Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8543
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:12 amYou have COMPLETELY MISSED the point that I was making, ONCE AGAIN.
That's because you FAIL miserably at trying to explain THEE absolute POINT. And so when ever I read your posts it feels like my eyes are being jabbed with red hot pokers. Sometimes, when I read your posts I literally feel like I'm losing the will to live listening to the endless droning on and on and on and on about shite that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. And is why you will continue to INSIST that this droning on and on and on is very simple and easy to explain in words. It's like, really! who are you trying to convince?

Advice to you, just Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhush yer mush!! be still and know that I am God.



.
Age
Posts: 5113
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:28 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:12 amYou have COMPLETELY MISSED the point that I was making, ONCE AGAIN.
That's because you FAIL miserably at trying to explain THEE absolute POINT.
OF COURSE it is ALL 'my' FAULT.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:28 pm And so when ever I read your posts it feels like my eyes are being jabbed with red hot pokers.
If it Truly feels that way, then I suggest NEVER reading my posts EVER again.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:28 pm Sometimes, when I read your posts I literally feel like I'm losing the will to live listening to the endless droning on and on and on and on about shite that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Well this is EVEN MORE REASONS of WHY it would be far better for 'you' to NEVER read ANY of my posts EVER again.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:28 pm And is why you will continue to INSIST that this droning on and on and on is very simple and easy to explain in words. It's like, really! who are you trying to convince?

Advice to you, just Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhush yer mush!!
But it is PERFECTLY alright for you to continue on talking, and talking, and talking, correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:28 pm be still and know that I am God.



.
ALREADY KNOWN.

In fact, that is part of what 'I' have been EXPLAINING to 'you'. See, how SIMPLE and EASY ALL-OF-THIS is to EXPLAIN, to 'you', using words? Even you have grasped and understood what I have been TELLING 'you'.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8543
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:34 pmALREADY KNOWN.

In fact, that is part of what 'I' have been EXPLAINING to 'you'. See, how SIMPLE and EASY ALL-OF-THIS is to EXPLAIN, to 'you', using words? Even you have grasped and understood what I have been TELLING 'you'.
Yes of course this is ALREADY KNOWN...and yes, I have grasped and understood what you have been Explaining and telling me that you are a stupid moronic idiot, because if you already know that explaining all of this is as easy as 8 words ..then what the hell was with ...the never ending story, aka the Spanish Inquisition... that puts the book: war and peace to shame? See, you could have just saved yourself so much time and energy, but it’s obviously clear, that you really do love to drive yourself round the twist.

.
Age
Posts: 5113
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:04 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:34 pmALREADY KNOWN.

In fact, that is part of what 'I' have been EXPLAINING to 'you'. See, how SIMPLE and EASY ALL-OF-THIS is to EXPLAIN, to 'you', using words? Even you have grasped and understood what I have been TELLING 'you'.
Yes of course this is ALREADY KNOWN...and yes, I have grasped and understood what you have been Explaining and telling me that you are a stupid moronic idiot,
Is this REALLY what I have been explaining and telling you?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:04 pm because if you already know that explaining all of this is as easy as 8 words ..then what the hell was with ...the never ending story, aka the Spanish Inquisition... that puts the book: war and peace to shame?
But what did you use the number 8, when it only took three words ONLY?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:04 pm See, you could have just saved yourself so much time and energy, but it’s obviously clear, that you really do love to drive yourself round the twist.

.
If this is what is OBVIOUSLY CLEAR to 'you', then this MUST BE what is happening, to 'you', correct?
gaffo
Posts: 3476
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by gaffo »

seeds wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:36 am
seeds wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:53 am The bottom line is that I am merely asking the believers in hell, that if they had the opportunity to do what Jesus supposedly did – sacrifice their life out of love and for the redemption of another soul from the torture of hell, would they do it?
gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:07 pm for accuracy here, your above is not correct, for Jesus went to Hell for 3 days! - and He did not go there for any sins He committed (Jesus never committed a sin) - to save those in Hell, to be granted Heaven (i.e. to preach to Gospel to the dead-damned those 3 days.

