Why Jesus didnt convinced the judge?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

HexHammer

Re: Why Jesus didnt convinced the judge?

Post by HexHammer »

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 amWhy Jesus didnt convinced the judge?
He put on a show, he only hung there for less than a day when you LEAST hang there for a week if not months! He did it to fulfil the messianic prophecy that the messiah would raise the 3rd temple in 3 days, which he didn't but only metaphorical, and all stupid, gullible and naive christians fall flat on their faces for this "miracle"!

When he hung on the cross he was offered vinegar laced with sedation drug, so he wouldn't suffer so greatly, then the woman who entered his tomb would have healing salves, food and drink.
His other "miracles" was copied from hindu scriptures and the philosophy from Buddha.
bahman

Post by bahman »

HexHammer wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:18 am
bahman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 amWhy Jesus didnt convinced the judge?
He put on a show, he only hung there for less than a day when you LEAST hang there for a week if not months! He did it to fulfil the messianic prophecy that the messiah would raise the 3rd temple in 3 days, which he didn't but only metaphorical, and all stupid, gullible and naive christians fall flat on their faces for this "miracle"!
More on that, the judge could not punish him to death and keep Him simply in prison so he could falsify His prophecy.
HexHammer wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:18 am When he hung on the cross he was offered vinegar laced with sedation drug, so he wouldn't suffer so greatly, then the woman who entered his tomb would have healing salves, food and drink.
His other "miracles" was copied from hindu scriptures and the philosophy from Buddha.
Interesting to know. By the way, what part of his miracles comes from Hinduism and what part of His philosophy comes from Buhhism?
Bakhita

Post by Bakhita »

bahman wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:01 am
Bakhita wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:56 pm It would have been very odd for him to try and save his life, considering that he'd prophesied his own death before entering Jerusalem.
There is no such a thing as foreknowledge. Since people can always do otherwise.
The gospel accounts seem to indicate otherwise. He told them what would happen when they were outside Jerusalem, Peter didn’t like it and tried to talk Him out of it, and got referred to as Satan for doing so.

The gospels aside, it doesn’t take a prophet to know what will happen to you when you’ve been marked as an enemy by the religious authorities of your time (and no doubt caused some fuss for the occupying army).
Bakhita wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:56 pm As for the phrase, "Why have you forsaken me?", it comes from psalm 22, which opens, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?", alludes to the lots cast for his garments, the piercing of his hands and feet, and concludes with the confidence that he will be triumphant. Very appropriate, considering his subsequent resurrection.
I think he was just left lonely and was desperate.
He certainly didn’t like what was happening, being human (like the rest of us) and all, but He knew that He would die and be raised again (He had spoken of it to the disciples multiple times) and was uttering the psalm to reestablish Himself as the “suffering messiah” who would ultimately be vindicated.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Bakhita wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:48 pm
Bakhita wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:56 pm It would have been very odd for him to try and save his life, considering that he'd prophesied his own death before entering Jerusalem.
There is no such a thing as foreknowledge. Since people can always do otherwise.
The gospel accounts seem to indicate otherwise. He told them what would happen when they were outside Jerusalem, Peter didn’t like it and tried to talk Him out of it, and got referred to as Satan for doing so.
The judge could simply hold Him in prison instead of sentencing Him to death to falsify His prophecy. That is why I think there is no such a thing as foreknowledge.
Bakhita wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:48 pm
Bakhita wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:56 pm As for the phrase, "Why have you forsaken me?", it comes from psalm 22, which opens, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?", alludes to the lots cast for his garments, the piercing of his hands and feet, and concludes with the confidence that he will be triumphant. Very appropriate, considering his subsequent resurrection.
I think he was just left lonely and was desperate.
He certainly didn’t like what was happening, being human (like the rest of us) and all, but He knew that He would die and be raised again (He had spoken of it to the disciples multiple times) and was uttering the psalm to reestablish Himself as the “suffering messiah” who would ultimately be vindicated.
He, in fact, should have liked what was happening to Him. He was releasing humans from sins.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

bahman wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:30 amInteresting to know. By the way, what part of his miracles comes from Hinduism and what part of His philosophy comes from Buhhism?
His healing of the sick, blind, dead etc, water to wine, walking on water ..yadda yadda ..bla bla ...bla!!!
In buddhism you must give up everything for the sake of buddha's teachings, the same in christianity (paraphrased) "you must hate your parents etc and love me"
bahman

Post by bahman »

HexHammer wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:20 pm
bahman wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:30 amInteresting to know. By the way, what part of his miracles comes from Hinduism and what part of His philosophy comes from Buhhism?
His healing of the sick, blind, dead etc, water to wine, walking on water ..yadda yadda ..bla bla ...bla!!!
Could you please provide a reference for this?
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

bahman wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:24 pm Could you please provide a reference for this?
It's been like 5 years since I read up on this, sorry too lazy to do it, but it should be easy to look up on youtube with people that debunks Jesus.
Bakhita

Post by Bakhita »

bahman wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:20 pm The judge could simply hold Him in prison instead of sentencing Him to death to falsify His prophecy. That is why I think there is no such a thing as foreknowledge.
Caesar could have, but Jesus didn't want that. As much as any of us have a bodily aversion to harm, Jesus was willing to endure it for us. "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" comes to mind.

