Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:01 am
Scott Mayers wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:00 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:40 am What planet do you live on?

In my christian catholic upbringing I never heard one comment against the jews. In fact, we - as children - were forced to hear the drivel of the old testament as well as the new.

Stop being a twat (i know that's impossible, but stop posting ridiculous threads).

You forgot atheists are in the mix on hating jews.
You aren't implying that 'hate' against Jews had been trivial are you? It still helps to discuss these things even if you don't think it existed by the same degree from your own perspective. Understanding how and why people behave this way can help us figure out how to overcome the problems. They are part of all of us. Athiests, of course, are no exception.
What da fuck is wrong with U people?

You can't keep categorising people of a certain 'faith' as being some sort of kunt.

We could go on for ever with this group hates this group...eg the Romans and their hatred of Chrisitians in the earlier years.

WHO GIVES A FUCK!!! GET OVER IT YOU DUMB KUNTS!!

WHAT GOOD DOES THIS DIVISIONAL THREAD SERVE?

Certainly NOT WISDOM

In fact, do you really want to know the IRONY of JUDAISM and this STUPID thread?
Meyers is refering to historical fact, which you seem to ignore.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:30 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:20 pm
Yahweh chose to have the Jews and Romans sacrifice Jesus and thus the Jews hold no blame.
yet if you look at the timeline the many Gospels of.......Mark - Matt/Luke.........John and lastly Peter

you see the anit-semitism of those works, shifting the blame from the Romans (Mark) - the Jews - per the time they were written (Judiams was dying out and Christianity was taking over).

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:20 pm Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?

Regards
DL
Muslims hate Jews due to Israel-48, its a late hatred via politics - and ignores that the Koran affirms "The people of the book" as receiving "Allah's word"
Allah, Yahweh, same DNA. p**** DNA.

Tell all your friends. :D

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:30 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:20 pm
Yahweh chose to have the Jews and Romans sacrifice Jesus and thus the Jews hold no blame.
Please allow me to add to this.

In a sense, the way Rome wrote it, the Jews did take the rightful blame because Jesus was to be their tradition's sacrifice and suicide and no one else's.

Jews were to be the ones to gain if Jesus happened to be the real sacrifice they envisaged.

FTPOV, Jews hold all the blame.

Then again, That p****, Yahweh, had already decreed it. He ultimately, as the receiver of the sacrifice hold all the blame.

Put no name above God's now.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:56 am
The "Jew", was just likely a generic term for those who wander.
This is true, and was added to by myth scholars like Joseph Campbell. His description is more like wandering killers.

An inherited and largely false rendering that persists in other than intellectual places.

Everyone was a killer in those days. Jews were just good at it.

Jealousy is where it all starts, urged on by our survival instincts to hate the better and most fit.

Regards
DL
Bakhita

Post by Bakhita »

Christians and Muslims aren't immune from irrationality and hate. I would caution against presenting such hatred as "normal", however, as I haven't witnessed it except online by such groups as Westboro baptist (who, in their defense, seem to hate everyone equally).

I would also be careful in attributing anti-Semitism to the New Testament authors, as I notice has been done here, considering that they themselves were Jewish. We see Simon Peter in the Acts desiring to keep the Kosher laws in spite of being a Jesus follower, and the apostle Paul completing a (modified) Nazarite pledge in the same book by shaving his head in fulfillment of a vow. Let's be careful about reaching back into texts to try and "justify" the position of bigots according to their own logic. Something about Friedrich Nietzsche, his sister and the Nazis comes to mind.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Bakhita wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:49 pm
Christians and Muslims aren't immune from irrationality and hate. I would caution against presenting such hatred as "normal", however, as I haven't witnessed it except online by such groups as Westboro baptist (who, in their defense, seem to hate everyone equally).
You may not like my style then as I let my hate for Christianity shine.

Hate is born of love. We we default to love and cooperation instead of competition as it is a better survival tactic. I am to love all women and gays, just as Christians are charged to do, and their homophobia and misogyny, I hate because it is anti the love bias that I have formed.

I hope you hate homophobia and misogyny and are a universalist like we Gnostic Christians.

If not, prepare to be hated.
I would also be careful in attributing anti-Semitism to the New Testament authors, as I notice has been done here, considering that they themselves were Jewish. We see Simon Peter in the Acts desiring to keep the Kosher laws in spite of being a Jesus follower, and the apostle Paul completing a (modified) Nazarite pledge in the same book by shaving his head in fulfillment of a vow. Let's be careful about reaching back into texts to try and "justify" the position of bigots according to their own logic. Something about Friedrich Nietzsche, his sister and the Nazis comes to mind.
Anti-Semitism likely began the moment Christians insulted the Jews by reversing the morals of the elevation of man in Eden, to the fall that Christians changed it into. They also took an androgynous Yahweh and turned him into the 3 headed genocidal p**** that Christians idol worship. Christianity has sure worked hard to keep that anti-Semitism alive and active. Bastards all in the distant past and there are not as many bastard Christians around these days. The more intelligent have learned.

I look forwards to see what your thoughts really are. You seem too bright to have lost your mind to supernatural thinking.

