Why do men like to kill men?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

At times of war, many men smile in the anticipation of killing another man. Sons love to anticipate killing as well. Killing is the epitome of personal drama and that is why we love it. Fathers love to see it in their children, and the children are eager to emulate their parents.

We just love war, and it we do not collectively stop loving it, it looks like we will go extinct. We are just to god damned powerful for this little spaceship earth.

Nice that modern humans, as a species we are so nice that we mostly do economic war. Not so nice when we wage military war. Unfortunately, we now seem to be waring against our own existence.

Better to trade, even with nature; so why do we seem eager to destroy ourselves by killing the earth?

The notion of honorable killing served us well to date. That notion, because of population pressures and M.A.D., now means more of an honorable suicide or genocide by all the military forces of the world, should they be stupid enough to get to a nuclear WWIII.

We men are no longer doing the best that we can for our children or our own best end. We have not curbed our love of killing enough and have put our full global habitat at risk of extinction. Stupid is as stupid does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIQynsWpBpQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

Regards
DL
henry quirk

Re: Why do men like to kill men?

Post by henry quirk »

Most don't. Most who have to kill do it from necessity (of a particular moment) not for pleasure.

At times of war, many men smile in the anticipation of killing another man. Sons love to anticipate killing as well. Killing is the epitome of personal drama and that is why we love it. Fathers love to see it in their children, and the children are eager to emulate their parents.

Sorry, guy, but the above is waaaay off the mark. For one, no man smiles in war, not the ones actually killin' and bein' killed. For another, you seems to be jammin' hunting (sumthin' fathers might do with their kids) up against war-makin' (sumthin' no dad wants his kids to suffer through).

We just love war, and it we do not collectively stop loving it, it looks like we will go extinct. We are just to god damned powerful for this little spaceship earth.

No, most of us really don't, and no, we won't.

why do we seem eager to destroy ourselves by killing the earth?

We're not, and we aren't.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:46 pm Why do men like to kill men?
Why do women like to kill their babies?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I'm sure most don't (I would hope that's the case) but must humans are essentially morons who need a daddy/leader figure to tell them what to do. It's not difficult to manipulate a population into doing your bidding. Just look at the world now. Every time you see a red paper poppy on some twit, you are looking at a brainwashed imbecile.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:16 pm
Why do men like to kill lots of babies every time they masturbate?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:20 pm Why do men like to kill lots of babies every time they masturbate?
You're Catholic? I'm surprised.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Odd question without establishing that they do first.

I doubt anyone 'normally' likes to kill anyone. There is the hormonal consideration of testosterone in men more than women that can contribute to make people more antsy and annoyed by stimuli. This may tend to make men more physically reactive for violence. But in a similar but opposing way, when you see men and women compete together, it is the women who often take on emotional frustration against women over men. Think of the reality competion shows like Survivor or Big Brother.

For whatever reason, women tend to go against other women much quicker than the men even where it is more logically evident that it is some male who was at fault for some scheme in play. I'm more curious to determine this factor. The male violence is too often taken quicker notice but the female versions of are ignored. Since more statistically women are the smaller of any sexual pairing, the female who has similar violent tendencies appear to be relatively docile but they are just forced to alter HOW they react.

Since this is only a relative factor, the reverse kind of behavior occurs when the female is the more relatively physically bigger partner over the male. So this suggests that IF there is any tendency to violence, the more physically dominant person, regardless of sex, will use more overt violence and the less physically dominant, being less likely to succeed being overtly forceful, learns to utilize INDIRECT forms of behavior that are harder to find accountable. As such, the physically weaker will learn to use indirect ways to attack or retaliate such as use manipulation of others, to harm another. The coincidental association to sex is cultural. Why for instance, do women still prefer taller males and men prefer shorter ones?

Either way, there is no universal truth to that assumption.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

I presume you imply 'men' meant;
Why do humans like to kill humans?
  • 1. All humans are "programmed" to survive at least till the inevitable with the ultimate purpose to ensure the survival and preservation of the species.

2. To survive, humans has to eat, thus is programmed with the "kill" instinct to kill living things for food.

3. To survive humans also has to defend against threats to their survival, thus is programmed with the "kill" instincts to neutralize the threats.