If Jesus would have merely been imprisoned rather than executed, then He would have foretold this as well, if He considered it worth mentioning.
bahman wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:01 am He, in fact, should have liked what was happening to Him. He was releasing humans from sins.
See above. It would have been better to not have needed to do it, but because it was necessary, He was "happy" to do it. But what a shame that man had made it necessary.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Bakhita wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:34 am
bahman wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:20 pm The judge could simply hold Him in prison instead of sentencing Him to death to falsify His prophecy. That is why I think there is no such a thing as foreknowledge.
Caesar could have, but Jesus didn't want that. As much as any of us have a bodily aversion to harm, Jesus was willing to endure it for us. "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" comes to mind.

If Jesus would have merely been imprisoned rather than executed, then He would have foretold this as well, if He considered it worth mentioning.
He would say that He is going to be imprisoned instead of executed if He was foretold. Caesar then would execute Him to show that His prophecy is wrong.
Bakhita

Post by Bakhita »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:52 am

He would say that He is going to be imprisoned instead of executed if He was foretold. Caesar then would execute Him to show that His prophecy is wrong.
But that’s not how it happened, is it? Jesus told His followers what would happen, and although Pilate could have “saved him” (not sure why I said Caesar earlier- the problems of using a phone), Jesus remained silent in front of him in order to avoid being saved, even remaining silent in front of the Sanhedrin when accused of falsehoods, but responding only to that which “condemned Him”.

It doesn’t take the Son of God to know how things will turn out in this circumstance- but He knew it also because of His identity.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 am He could save his life and continue His teaching
why to you assume such?

His fate was sealed when he overturned the money changers tables in the temple.

the romans had no patience for insurrection.

Jesus was dead man walking from that time onward.

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 am instead He preferred not to
??? i don't see him prefering death in Gospel of Mark.
bahman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 am and got hanged on the crosse at the end saying oh God why did You forsaken me?
He said that in Gospel of Mark only.

he did not say that in the other 3 gospels, and instead said other things ("into thy hand a commend myself", "forgiven them for they know not what they do", "it is finished"- not found in Gospel of Mark.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Bakhita wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:46 pm
bahman wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:52 am

But that’s not how it happened, is it? Jesus told His followers what would happen, and although Pilate could have “saved him” (not sure why I said Caesar earlier- the problems of using a phone), Jesus remained silent in front of him in order to avoid being saved, even remaining silent in front of the Sanhedrin when accused of falsehoods, but responding only to that which “condemned Him”.

It doesn’t take the Son of God to know how things will turn out in this circumstance- but He knew it also because of His identity.
My point is that whatever He foretold, the judge could do the opposite in order to falsify His prophecy.
bahman

Post by bahman »

gaffo wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:38 am
bahman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 am He could save his life and continue His teaching
why to you assume such?

So, Jesus being Son of God could not change His fate.
bahman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 am and got hanged on the crosse at the end saying oh God why did You forsaken me?

he did not say that in the other 3 gospels, and instead said other things ("into thy hand a commend myself", "forgiven them for they know not what they do", "it is finished"- not found in Gospel of Mark.
So do you believe in the Gospel of Mark or not?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

bahman wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 am
why to you assume such?

So, Jesus being Son of God could not change His fate.

So do you believe in the Gospel of Mark or not?
thanks for asking (I'm an Atheist who value historical accuracy).

I think there was a good man that live 2000 yrs ago name Joshua but left no written works (may have been illiterate - or not/not important in my mind - he left no written record either way).

per the 4 (5) - Gosp of Peter is the 5th BTW - others wrote for him after his death, of those 5 i affirm the oldest as the most accurate - Mark - as to what Jesus said and did (but noting that even Mark was written 30 yrs after Jesus dead, and its author had an agenda/bias/theme - which may or may not have been the same for the man Jesus's agenda/theme/etc.

I personally value Mark the most of the Gospels because it was written first - so valuing history think it is the most accurate.

thanks for reply!