Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Re: Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

Post by Dontaskme »

No person ever lived an eternal life.

The movie of I is an appearance of and in and to no I but itself all alone, all one...infinitely for eternity.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:19 am No person ever lived an eternal life.

The movie of I is an appearance of and in and to no I but itself all alone, all one...infinitely for eternity.

Not worth living.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:20 pm Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

no, and had he had his way we would not be self aware either. just one of the many beast of the field, eating grass (for all animals eat plants prior to the "Fall")

per Judaic/christian theology, the "fall" of man infected the rest of the world, including some animals - the carnivores, which eat grass prior to said fall.

and why Jesus talked about the Lion lying down with the Lamb - to eat grass together at the End Times (restoration of the Kingdom of God on Earth) - i.e. a "reset" to the First Times.

read Jubilee.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:20 pm Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
I don't think that He did and even if He did the eternal life becomes boring because we get used to thing.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:35 pm

per Judaic/christian theology, the "fall" of man infected the rest of the world, including some animals - the carnivores, which eat grass prior to said fall.
Judaic theology is the reverse of Christian theology.

Jews see Original virtue while Christians see Original sin.

Jews have both Yahweh and man as winners while Christians see both as losers who could not get things right.

Which do you think is correct?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bahman wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:50 pm

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
I don't think that He did and even if He did the eternal life becomes boring because we get used to thing.
I agree.

More of a curse than a blessing.

Regards
DL