Jesus LEFT Hell on the 3rd day to rejoin the Father in Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!! - no others in Hell today have that option to leave Hell, even if they accept Jessu as their personal savior!

so yes Jesus "died for our sins" - i.e. for the sins we comited here on Earth. But He did not die via his sins to go to Hell...
gaffo, even though we are discussing mythological nonsense here, it would be nice if you would pay closer attention to what is actually written.

At no time have I ever suggested or implied that Jesus died and went to Hell because he committed sins.

Where in my posts are you getting that from?

I said (or at least tried to convey the idea) that he sacrificed himself out of love, and for the express purpose of trying to keep others from having to go to Hell. :arrow: Read my next post where I address the irony of that situation.

(Continued in next post)
_______
my point was that Christ dying was of little self sacrifce - your post implied he died for sinners who sit in hell, and so he preach to them in order to save themselve.

no where in the Bible is in implied that God's son went to Hell forever - He only had to sit there for mear 3 days (for other's sins - not his own). then his daddy saved Him for eternity in Hell (along with any other "Down there "allowing to be born again via Christ's words to the bamnded in hell theors 3 days, 200 yr ago)

HE sat in Hell for only 3 days, the rest of us sit there forever. the lucky to have died 2000+ yr ago heard Christ message of salvation - and rose to Heaven with their Christ 2000 yrs ago - minus 3 days.............the rest of us being born too late sit in hell forever.
seeds
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:31 pm

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by seeds »

seeds wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:36 am gaffo, even though we are discussing mythological nonsense here, it would be nice if you would pay closer attention to what is actually written.
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:47 am my point was that Christ dying was of little self sacrifce - your post implied he died for sinners who sit in hell, and so he preach to them in order to save themselve.

no where in the Bible is in implied that God's son went to Hell forever...
gaffo, which post of mine are you talking about?

How about you quote it and then comment under that specific quote.

At no point in any of my posts in this thread did I ever say anything about Jesus going to Hell. In fact, you are the one who first brought the issue up about him spending 3 days there.

So, again, find the specific post where you claim that I wrote something about Jesus going to Hell and then quote it for me so I’ll know what you are referring to.
_______
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8543
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:21 pm Is this REALLY what I have been explaining and telling you?
Yes it is, you have stated many times that people are stupid, greedy and moronic, among other things. You really did say this, look back at what you said, it's all there.
Age wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:21 pm But what did you use the number 8, when it only took three words ONLY?
There you go again, twisting things round to suit your own personal agenda. Now saying it only takes 3 WORDS... when you already agreed that it takes 8 words. You agreed that this is ALREADY KNOWN in response to what I'd said...here is your response to what I'd said in 8 words... >>>

In fact, that is part of what 'I' have been EXPLAINING to 'you'. See, how SIMPLE and EASY ALL-OF-THIS is to EXPLAIN, to 'you', using words? Even you have grasped and understood what I have been TELLING 'you'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:04 pm See, you could have just saved yourself so much time and energy, but it’s obviously clear, that you really do love to drive yourself round the twist.

Age wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:21 pmIf this is what is OBVIOUSLY CLEAR to 'you', then this MUST BE what is happening, to 'you', correct?
Yes, you enjoy driving yourself round the twist, that's right. However, don't assume others are going to want to join with you in your twisted dance routines. Your whirlpool energy is not even strong enough to suck everyone else in it anyway, and is why you always seem to FAIL in your attempt to communicate with others. The problem with you Age, is that you say things and then forget or even deny you have said the things you say, and then you expect other people to clarify your forgetfulness for you. Well no one likes to play that stupid game ok. So either shush yer mush, or play the communication game properly.


.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:47 am..........the rest of us being born too late sit in hell forever.
Your god sounds like a bit of a c*unt to me.
Last edited by Sculptor on Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaffo
Posts: 3476
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:11 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:47 am..........the rest of us being born too late sit in hell forever.
You god sounds like a bit of a c*unt to me.
I have no God, I'm an Athiest, I thought you knew that.