4. Therefore the programmed "kill" instinct is a necessity, else the human species would have gone extinct long ago.

5. Humans are also "programmed" with the ability for impulse control - also to ensure survival. The impulse control of the majority at present is rather weak depending on the stimuli and triggers.

6. It is the weak impulse control that drive some humans to abuse their "programmed killing instincts" to kill other humans not in alignment with its intended purposes.
If humans are not "programmed" with the killing instinct via evolution, humans will not kill other human beings. Example if humans had evolved like 'bovine' to eat grass only.

It is not that humans "like" to kill other humans, it is a matter of that humans has weak impulse control to modulate their necessary programmed "killing" instinct.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:06 pm Why do men like to kill men?

Most don't. Most who have to kill do it from necessity (of a particular moment) not for pleasure.

Sorry, guy, but the above is waaaay off the mark. For one, no man smiles in war, not the ones actually killin' and bein' killed. For another, you seems to be jammin' hunting (sumthin' fathers might do with their kids) up against war-makin' (sumthin' no dad wants his kids to suffer through).

No, most of us really don't, and no, we won't.

why do we seem eager to destroy ourselves by killing the earth?

We're not, and we aren't.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...
Lots of denials, while ignoring our 5,000 years of almost constant war.

Try refuting instead of just denying, while ignoring history.

If we do not love war, why are we always fighting them?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

You are hanging around a weird bunch of women.

I think you are talking about women whose men have not taken responsibility for their sperm.

That is why about 50% of all households in the U.S. are manned by single women.

Why keep the offspring of inferior men alive?

If men refuse to be men, blaming the women for reacting negatively to such worthless men is not surprising.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:17 pm I'm sure most don't
The evidence is against you.

Do you have another explanation for our 5,000 years of almost constant warfare?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:20 pm
Why do men like to kill lots of babies every time they masturbate?
??

You think sperm turn into babies?

Try biology 101.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Scott Mayers wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:06 pm Odd question without establishing that they do first.

I doubt anyone 'normally' likes to kill anyone. There is the hormonal consideration of testosterone in men more than women that can contribute to make people more antsy and annoyed by stimuli. This may tend to make men more physically reactive for violence. But in a similar but opposing way, when you see men and women compete together, it is the women who often take on emotional frustration against women over men. Think of the reality competion shows like Survivor or Big Brother.

For whatever reason, women tend to go against other women much quicker than the men even where it is more logically evident that it is some male who was at fault for some scheme in play. I'm more curious to determine this factor. The male violence is too often taken quicker notice but the female versions of are ignored. Since more statistically women are the smaller of any sexual pairing, the female who has similar violent tendencies appear to be relatively docile but they are just forced to alter HOW they react.

Since this is only a relative factor, the reverse kind of behavior occurs when the female is the more relatively physically bigger partner over the male. So this suggests that IF there is any tendency to violence, the more physically dominant person, regardless of sex, will use more overt violence and the less physically dominant, being less likely to succeed being overtly forceful, learns to utilize INDIRECT forms of behavior that are harder to find accountable. As such, the physically weaker will learn to use indirect ways to attack or retaliate such as use manipulation of others, to harm another. The coincidental association to sex is cultural. Why for instance, do women still prefer taller males and men prefer shorter ones?

Either way, there is no universal truth to that assumption.
For the same reason men vote for taller men. We and our instincts are still in, might is better, mode.

All political advisors will tell their masters to look strong, not smart and that is how we get Trumped.

Our brains are still too stupid in many of us to get past that old limit.

I have no interest in talking about women, given that 99 % of our war making machine and the motivators for war are men, even as I acknowledge your good points.

"I doubt anyone 'normally' likes to kill anyone."

How do you explain our 5,000 years of almost constant warfare if we do not like to war and kill?

Regards
DL
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

our 5,000 years of almost constant war.

War stretches a helluva lot further back than that. Since before man out of the trees, some men have warred, not all men.

If we do not love war, why are we always fighting them?

Not we, some.

If all you do is pay attention to the school yard fight you never see the teachin' and learnin' goin' on in the classroom. In fact, if all you see are the school yard fights, you might conclude school is synonymous with war.
Last edited by henry quirk on Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:27 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:20 pm Why do men like to kill lots of babies every time they masturbate?
You're Catholic? I'm surprised.
Why does God like to kill men who refuse to impregnate their dead brothers' wives?