God and COVID-19

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: God and COVID-19

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:40 pm
Age wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:07 am Who was the human/s that created this virus, where was it created exactly, and what for? Also, how do you know that this virus was created by humans?
Already answered upstream.
Where?

Were the answers to all four questions provided.

I have looked and I could not see any answers to these actual questions anywhere "upstream".

Was is to hard for you, or were you totally incapable, to provide WHERE these supposed answers ARE?

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:43 pm
Age wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:18 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:07 pm

It was commies eatin' garbage animals: raw bat brain soup, raw snake intestine tar-tar, pangolin toenail sammiches.
Is this an absolute and irrefutable fact, or just more like what you believe is true?
Several eggheads, at the beginning of the coronapocalypse, surmised the virus jumped species by way of commies eatin' garbage animals, and talkin' heads reported that, then some sensitive souls in the media decided the info was horribly racist and memory-holed it (commies coverin' for commies).
Saying, " several "eggheads" "surmizing" "something" and "others" reporting that", does NOT answer my actual question asked.

And, what some "people" said about "rascism" also does NOT answer my actual question asked. All this part of what you say is obviously just 'trying to' deflect from the obvious fact that you can NOT answer my actual question asked, or you are to afraid to answer my question OPENLY and Honestly.

Is there any actual evidence and proof that some human being/s eating some animal/s is what caused the virus called "corona" to pass onto human beings, OR, is this just what you have heard and now believe is true?

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:57 pm So, when you are the "bad and mad dog", which is far more often than you believe, is it then okay to just kill you as well? After all, it is actually kinder to end you than fix you. Or, does it not work the other way around?

Quite apart from whether it's okay or not, it's always a possibility that some wad of phlegm will decide to off me (cuz I'm a bad egg, cuz he wants the contents of my wallet, or just because).
Or, it might just be because you are a capitalist "mad or bad dog", or because you are an actual racist "bad egg", which does not deserve to be alive and living on this planet.

It appears that you believe that you have the right kill "mad or bad dogs" or that they should just be killed, so I am just wondering if it works both ways, or just the way you decide?
henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:57 pm It is what it is.
Very True.

henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:57 pm But it is because of autonomy that human beings will live in utopia.

Then go live there. I won't.
lol you will not have any choice in the matter, unless of course you continue to keep choosing to do the wrong things that you do.

Also, the utter hatred you have built up within you will never allow you to live in peace and harmony. You are obviously being controlled, and thus have far less free will then you would love to have.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:59 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:43 pm
Age wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:18 pm

Is this an absolute and irrefutable fact, or just more like what you believe is true?
Several eggheads, at the beginning of the coronapocalypse, surmised the virus jumped species by way of commies eatin' garbage animals, and talkin' heads reported that, then some sensitive souls in the media decided the info was horribly racist and memory-holed it (commies coverin' for commies).
Saying, " several "eggheads" "surmizing" "something" and "others" reporting that", does NOT answer my actual question asked.

And, what some "people" said about "rascism" also does NOT answer my actual question asked. All this part of what you say is obviously just 'trying to' deflect from the obvious fact that you can NOT answer my actual question asked, or you are to afraid to answer my question OPENLY and Honestly.

Is there any actual evidence and proof that some human being/s eating some animal/s is what caused the virus called "corona" to pass onto human beings, OR, is this just what you have heard and now believe is true?
As far as I know there is NO evidence, except circumstantial.
As far as we know humans could well have given the virus to those same animals now accused of infecting us.
Since ALL evidence is post hoc, following from well after the infection was well spread and identified it simply cannot be the case that any evidence could reflect a particular trajectory.
All such suggestions are speculation.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Yeah, I don't care.

#

you will not have any choice in the matter, unless of course you continue to keep choosing to do the wrong things that you do.

I don't wanna live in utopia, so I'm gonna keep doin' bad things.

#

Not necessarily so at all in relation to what I was talking about.

You asked me about assembly line; I explained my use of it.

'nuff said on that.
Last edited by henry quirk on Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:17 pm What "assembly line"?

It's a metaphor (or analogy, or simile, or somesuch [never could get those straight]. If man is not a free will then man is a robot, a machine and life just an assembly line.
Not necessarily so at all in relation to what I was talking about. Adult human beings only have for example the free will to choose to kill another human being with a gun solely because guns exist. Take the gun out of existence, then obviously human beings can not make the wrong, bad, or evil choice to kill with a gun. Human beings do not suddenly become a "robot", a "machine", nor "live just an assembly line" if the choices to do wrong are removed from them.