I do know much about Christian Dogma (and Judaic) - having read most of the OT, and less of the NT, and having in interest in Religious Evolution via historical conquests and how the new occupiers change the religion of the natives (i.e. the Romanization of Christianity - the old Ebionite form via Gospel of Mark, supplanted by the Paulists).
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:33 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:11 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:47 am..........the rest of us being born too late sit in hell forever.
Your god sounds like a bit of a c*unt to me.
I have no God, I'm an Athiest, I thought you knew that.

I do know much about Christian Dogma (and Judaic) - having read most of the OT, and less of the NT, and having in interest in Religious Evolution via historical conquests and how the new occupiers change the religion of the natives (i.e. the Romanization of Christianity - the old Ebionite form via Gospel of Mark, supplanted by the Paulists).
Evolution or not He's still a hole.
gaffo
Posts: 3476
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:46 pm
gaffo wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:33 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:11 am

Your god sounds like a bit of a c*unt to me.
I have no God, I'm an Athiest, I thought you knew that.

I do know much about Christian Dogma (and Judaic) - having read most of the OT, and less of the NT, and having in interest in Religious Evolution via historical conquests and how the new occupiers change the religion of the natives (i.e. the Romanization of Christianity - the old Ebionite form via Gospel of Mark, supplanted by the Paulists).
Evolution or not He's still a hole.
Such a simple rely. There are many Gods BTW - 1000's, not just one.

What's your story to have such a view of your former God. your personal story to be so "anti"god" - you could be a former Hindu, but i think via statistic. and this forum being western, you are probably Anti-Christ (I would say anti-YHWH, but nearly all christians today affirm Christ as YHWH - and doubt you are a former Jew - though they are western, their numbers are so low as to allow me to assme you are not a former Jew).
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:23 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:46 pm
gaffo wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:33 pm

I have no God, I'm an Athiest, I thought you knew that.

I do know much about Christian Dogma (and Judaic) - having read most of the OT, and less of the NT, and having in interest in Religious Evolution via historical conquests and how the new occupiers change the religion of the natives (i.e. the Romanization of Christianity - the old Ebionite form via Gospel of Mark, supplanted by the Paulists).
Evolution or not He's still a hole.
Such a simple rely. There are many Gods BTW - 1000's, not just one.

What's your story to have such a view of your former God. your personal story to be so "anti"god" - you could be a former Hindu, but i think via statistic. and this forum being western, you are probably Anti-Christ (I would say anti-YHWH, but nearly all christians today affirm Christ as YHWH - and doubt you are a former Jew - though they are western, their numbers are so low as to allow me to assme you are not a former Jew).
Yeah I know that there are many gods.
I don't really regard your personal questions as important or relevant. I'm not here to feed your prejudice.
90% of Christians ain't even heard of Yahoo Wahoo or Yarway. And Culturally each conception of God is a evolution of local "pagan" gods, since 90+% of historical christians were "converted" mostly forcibly through word of mouth via the syncratism of local gods.
All you need to know is that I have studied culture; anthropologically, historicaly and archaeologically. I have looked at the emergence of religions and the arguments for the existence of god/s and found them wanting.
Further - I would argue that the persistence of religion is a great harm to human progress, and fosters suspicion and hatred between different groups.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by Lacewing »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:02 am Further - I would argue that the persistence of religion is a great harm to human progress, and fosters suspicion and hatred between different groups.
That sounds true to me.

There is no reason that spiritual beliefs need to be organized into massive organizations.

There is no reason that organizations that serve communities need to be based on a spiritual belief.

Large organized religion is too hypnotic and toxic for too many.

Religion's toxic influence is printed on money, and presidents swear an oath on a book of archaic stories.

It's a type of madness, really.

Natural spiritual beauty comes from individuals -- not from organizations that seek to control.
Age
Posts: 5113
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 am
Age wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:21 pm Is this REALLY what I have been explaining and telling you?
Yes it is, you have stated many times that people are stupid, greedy and moronic, among other things.
So, 'you' REALLY CAN UNDERSTAND 'things', very easily and simply, using 'words', through language, correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 am You really did say this, look back at what you said, it's all there.
But the main point here now was and is that you CAN understand 'things' through the use of words and language.

By the way, if you can not or will not provide the actual evidence, then do NOT expect me, nor "others", to find what it is that you ALLEGE was said.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 am
Age wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:21 pm But what did you use the number 8, when it only took three words ONLY?
There you go again, twisting things round to suit your own personal agenda.
Am I?

