I'm a Theist

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3956
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by attofishpi » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:57 am

BardoXV wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:13 am
attofishpi wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:28 pm
.
So if someone doesn't do it exactly the way you have done it, it doesn't count. LOL. You are laughable.
Usually because I am shitfaced drunk and talk bollocks, so I do under_stand your POV.

I implore you to read every 'poem' and view the gallery of art I have done - it details the anomalies within the English language and upon the planet itself...if you want to converse about the subparticle 'generator' of our REAL_IT_Y - the 3rd party intelligence that is the backbone to reality - then sure, I'll try not to piss it up and get annoyed.


This is me:- www.androcies.com

Ansiktsburk
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 pm
Location: Central Scandinavia

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by Ansiktsburk » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:07 am

bahman wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:55 am
Age wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:05 am
bahman wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:09 pm

What I am arguing is that there should exist a point that the universe didn't exist if you believe in creation.
But I KNOW that the Universe ALWAYS exists and I also KNOW that there is creation. So, to me, there was NO point where the Universe did not exist. Will your so called "argument" be able to counter or override this?
That is contrary (bold part).
You’re playing with fire here, guys. Be careful. I am serious.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 7962
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by Immanuel Can » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Ansiktsburk wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:07 am
You’re playing with fire here, guys. Be careful. I am serious.
That's a curious remark.

What do you mean, A.?

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 6834
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by henry quirk » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:39 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:34 pm
Ansiktsburk wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:07 am
You’re playing with fire here, guys. Be careful. I am serious.
That's a curious remark.

What do you mean, A.?
mebbe A is warning us of a *basilisk

well, I've stared into the gorgon's face

all I saw was a crone with wild hair









*https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLIT_(short_story)

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 7962
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by Immanuel Can » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:01 pm

henry quirk wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:39 pm
all I saw was a crone with wild hair
Attachments
hillary_clinton_PNG35.png
hillary_clinton_PNG35.png (192.25 KiB) Viewed 175 times

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 6834
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by henry quirk » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:53 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:01 pm
henry quirk wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:39 pm
all I saw was a crone with wild hair
:skull:

BardoXV
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:29 pm

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by BardoXV » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:45 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:01 pm
henry quirk wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:39 pm
all I saw was a crone with wild hair
That's her.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by bahman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Age wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:49 am
bahman wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:55 am
Age wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:05 am
But I KNOW that the Universe ALWAYS exists and I also KNOW that there is creation. So, to me, there was NO point where the Universe did not exist. Will your so called "argument" be able to counter or override this?
That is contrary (bold part).
But it is NOT contrary AT ALL. It was written in the specific what for that very specific reason.

Also, if you are going to claim some thing to be true, then I suggest you have first some actual evidence or proof BEFORE you express your claim.

Now, you CLAIM that the bold part is contrary, so what EVIDENCE or PROOF do you have for this CLAIM?

To CLAIM as you have here is to SHOW with PROOF just how CLOSED 'you' really ARE, "bahman".
Do you believe in the eternal past?

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by bahman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:06 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:51 am
bahman wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:43 pm
So there are two ppoints when it comes to the act of creation, one comes after another one. This is a temproal.
Is "zero" a "point"?
Sure it is.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 7962
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by Immanuel Can » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:20 pm

bahman wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:06 pm
Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:51 am
bahman wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:43 pm
So there are two ppoints when it comes to the act of creation, one comes after another one. This is a temproal.
Is "zero" a "point"?
Sure it is.
On a graph on paper? Maybe.

But in time, it's not a point. "At" zero, nothing exists; but you can't really be "at" zero, because it's a concept like infinity, in the sense that neither is a point, and to treat either as such is to misunderstand the concept completely and to create illogic as a consequence.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by bahman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:29 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:20 pm
bahman wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:06 pm
Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:51 am

Is "zero" a "point"?
Sure it is.
On a graph on paper? Maybe.

But in time, it's not a point. "At" zero, nothing exists; but you can't really be "at" zero, because it's a concept like infinity, in the sense that neither is a point, and to treat either as such is to misunderstand the concept completely and to create illogic as a consequence.
Space and time are either continuous or discrete. Either way, they are made of points.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 7962
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by Immanuel Can » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:36 pm

bahman wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:29 pm
Space and time are either continuous or discrete. Either way, they are made of points.
You mean like Xeno thought they were? :wink:

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 3071
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by bahman » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:09 am

Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:36 pm
bahman wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:29 pm
Space and time are either continuous or discrete. Either way, they are made of points.
You mean like Xeno thought they were? :wink:
You are talking about his paradox? If yes, his paradox is resolved.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 6834
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

"his paradox is resolved"

Post by henry quirk » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:13 am

You can't resolve nonsense; you dismantle then discard it.

And, btw: space is analog, not digital...seamless, smooth (mebbe a little lumpy here and there); time is a measure, not a substance or dimension.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 7962
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by Immanuel Can » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:00 am

bahman wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:09 am
Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:36 pm
bahman wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:29 pm
Space and time are either continuous or discrete. Either way, they are made of points.
You mean like Xeno thought they were? :wink:
You are talking about his paradox? If yes, his paradox is resolved.
But the resolution defeats your supposition that a line of motion can be rightly represented as merely discrete...as nothing but a set of points and intervals.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FlashDangerpants and 6 guests