More thoughts about the existence of HELL

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

Re: More thoughts about the existence of HELL

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dontaskme wrote:
Its obvious that what he wants from others is to totally accept what he is talking about because it really does seem like this is his main goal here
When he first came here he said that his goal was just to learn how to communicate better and nothing else
I still think that is his goal but it is so long since he has said this that hardly any one remembers it any more

I think him showing all of us how we can live in perfect harmony with each other came much later on
There was certainly no mention of that as far I know in his very first post that he made on the forum
surreptitious57

Actually he did mention us all living together in harmony in his very first post so I stand corrected
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
The paradox is that life is functioning automatically and spontaneously in every moment totally without a mind
I think that mind is part of life not something imaginary or separate from it.
The mind is an idea, it's an energetic appearance in life, so it is imagined, since no physical eye has ever seen a mind, it's just a conceptually known idea that's all.

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pmbecause its non existence makes less sense than its existence
The idea of non-existence just implies existence, for there cannot be a non-existent existence. So this is the nonsense that is the mind.

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pmThoughts arising from minds are life at its most complex as the human brain is at this point in time the most complex organ known to man
Thoughts do not arise from mind, this is just an imagined belief. Thoughts arise in no mind, for mind is a thought. Even the brain is just a thought arising in no brain.

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:01 pmSo it logically follows that if thoughts exist then they must be real and by inference then so too must the place they come from : the mind
All known concepts have no place or substance other than what is believed and assumed to exist or be real or unreal by thought itself, expressed as and through the human mind body organism...which is just more made up story imposing upon no thing. The human brain is a story teller, but it's just an energy expressing itself as an idea arising from within it's own unknown source.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:22 pm
Actually he did mention us all living together in harmony in his very first post so I stand corrected
Life is already presently peaceful and harmonious as it's natural state, it does not require a human mind to impose such a state upon what is already naturally present at all times. For example what I mean by the natural peaceful state is the presence of being prior to the noise of mentally constructed, aka artificially imposed conceptual ideas upon the natural no thingness of pure presence.
surreptitious57

Dontaskme wrote:
Life is already presently peaceful and harmonious as its natural state it does not require
a human mind to impose such a state upon what is already naturally present at all times
I dont think life is naturally peaceful or harmonious at all times because there is so much variety contained within it for this to be true
Sometimes it is very peaceful and harmonious and other times it is not but either way it is all part of the very rich tapestry of existence
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:49 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Life is already presently peaceful and harmonious as its natural state it does not require
a human mind to impose such a state upon what is already naturally present at all times
I dont think life is naturally peaceful or harmonious at all times because there is so much variety contained within it for this to be true
Sometimes it is very peaceful and harmonious and other times it is not but either way it is all part of the very rich tapestry of existence
I'm talking about the perfect brilliant stillness that is pure presence prior to all conceptually known variations which are nothing more than appearances within what is always pure brilliant stillness. Much like the waves above the calm deep ocean, inseparable from the calm and yet appearing to be anything but calm...this is what I am referring to.

Mind activity is like a ripple upon the still pure smooth body of water as in a pond or lake. That's what I'm talking about, the ripple will eventually dissipate into the constant that is the stillness of the pond. This is just a metaphor for the pure presence of being.

There is in all truth of reality nothing ever happening. It's only the mind that changes the not-happening into what's happening. It's the disturbance of a constant underlying pure peace that passes all understanding. Without the world of 'thought' there is no story to tell about the world at all. The wind never tells itself it is windy, and the shadow of the sun never blames the sun for taking it's light away.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:45 pm I think his style of communication is a direct consequence of his autism which is not something he can change
So once I know that he cannot really change the way he communicates then I simply accept him for who he is
I can be understanding about varying communication styles. Absurd claims are more than that, though. When Age says "I know you better than you know yourself", and other claims of "superior knowing" pretense, it ventures into a delusional and mentally imbalanced zone of false creations.

If he is channeling an entity, he has handed himself over to an idiot entity who has grandiose notions steeped in delusion. There is no reason to think that a channeled entity is superior or aware or brilliant. Age has not demonstrated any of these to any significant degree.

