Why Jesus didnt convinced the judge?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Why Jesus didnt convinced the judge?

Post by bahman »

He could save his life and continue His teaching instead He preferred not to and got hanged on the crosse at the end saying oh God why did You forsaken me?
BardoXV

Re: Why Jesus didnt convinced the judge?

Post by BardoXV »

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 am He could save his life and continue His teaching instead He preferred not to and got hanged on the crosse at the end saying oh God why did You forsaken me?
Jesus had taught all he needed to teach, it was time for him to preform the final act.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:08 am He could save his life and continue His teaching instead He preferred not to and got hanged on the crosse at the end saying oh God why did You forsaken me?
Who is "jesus's" True Judge?

Maybe that Judge is all that was needed to be 'convinced', and had already been?

By the way, who is your Judge?
bahman

Post by bahman »

BardoXV wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:07 pm
Jesus had taught all he needed to teach, it was time for him to preform the final act.
I don't think that He completed His teaching since otherwise there was no need for the church. Also, why He then failed and said that oh God why did you forsaken me? Why did God forsaken Him?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:20 pm
Who is "jesus's" True Judge?
I am talking about the judge who gave the death sentence on the cross. Jesus could simply convince Him by performing miracles.
Age wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:20 pm Maybe that Judge is all that was needed to be 'convinced', and had already been?
So, the judge realized that He is God yet persecuted Him.
Age wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:20 pm By the way, who is your Judge?
Everybody, including myself.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:46 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:20 pm Maybe that Judge is all that was needed to be 'convinced', and had already been?
They feared more for their position than the afterlife, if they believed in the afterlife at all.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

If you include yourself then you have a very harsh judge indeed.
bahman

Post by bahman »

BardoXV wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:39 pm
They feared more for their position than the afterlife, if they believed in the afterlife at all.
That is not really convincing. Someone comes to you and brings enough evidence that He is God. He also warns you of eternal Hell. But you still worry about your position.
bahman

Post by bahman »

BardoXV wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:41 pm
If you include yourself then you have a very harsh judge indeed.
Actually I am quite happy with that. What is frustrating is to let people judge you.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:41 pmAlso, He then said that oh God why did you forsaken me? Why did God forsaken Him?
No, he actually said "...For<fuck>sake God! Where are ya!?..."
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:06 am
bahman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:41 pmAlso, He then said that oh God why did you forsaken me? Why did God forsaken Him?
:mrgreen:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:05 am
In seriousness though, it is one of those 'faith' things. The Christ went around stating have faith, telling people that they lacked faith...and then ironically, lost faith when he was in the greatest agony.
Perhaps the original plan was for him to not sense so much pain prior to popping off, but God being a **** opted to push the limit until Christ capitulated and showed his own lack of faith.

What can I say - and from an ongoing experience - these fuckers like to play sadistic games when it comes to 'faith'.
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:06 am
bahman wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:05 am

In seriousness though, it is one of those 'faith' things. The Christ went around stating have faith, telling people that they lacked faith...and then ironically, lost faith when he was in the greatest agony.
Perhaps the original plan was for him to not sense so much pain prior to popping off, but God being a **** opted to push the limit until Christ capitulated and showed his own lack of faith.

What can I say - and from an ongoing experience - these fuckers like to play sadistic games when it comes to 'faith'.
Very true.
Bakhita

Post by Bakhita »

It would have been very odd for him to try and save his life, considering that he'd prophesied his own death before entering Jerusalem.

As for the phrase, "Why have you forsaken me?", it comes from psalm 22, which opens, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?", alludes to the lots cast for his garments, the piercing of his hands and feet, and concludes with the confidence that he will be triumphant. Very appropriate, considering his subsequent resurrection.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Bakhita wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:56 pm It would have been very odd for him to try and save his life, considering that he'd prophesied his own death before entering Jerusalem.
There is no such a thing as foreknowledge. Since people can always do otherwise.
Bakhita wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:56 pm As for the phrase, "Why have you forsaken me?", it comes from psalm 22, which opens, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?", alludes to the lots cast for his garments, the piercing of his hands and feet, and concludes with the confidence that he will be triumphant. Very appropriate, considering his subsequent resurrection.
I think he was just left lonely and was desperate.