What is the 'it' here referring to EXACTLY, which you are now proposing that I am, supposedly, twisting around?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 am Now saying it only takes 3 WORDS... when you already agreed that it takes 8 words.
But I NEVER agreed that 'it' takes 8 words. Unless, of course, you can PROVE otherwise. I await your response.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 am You agreed that this is ALREADY KNOWN in response to what I'd said...here is your response to what I'd said in 8 words... >>>

In fact, that is part of what 'I' have been EXPLAINING to 'you'. See, how SIMPLE and EASY ALL-OF-THIS is to EXPLAIN, to 'you', using words? Even you have grasped and understood what I have been TELLING 'you'.
What can be CLEARLY SEEN is I said, ' this is PART of what 'I' have been EXPLAINING to 'you' '

I then asked you a CLARIFYING question, which you have NOT YET answered.

What did you say in eight words?

REMEMBER, I did ask you; 'Why did you use the number 8, when 'it' only took three words ONLY?' This means, I do NOT know what you are referring to with and by the number 8. What are the 8 words you are referring to?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 am
Age wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:21 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:04 pm See, you could have just saved yourself so much time and energy, but it’s obviously clear, that you really do love to drive yourself round the twist.
If this is what is OBVIOUSLY CLEAR to 'you', then this MUST BE what is happening, to 'you', correct?
Yes, you enjoy driving yourself round the twist, that's right.
As I just implied, and pointed out; If this is what you BELIEVE is true, then, to 'you', this MUST BE what is occurring, to 'you'.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 am However, don't assume others are going to want to join with you in your twisted dance routines.
Okay, I will NOT.

However, and by the way, I was NEVER intending to anyway.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 am Your whirlpool energy is not even strong enough to suck everyone else in it anyway, and is why you always seem to FAIL in your attempt to communicate with others.
Okay.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 am The problem with you Age, is that you say things and then forget or even deny you have said the things you say, and then you expect other people to clarify your forgetfulness for you.
That may be true. And, what else might be more true IS; I do NOT forget all of, nor even deny, the things that I have ACTUALLY said, but rather I have actually NOT said the things that 'you' and "others" sometimes assume and/or believe that I have said. As can be CLEARLY EVIDENCED above.

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:54 am Well no one likes to play that stupid game ok. So either shush yer mush, or play the communication game properly.


.
'you' REALLY DO NOT WANT 'me' to talk here in this forum, correct?

Why can 'you' NOT just IGNORE 'Me'?

Is it because 'I' can point out and SHOW how 'hell' does actually exist, but you BELIEVE 'hell' does NOT exist? Or, is there some other reason?
Age
Posts: 5113
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Here’s a question for anyone who believes in the existence of HELL:

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:02 am
gaffo wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:23 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:46 pm

Evolution or not He's still a hole.
Such a simple rely. There are many Gods BTW - 1000's, not just one.

What's your story to have such a view of your former God. your personal story to be so "anti"god" - you could be a former Hindu, but i think via statistic. and this forum being western, you are probably Anti-Christ (I would say anti-YHWH, but nearly all christians today affirm Christ as YHWH - and doubt you are a former Jew - though they are western, their numbers are so low as to allow me to assme you are not a former Jew).
Yeah I know that there are many gods.
I don't really regard your personal questions as important or relevant. I'm not here to feed your prejudice.
90% of Christians ain't even heard of Yahoo Wahoo or Yarway. And Culturally each conception of God is a evolution of local "pagan" gods, since 90+% of historical christians were "converted" mostly forcibly through word of mouth via the syncratism of local gods.
All you need to know is that I have studied culture; anthropologically, historicaly and archaeologically. I have looked at the emergence of religions and the arguments for the existence of god/s and found them wanting.
Further - I would argue that the persistence of religion is a great harm to human progress, and fosters suspicion and hatred between different groups.
Does the group known as "atheism" foster suspicion and hatred between different groups also?

Could it be possible that the persistence of non-religion be a great harm to human progress also?

Or, is either or both of these things just not possible?
Post Reply