Age would be far more effective if he came down to Earth with all the rest of us divine spirits, and stopped pretending that he is uniquely above it all. We can ALL be above, below, and everywhere! :D Channeled entities, sages, gods, etc., are no different than the potential of our own capabilities. People who use such ideas to boost themselves above other humans are demented.
surreptitious57

Dontaskme wrote:
Mind activity is like a ripple upon the still pure smooth body of water as in a pond or lake
A mind can never be still as that is not something it is capable of and so there will always be ripples
Nature has existed for longer than minds have but even before there were minds ripples still existed

My own existence is but a ripple within Existence just as all beings are and everything else that exists too
So ripples are not merely confined to minds but everything that is alive and organic or dead and inanimate

Existence is absolute and eternal but what specifically exists within it is not really important in the grand scheme of things
At this point in time there are minds but there will come a time when they are no minds for that is the nature of Existence

Our own existence is merely a very tiny point on the spectrum of Existence and all we are doing is simply passing through
Many minds do not like the insignificance of this but I just accept it because it is not something that I can actually change

Trying to change that which cannot be changed is simply a waste of mental and physical energy and for me something to be avoided
Instead I have found that being detached and slowly learning to let go bit by bit is for me a far more productive use of my own time
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 am A mind can never be still as that is not something it is capable of and so there will always be ripples
Nature has existed for longer than minds have but even before there were minds ripples still existed

It was never mentioned that the mind was still. It was mentioned that the mind is like a ripple upon the stillness that is space itself, a terminology to describe pure awareness.

Of course, a still mind is like a still wind. Mind is only ever a movement within what is always completely silent and still and motionless.

The knowledge of the existence of Nature is a concept known, it's a mental construction. There is no known Reality other than this artificially constructed reality known conceptually by the only knowing there which is consciousness, reality is always under construction.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 am

My own existence is but a ripple within Existence just as all beings are and everything else that exists too
So ripples are not merely confined to minds but everything that is alive and organic or dead and inanimate
However, the above data is a knowledge known,being expressed via a conceptual knowing that requires a knowing mind, some thing who has constructed the knowledge...therefore all knowledge known has to be sourced within the mind. A ripple is a metaphor for the mind ..rippling is mental activity, so of course any mental activity is going to be confined to the mind.
Your own existence is like a ripple upon the surface of consciousness, upon contact the ripple is sensed and known, but it's a temporal appearance, it's a temporal experience within consciousness itself, and will eventually dissipate and dissolve back into the vast ocean of being from where every temporal sensation and experience is sourced.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 amExistence is absolute and eternal but what specifically exists within it is not really important in the grand scheme of things
At this point in time there are minds but there will come a time when they are no minds for that is the nature of Existence
In essence yes, because the is no such thing as mind, it's an appearance within space itself, it's a phantom, a mirage.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 amOur own existence is merely a very tiny point on the spectrum of Existence and all we are doing is simply passing through
Yes, all just passing through like clouds in the sky.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 amMany minds do not like the insignificance of this but I just accept it because it is not something that I can actually change
Well of course change is just an illusory appartition, an illusory movement of the mind within that which never moves an inch. Like a floating cloud upon the motionless sky.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 amTrying to change that which cannot be changed is simply a waste of mental and physical energy and for me something to be avoided
No thing can change what never changes, changes are appearances known via the constrast of the apparent subject and object divide, a divide that is an illusion of the senses which is just another way of saying being aware you are aware.
surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:38 amInstead I have found that being detached and slowly learning to let go bit by bit is for me a far more productive use of my own time
Being detached implies an attachment. Who you are in essence can never detach itself from anything, for there is no other thing separate from the thing you already are.

surreptitious57

Dontaskme wrote:
Who you are in essence can never detach itself from anything for there is no other thing separate from the thing you already are
I am slowly managing to detach myself from this existence because I know that it is merely temporary
I am releasing myself from mental chains that can bind me when I realise I do not actually need them

And as a direct consequence of this I am becoming more free over time
I will be completely free when this mind and body can function no more
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:07 pm
Sculptor wrote:
Hell is being stuck in a room being forced to talk to Age
He is definitely unique compared to everyone else here but I am used to him by now so he really does not bother me
But his persistence in continually asking questions would require too much energy from me were I to answer them all
Indeed. Hence Hell on earth.