Regards
DL
Bakhita

Post by Bakhita »

I would urge you to change your style, then, as philosophical discussion seems to be hinged on the principle of charity if convincing others is any goal of ours, and being uncharitable makes it difficult not just for another person to want to continue speaking on a subject, but creates an unnecessary stumbling block for a truth-seeking person to overcome before accepting what you've said. It's illogical to refuse assent to a position because the person showing it to you offended you, but people tend to be illogical in the first place. It doesn't seem to be the place of the philosopher to make wisdom more difficult for a person to be able to reach.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Bakhita wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:30 pm I would urge you to change your style, then, as philosophical discussion seems to be hinged on the principle of charity if convincing others is any goal of ours, and being uncharitable makes it difficult not just for another person to want to continue speaking on a subject, but creates an unnecessary stumbling block for a truth-seeking person to overcome before accepting what you've said. It's illogical to refuse assent to a position because the person showing it to you offended you, but people tend to be illogical in the first place. It doesn't seem to be the place of the philosopher to make wisdom more difficult for a person to be able to reach.
I hear you but have seen too many really nice guys be shat on even more than myself.

If It is a seeker who is reading me, he will not likely be offended at an insult against a god, on moral grounds, as he has no horse in that particular race.

If it is an idol worshiper, he is no longer a seeker and if he cannot reason morality and accept a truth, like a genocidal god cannot be a good god, then I do not mind him closing the door on the way out.

The old Cathars and others were considered the only good Christians but that did not stop the inquisitors from decimating them.

Nothing much has changed except they cannot kill me for telling the truth.

All the apologists today seem to be garbage as they just seem to insult everyone who will not go into supernaturalstupid thinking with them.

Regards
DL
Bakhita

Post by Bakhita »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:17 pm I hear you but have seen too many really nice guys be shat on even more than myself.

[...]

All the apologists today seem to be garbage as they just seem to insult everyone who will not go into supernaturalstupid thinking with them.
Concerning 1, doesn't this seem even more reason to change one's approach? If everyone is yelling at or otherwise offending each other, then philosophy has failed.

Concerning 2, doesn't this seem even more reason to change one's approach? If everyone is yelling at or otherwise offending each other, then philosophy has failed.

Nothing good comes out of shouting matches. They encourage people to dig in their heels. Neither can anything good come from insulting or belittling, because it encourages people to dig in their heels. If it's offensive to manners, and a point can be made without causing offense, then we seem to have a responsibility to choose the latter.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Bakhita wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:57 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:17 pm I hear you but have seen too many really nice guys be shat on even more than myself.

[...]

Concerning 1, doesn't this seem even more reason to change one's approach? If everyone is yelling at or otherwise offending each other, then philosophy has failed.
Religion is theology and not philosophy and you might have noted that philosophical discussions usually end in close to the same way.
Concerning 2, doesn't this seem even more reason to change one's approach? If everyone is yelling at or otherwise offending each other, then philosophy has failed.

Nothing good comes out of shouting matches. They encourage people to dig in their heels. Neither can anything good come from insulting or belittling, because it encourages people to dig in their heels. If it's offensive to manners, and a point can be made without causing offense, then we seem to have a responsibility to choose the latter.
I tend to reciprocate and do not raise my voice till the volume coming to me is high

I do not bother hanging around such discussions unless there is half a brain behind that speaks to the issues.

I prefer to have a decent debate or discussion but as I said, the apologists that can give such are getting to be few and far between.

Hell I even have some posters that follow me around and try to discourage others from reading or posting on my posts.

If I irritate such fools that much and cause insecurity I them, it indicates that I might be doing some things right when speaking to the less belligerent and obtuse.

I have made a number of friends over the years, with the attitude you propose for me, and most of them get fed up and tend to leave the sites rather soon.

Perhaps my aptitude is required for the long run and better results are mine when the religious are cursing and swearing at me because they cannot out argue me.

I post more for the lurkers than my obtuse interlocutor.

I do hold back when I think it worth it.

Regards
DL
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Because kristians are morons.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:42 am Because kristians are morons.
Am I? Am I really?

The creator of this thread is a moron. He just as well could have asked: Why do some atheists hate Jews?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:20 pm Jesus was a Jew. Why do some Christians and Muslims hate Jews?
Jews wasn't allowed to own land, so they did banking and trade. Banking was considered sinful back then, and seen as cony behaviour.

Also reading the bible with all their zeal, they were prone for blame for all ills in society.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Because the Jews didn't comply with either Christians or Muslims. Why would they? It was the latter two who borrowed or better stole from the Jews their scripture and adapted it.

It would have been beyond belief had the Jews accepted those inferior versions instead of what they themselves first created. What's so fucked up about these stupid imbecilic religions is whenever some god is invented the inventors feel outraged when their non-existent deity is ignored. They always insist that their lies are the true lies!

The Jews were hated because first and foremost they accepted their own far older and grander myths with its concomitant traditions instead of those belatedly based on the Jewish saga. Christianity and Islam are the deformed children of Judaism.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:42 am Because kristians are morons.
Ktrue.

Regards
DL