The Truth IS we once did not have the choice of doing wrong/evil. And, once more, we will not have the choices of doing wrong/evil again. Discovering or learning the reason WHY adult human beings do wrong/evil, then we can prevent that from ever happening again.

Anyway, human beings have free will and this could not be any other way. And, by the way, human beings also are equally deterministic as they are in having free will. But this is another matter, for another discussion.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:15 pm Saying, " several "eggheads" "surmizing" "something" and "others" reporting that", does NOT answer my actual question asked.

Yeah, I don't care.
This is a philosophy forum. And as I continually say, If one wants to claim some thing, then I suggest that they have at least some thing to back up and support their claim, before they make the actual claim.
henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:15 pm #

you will not have any choice in the matter, unless of course you continue to keep choosing to do the wrong things that you do.

I don't wanna live in utopia, so I'm gonna keep doin' bad things.
That is fair enough. And, it is a PERFECT explanation of WHY we live in the "world" that we are now.

You are not the only one who only thinks and cares about them 'self', and a very few select "others".
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

This is a philosophy forum.

No shit.

Tell you what: you philosophize as you like, and I'll philosophize as I like.

You are not the only one who only thinks and cares about them 'self', and a very few select "others".

Yeah, I'm a miser with my love.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:06 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:31 pmSorry, IC. I was in a bad way yesterday. After more sleep, I'm thinking differently.
Are you feeling content to leave it there, Gary? Or do you still have concerns?

I'm happy to roll with your preference.
Just leave it there.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:23 pm Just leave it there.
As you prefer.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:35 pm
This is a philosophy forum.
No shit.

Tell you what: you philosophize as you like, and I'll philosophize as I like.
I did not mean any thing about "philosophizing". I meant being in a philosophy forum, at least speak only the actual truth of things, and also be at least able to back up and support any and all claims made here.

henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:35 pm
Yeah, I'm a miser with my love.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Age wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm If 'islam' means peace, and, 'muslim' means follower of islam/peace, (which I say they do) then EVERY one is born a 'muslim', and naturally embraces/wants peace.
That is correct indeed. In Islam, the belief is that every child is born as a Muslim. When someone embraces Islam, we say that he/she is reverting back to this natural state in which he/she was born into. This natural disposition to follow Islam in every newborn child is known in Arabic as the ''fitrah''. Some Muslims say that the correct technical term to qualify someone embracing Islam would be reversion instead of conversion.

Age wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm
Averroes wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:43 pm
Age wrote: By the way, what is a so called "good death" to you?
Dying as a Muslim in a state/condition that is pleasing to Allah, the Almighty. For example, like the death of prophet David(pbuh). When the Angel of Death came to Prophet David(pbuh), the latter welcomed him, and was ready to die on the spot. Or like the future death of Angel Gabriel (pbuh), who will die in prostration to Allah, the Almighty. These are the deaths that I aspire to, and I always ask Allah, the Most Merciful in my prayers for a good death and not a shameful return.
You may now be asking, what is a shameful return for me? If that be so, then examples of shameful deaths in my judgement are: the death of Pharaoh, the death of Nimrod, and the future death of Satan, the cursed, among others. And I ask Allah, the Almighty to preserve me, the Muslims and my loved ones from such deaths.
Why do you separate, and select, only some human beings to be preserved?
This is a very good question, thank you for asking that.

In Islam, I am forbidden by my Lord, the Almighty from imposing Islam on anyone, as Allah says in the following verse in the Holy Quran that there is no compulsion in religion:
  • There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut (the Rebel, the Satan) and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. [Quran, interpretation of meaning 2:256]
That also means that I cannot impose what I consider to be good and bad on other people who do not share in my faith. For example, as I already said, I consider the conditions in which Pharaoh and Nimrod died to be shameful, but not everyone will share my point of view. So for the latter people, I cannot impose on them my belief of what I consider to be shameful by asking for them to be preserved from something they might not consider bad! For example, some people might consider the destiny of Pharaoh to be good, thus if I were to ask for them to be preserved from the shameful death of Pharaoh, then I would be imposing my beliefs on them. Another example as I already said is the future death of Satan, the cursed which I consider to be utterly shameful and disgraceful. You must already know that there are many people nowadays who, in the exercise of their freedom of conscience, are openly worshiping Satan, the cursed. For these people, I am forbidden to go against their freedom of conscience by imposing on them to be preserved from the destiny of their chosen false god. As a last example, as I said, I consider the future death of Angel Gabriel to be a great death. Angel Gabriel(pbuh) will die in prostration to Allah, the Almighty. There are many people who do not want to worship and prostrate to Allah, the Almighty. So for these people I cannot impose on them something that they are continually refusing to do by asking for them what I consider to be a good death. Would you want me to impose my beliefs on you? Not many people would want that. But in any case, I can't do that, even if you wanted me to. I can only humbly advise. I hope these clarifications answer your pertinent question.

