Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8604
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:25 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:23 pm I seriously cannot believe you could be so insecure about such knowledge being known.
Hey, you're the one who says nobody "knows" anything.

Interesting that you exempt yourself from your universal claim.
ok IC, what ever you claim will be rightfully yours, I have no interest in what's yours.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 9205
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:26 pm Whatever...
Sage.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8604
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:28 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:26 pm Whatever...
Sage.
There is no other sage but you.

This is why I had to walk away from you when we tried to discuss the God thing. When I said to you that I had no idea what you were talking about.

It was a bad idea on my part, my bad. I knew our two way discussion about our god was just not going to work out.

Sages can't talk to other sages, for there is no one there in the other for the sage to bounce off.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:27 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:11 pm It sounds like you've just described Christianity...
Then you don't know anything about Christianity, I guess. It does not at all ask people not to reason or to use evidence or experience to find rational conclusions. In fact, it invites those things.
Christianity is full of sheep. You know that. However, you continually demonstrate that lying is required to support your claims that Christianity is ONLY and TRULY some personal ideal you claim it to be, as you are incapable of honestly acknowledging THE OTHER OBVIOUS ASPECTS OF CHRISTIANITY that exist and are destructively in opposition to what it supposedly stands for. If you can't look at the broader truth, your small truth is a lie.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8604
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:28 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:26 pm Whatever...
Sage.
In fact you really are the crappiest christian moron I've ever come accross in my life.

You have no idea whatsoever how to communicate the tacit God.

The female is smarter than the male, just get over it...already. :shock:
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 9205
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:44 pm Christianity is full of sheep.
Well, news for you: people are sheep. Most people are followers, and a few lead.

You can probably find nominally "Christian" sheep, but I guarantee you can find lots of Democrat, Republican, libertarian, communist, nationalist, internationalist, philosophizing and social justice sheep, too. You'll find some everywhere.

Business as usual, that.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 9205
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:46 pm In fact you really are the crappiest christian moron I've ever come accross in my life.
Thanks.

But I can spell "across." :D
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8604
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:52 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:46 pm In fact you really are the crappiest christian moron I've ever come accross in my life.
Thanks.

But I can spell "across." :D
Yeah, but only in your dreams mate.

Bye bore. :shock:
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:51 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:44 pm Christianity is full of sheep.
Well, news for you: people are sheep. Most people are followers, and a few lead.
That's not news. And it INCLUDES Christians. Even Christian congregations refer to themselves as a flock. They are some of the most ardent followers on the planet. They VOTE the way their church tells them to vote -- even when it's contrary to what they claim to believe in.

Get off it. Your Christian idol is full of dishonesty and foolishness.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8604
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:51 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:44 pm Christianity is full of sheep.
Well, news for you: people are sheep. Most people are followers, and a few lead.

You can probably find nominally "Christian" sheep, but I guarantee you can find lots of Democrat, Republican, libertarian, communist, nationalist, internationalist, philosophizing and social justice sheep, too. You'll find some everywhere.

Business as usual, that.
Insulting innocent sheep now, the sheep, is perfect scapegoat for you isn't it...pardon the irony.

Your fancy high sounding words are meaningless..fool.
Dubious
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Dubious »

Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:38 amBut how else does God speak other than through men and their languages? The older. tribal, Jahweh spoke through holy fire, holy smoke, holy men, holy bush, holy this and that just like the pagans' gods. The older Jahweh was indistinguishable from the pagans' gods. That is, until he proclaimed through the prophet Moses He was the one and only God.
...and that's the point exactly as you stated. God is our creation subject to refinement which amounts to all that's ever been concerning god or gods. In order to make god more palpable, that is, shown as existing, we endow all sorts of philosophical and moralistic qualities to it which serve our perceptions and celebrated through ritual. Not least, god more than the indifference of nature or fate, provides hope based on the nominal conscience and consciousness of an all-pervading power.
Belinda wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:38 amUntil very recently all Xians thought God essentially existed as a powerful agent. Now even some Xians can view God as relative to the state of consciousness of the individual man , and the culture within which the individual man has his being.
Nicely expressed! I couldn't agree more. The idea of god has always been relative to the individual man and collectively so within the culture he inhabits. Psychologically god functions as a variable. To confirmed theists it reigns as an absolute without any tentacles of doubt to obstruct it.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 9205
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:02 pm They VOTE the way their church tells them to vote -- even when it's contrary to what they claim to believe in.
Your evidence for this is...?

Nonexistent.

Well, have a nice day, anyway.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2229
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:03 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:02 pm They VOTE the way their church tells them to vote -- even when it's contrary to what they claim to believe in.
Your evidence for this is...?

Nonexistent.

Well, have a nice day, anyway.
You do know what a "flock" is?
Belinda
Posts: 4053
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Belinda »

Dubious wrote:
The idea of god has always been relative to the individual man and collectively so within the culture he inhabits.
It feels good to be agreed with, Dubious, but I have to disagree with the above. Ideas of God have only recently since Einstein been relative to individuals' perspectives. For most of history people believed God was the central point of being that influenced all lesser beings.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: Smart Christianity / Dumb Christianity

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:03 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:02 pm They VOTE the way their church tells them to vote -- even when it's contrary to what they claim to believe in.
Your evidence for this is...?
I know Christians who have done this.

Do you seriously not even imagine it can be true?
Post Reply