God given rights. Do you really have any?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: God given rights. Do you really have any?

Post by Greatest I am »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 pm It also depends from what perspective god and all its appendages is viewed. Historically considered the entire concept can be discounted since it only has a record of created gods and how they developed; from a philosophical aspect one can mindtrip on god in any manner one likes. From a theistic point of view god is a fixed entity that demands belief and total subservience to maintain itself not unlike a divine dictatorship ruling by divine right. It's ultimate injunction is to yield if you know what's good for you.
U C 20/20.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Re: Mannie

Post by Greatest I am »

Dubious wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:47 pm
No! It doesn't ring true at all. Consider the other side of the coin. How have religions, especially the controlling agents of Christianity, used god as the ultimate opportunity to enrich themselves throughout its entire history.
??

What are tithes?

What religion, or any tribe, does not try to profit from it's con game and maintain it's existence?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Re: Dubious makes an excellent pont. With that point in mind: I revise myself.

Post by Greatest I am »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:04 am Seems to me: if a guy doesn't think god exists, and doesn't spend a whole whack of time thinkin' about it, then he's an atheist (or mebbe an apatheist).

But: if that guy instead evidences an active, venomous hatred for believers, god-belief, or god, goin' so far as to write books & essays or forum posts denouncin' believers, god-belief, or god, then he's an anti-theist, as invested in god as the theist, as much a believer as the theist.
So if you see an ideology going around doing a lot of damage by misogynous and homophobic thinking, and the promotion of a satanic god, you will just let it. Right?

Or do you push the more moral ideology?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

RCSaunders wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:34 am
henry quirk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:04 am ... if that guy instead evidences an active, venomous hatred for believers, god-belief, or god, goin' so far as to write books & essays or forum posts denouncin' believers, god-belief, or god, then he's an anti-theist, as invested in god as the theist, as much a believer as the theist.
That's good, Henry. The only exception might be when, if a theist uses his own beliefs as an argument for some philosophical concept, like human nature being depraved, for example, it might be necessary to address the theistic belief to address the philosophical mistake. Otherwise, I agree, the militant anti-theist is promoting an ideology of sorts.
Indeed, and they are usually moral as compared to the immorality in preached by religions.

Regards
DL
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:04 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:04 am Seems to me: if a guy doesn't think god exists, and doesn't spend a whole whack of time thinkin' about it, then he's an atheist (or mebbe an apatheist).

But: if that guy instead evidences an active, venomous hatred for believers, god-belief, or god, goin' so far as to write books & essays or forum posts denouncin' believers, god-belief, or god, then he's an anti-theist, as invested in god as the theist, as much a believer as the theist.
So if you see an ideology going around doing a lot of damage by misogynous and homophobic thinking, and the promotion of a satanic god, you will just let it. Right?

Or do you push the more moral ideology?

Regards
DL
I avoid folks with rotten ideas, I don't punish 'em

punish the folks who actually, in a tangible way, deprive others of life, liberty, or property

for example: Joe thinks I'm goin' to hell cuz I'm a deist...I'll tell Joe to kiss my ass and go about my business; Joe tries to send me to hell...I shoot Joe in the face

see how it works?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

I see how your mind. Yuk.

Regards
DL
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:31 pm I see how your mind. Yuk.

Regards
DL
yeah, I ain't in love with your thinkin' either, bub
Luxin

deleted 466

Post by Luxin »

deleted 466
Last edited by Luxin on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Luxin wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:29 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:51 pm
You seem to think you have the power to make yourself loved by someone. How do you exercise that power?
Hello DL,

Spiritual Love has no power to compel anyone. Love is a power that engenders the requital of Love.
Love is not love till after the reciprocity.

One cannot create true love alone.

Works and deeds leads requital.

Regards
DL