Age wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm Is 'your' Allah the exact same as "christians" God
Again this is a very good and pertinent question. Thank you for asking that. For me to be able to answer your question correctly, it is important for us to first consider that Christianity is not a monolithic religion. All those who call themselves Christians do not worship the same deity. There are Christians who consider Prophet Jesus (Pbuh) to be God and others who do not. For example, Trinitarian Christians worship Jesus(pbuh) as God while Unitarian Christians do not consider Jesus to be God, but consider him to be only a human messenger of God.
In Islam, Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) is considered to be a human messenger of God, the Almighty. In Islam, only God, the Almighty should be worshiped and no one else. Worshiping other than God, the Almighty is considered the greatest sin in Islam. So for those Christians who worship only God, the Almighty and no one else, then we worship the same God. But for those Christians who worship Prophet Jesus or the Trinity or whatever else besides God, then we do not worship the same deity.
Age wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm Have you or "christians" never considered that Allah/God does NOT care one iota about any one of 'you' over another one?
With all due respect to you, thinking that Allah, the Most Merciful does not care about us is not part of my belief. Allah, the Almighty created us, and provides for us our sustenance and Allah forgives us when we sincerely ask for His forgiveness. It is because Allah, the Almighty cares for us that Allah has favored us with so much blessings that we cannot even count these blessings.

Moreover, Allah, the Most Merciful says in Quran that those who are most righteous have a higher status in His sight.
  • O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted. [Quran, interpretation of meaning, 49:13]
Please, I do not want to offend anyone by replying in their place. So I will have to decline answering for the Christian part of your question. Please, see no disrespect to you or anyone in that reservation.
Age wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm Have any of you ever thought that God loves and cares for ALL of 'you' in the exact same way, shape, and form, no matter what anyone of you assumes or believes?
Again, I do not believe that. Allah, the All-Knowing says in the Quran in chapter 4 verse 107 that He does not love one who is an habitually sinful deceiver. For example, Satan, the cursed who is an habitual sinful deceiver is completely removed from the mercy of Allah, the Almighty.
Age wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm I thank you also, for at least trying to answer my questions. Most do not even notice them, or will not even consider them when reading them, let alone even trying to answer them.
You are most welcomed. I try to do my best but as I told you I am not a scholar. So I ask for your understanding for any shortcomings in my answers.
Age wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm By the way, I had no wish to "embrace" islam,
Thank you for the clarification. In case you change your mind in the future, I hope that the information I presented here will be of help to you or at least give a sense of direction of how to proceed.
And if someone else reading this had a similar query, then I hope that you have benefited.
I thank you for taking the time to inquire about Islam.

Have a nice day forum members.
henry quirk

let's have a test

Post by henry quirk »

I meant being in a philosophy forum, at least speak only the actual truth of things, and also be at least able to back up and support any and all claims made here.

You're the one sayin' you're not human, yeah?

Please, back up and support that claim (cuz I think you're as human as anyone else.)
Immanuel Can

Re: let's have a test

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:19 pm Yeah, I'm a miser with my love.
Good one! :D

Post by Age »

Averroes wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:35 am
Age wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm If 'islam' means peace, and, 'muslim' means follower of islam/peace, (which I say they do) then EVERY one is born a 'muslim', and naturally embraces/wants peace.
That is correct indeed. In Islam, the belief is that every child is born as a Muslim. When someone embraces Islam, we say that he/she is reverting back to this natural state in which he/she was born into. This natural disposition to follow Islam in every newborn child is known in Arabic as the ''fitrah''. Some Muslims say that the correct technical term to qualify someone embracing Islam would be reversion instead of conversion.
Well how about instead of human beings 'reverting' back to being followers of peace we just stop what causes human beings to 'turn away' from being followers of peace in the beginning? After all, prevention is better than the cure!

All adult human beings have to do now is to find out what caused them to turn their back on following peace and made them follow evil, then they, if they were Truly serious about loving their children, would do what it takes to prevent their children to grow up following evil, just like they are doing now, which in turn would teach their children to do what is right in Life, for their own children when they are adults.

Obviously the version of islam that gets taught now is not a True version of peace as it obviously causes separation, which then causes friction and tension. True Peace is EVERY one unified in harmony as One, without absolutely any separation at all.