Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2608
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:35 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:20 pm Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?
Jews wasn't allowed to own land, so they did banking and trade. Banking was considered sinful back then, and seen as cony behaviour.

Also reading the bible with all their zeal, they were prone for blame for all ills in society.
No argument.

They did have restrictions and managed to turn the tables on those who would restrict them.

IOW, they were smarter, and the less intelligent had the power, and jealousy ruled the less intelligent.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2608
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by Greatest I am »

Dubious wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:56 am Because the Jews didn't comply with either Christians or Muslims. Why would they? It was the latter two who borrowed or better stole from the Jews their scripture and adapted it.

It would have been beyond belief had the Jews accepted those inferior versions instead of what they themselves first created. What's so fucked up about these stupid imbecilic religions is whenever some god is invented the inventors feel outraged when their non-existent deity is ignored. They always insist that their lies are the true lies!

The Jews were hated because first and foremost they accepted their own far older and grander myths with its concomitant traditions instead of those belatedly based on the Jewish saga. Christianity and Islam are the deformed children of Judaism.
Well put. I agree.

Christianity and Islam hated their betters and still do in way too many cases.

Regards
DL
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2351
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by Sculptor »

HexHammer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:22 am There's no hate for jews as of such, but Israelites and Mossad. The hate started in the 70s where annexation wars began, rebel groups was helped to power etc.
I get what you mean. I agree that the behaviour of Israel is deplorable.

However there are people who hate any Jews for being Jews. The herd instinct is strong in people who like to place belief above reason.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2351
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by Sculptor »

Adherence to religion is arrogant, irrational and tribal. Why are you even asking the question?
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9311
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:43 pm
HexHammer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:22 am There's no hate for jews as of such, but Israelites and Mossad. The hate started in the 70s where annexation wars began, rebel groups was helped to power etc.
I get what you mean. I agree that the behaviour of Israel is deplorable.

You mean the behaviour of 'some' Israeli Govts. They haven't all been the same.
User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2608
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by Greatest I am »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:45 pm Adherence to religion is arrogant, irrational and tribal. Why are you even asking the question?
To draw in Christians so that renderings like your good one, they might see, take to heart, and learn a better way.

Regards
DL
User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3352
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by HexHammer »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:08 pmThey did have restrictions and managed to turn the tables on those who would restrict them.

IOW, they were smarter, and the less intelligent had the power, and jealousy ruled the less intelligent.
I agree.
User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2608
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:03 am
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:08 pmThey did have restrictions and managed to turn the tables on those who would restrict them.

IOW, they were smarter, and the less intelligent had the power, and jealousy ruled the less intelligent.
I agree.
:D

Regards
DL
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 9625
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:20 pm Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?
Christians don't. I've been a Christian a long time, and I've never met even one Jew-hating Christian. I did meet a Jew-hating Atheist once, but he told me it was because of things other than his Atheism...it was because he spoke German, and that wasn't popular with Jewish folks in his town. At least, that's what he said.

And you're quite right: if a person calls themselves a Christian, then can't hate Jews, by definition. "Christ" is the Latinization of the Jewish term, "Messiah," meaning "anointed one of Israel." So anybody who understood that would have to be fine with Jews. All the disciples and apostles were Jews. The entire early Church was made up only of Jews, and the question addressed at the very first Church council was "Is it even possible for a Gentile (non-Jew) to be a Christian?"

The answer turned out to be "Yes." But this is quite a reversal from what your question supposes. The Church is, in origin, a Jewish institution. The Gentiles were late-comers.

Again, history shows that any knowledgeable Christian cannot justifiably hate Jews.
gaffo
Posts: 3597
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:31 pm
Bakhita wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:49 pm
Christians and Muslims aren't immune from irrationality and hate. I would caution against presenting such hatred as "normal", however, as I haven't witnessed it except online by such groups as Westboro baptist (who, in their defense, seem to hate everyone equally).
You may not like my style then as I let my hate for Christianity shine.

Hate is born of love. We we default to love and cooperation instead of competition as it is a better survival tactic. I am to love all women and gays, just as Christians are charged to do, and their homophobia and misogyny, I hate because it is anti the love bias that I have formed.

I hope you hate homophobia and misogyny and are a universalist like we Gnostic Christians.

