what ALL of these things ACTUALLY ARE.

So;
A 'you' can NOT, accurately, be some thing, which can NOT YET be defined and agreed upon, NOR explained.
A 'you' can NOT, accurately, be some thing, which 'it', actually, is NOT. And,
A 'you' can NOT be two actually different things at the VERY EXACT SAME PRECISE MOMENT.

Also, and as I HAVE ALREADY NOTED; 'Unless, of course, 'you', human beings do come together (peacefully?) and AGREE UPON, for example, what a 'christian' and a 'stoic' ACTUALLY ARE. THEN, one might be able to, accurately, claim to be; a "christian stoic". We will just to wait and see.

Would 'you', the self-labeled human being called "attofishpi", like to BEGIN THIS, by informing us of how 'you' define the words 'christian', 'stoic', and, a 'christian stoic', and then let us find out just how many "others" AGREE WITH and ACCEPT 'your' very OWN definitions here.

Then 'we' will be able to SEE if thee 'I' can actually make the claim, properly, correctly, and accurately, where; 'I' see "my" 'self' as a, so called, "christian stoic".

But, of course what has now happened is that ANOTHER couple of layers have been ADDED ON to this, as there is now an 'I', as well as a 'my', and a 'self', on top of the 'christian' and the 'stoic', and the 'christian stoic', which all now need to be defined and worked out EXACTLY what they ARE, BEFORE 'we' can actually move this along.

So, would 'you', "attofishpi", now like to BEGIN, by sharing your very own definitions?