If not, prepare to be hated.
I would also be careful in attributing anti-Semitism to the New Testament authors, as I notice has been done here, considering that they themselves were Jewish. We see Simon Peter in the Acts desiring to keep the Kosher laws in spite of being a Jesus follower, and the apostle Paul completing a (modified) Nazarite pledge in the same book by shaving his head in fulfillment of a vow. Let's be careful about reaching back into texts to try and "justify" the position of bigots according to their own logic. Something about Friedrich Nietzsche, his sister and the Nazis comes to mind.
Anti-Semitism likely began the moment Christians insulted the Jews by reversing the morals of the elevation of man in Eden, to the fall that Christians changed it into. They also took an androgynous Yahweh and turned him into the 3 headed genocidal p**** that Christians idol worship. Christianity has sure worked hard to keep that anti-Semitism alive and active. Bastards all in the distant past and there are not as many bastard Christians around these days. The more intelligent have learned.

I look forwards to see what your thoughts really are. You seem too bright to have lost your mind to supernatural thinking.

Regards
DL
My thoughts are that that Gospel of Mark was Jewish, Matt and Luke also - but also heretical per the pure view of no man being born as YHWH's son (i.e. so the followers of Matt/Luke gospel who viewed themselves as may "new Jews" would be viewed as not Jews by the "hard shell Jews.

same WRT Followers of Gospel of John (which is different from Mark and Matt/Luke theologically and followers of them prob would not affirm the theology of John - though followers of John would also view themselves as "new jews" - and so Jews).
gaffo
Posts: 3597
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by gaffo »

there is a move toward anti-semitism per the theology in the Gospels (just read the role of Pontius Polit to see it (Gops of Peter is most evident - yes i know it is not in the canon, but it is the newest of the Gospels and so shows that trend).
gaffo
Posts: 3597
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by gaffo »

Bakhita wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:30 pm I would urge you to change your style, then, as philosophical discussion seems to be hinged on the principle of charity if convincing others is any goal of ours, and being uncharitable makes it difficult not just for another person to want to continue speaking on a subject, but creates an unnecessary stumbling block for a truth-seeking person to overcome before accepting what you've said. It's illogical to refuse assent to a position because the person showing it to you offended you, but people tend to be illogical in the first place. It doesn't seem to be the place of the philosopher to make wisdom more difficult for a person to be able to reach.
agreed, wise post
gaffo
Posts: 3597
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:44 pm
Bakhita wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:57 pm

Concerning 1, doesn't this seem even more reason to change one's approach? If everyone is yelling at or otherwise offending each other, then philosophy has failed.
Religion is theology and not philosophy and you might have noted that philosophical discussions usually end in close to the same way.
Concerning 2, doesn't this seem even more reason to change one's approach? If everyone is yelling at or otherwise offending each other, then philosophy has failed.

Nothing good comes out of shouting matches. They encourage people to dig in their heels. Neither can anything good come from insulting or belittling, because it encourages people to dig in their heels. If it's offensive to manners, and a point can be made without causing offense, then we seem to have a responsibility to choose the latter.
I tend to reciprocate and do not raise my voice till the volume coming to me is high

except you told me to in effect fuck myself last year, even after you and i conversing in that other now gone forum "bible-disscussion" for what? 10 years?
gaffo
Posts: 3597
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:25 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:42 am Because kristians are morons.
Am I? Am I really?

The creator of this thread is a moron. He just as well could have asked: Why do some atheists hate Jews?
Are you a Christian? - asking here, you say you have a "Teacher" you follow - thought you were were a "new ager"

i know nothing about your teacher - he a Christian too?

i'm asking here to understand you better, not to cast aspertions.
gaffo
Posts: 3597
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by gaffo »

HexHammer wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:35 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:20 pm Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?
Jews wasn't allowed to own land, so they did banking and trade. Banking was considered sinful back then, and seen as cony behaviour.
Rome ruled Judea in Christs time. i value historically accuracy. is this true?

asking here - knowing that in general Roman rule allowed the natives quite a lot of liberty - including citizenship.

welcome historical education on the matter.

HexHammer wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:35 am Also reading the bible with all their zeal, they were prone for blame for all ills in society.
yep, there is a timeline of "Anti-semetism", Mark is the oldest and not anti-semitic.

the latter ones become so per the time they were written - shifting the blame from Pilot to "the jews".
Post Reply