The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8477
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Dontaskme »

Age, no matter what I say to you doesn’t matter anymore because nothing I say ever makes sense anyway, so on that note, I’m out of this discussion, in fact I’m done talking to you ever again period.

You will not get a response from me ever again, besides nothing I say makes sense anyway, and I know that, and I’m ok with that, so I will just continue making no sense, and I am not going to care what other people think or say about my nonsense.
I’m just going to continue talking nonsense because well, that’s what I like to do.

Its always a big mistake when ever I engage talking to others, so I’m going to stop doing that from now on. I know self so I do not have to prove or explain what I know to anyone but myself, and that’s all I’m doing anyway.
Age
Posts: 5024
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:32 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:15 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:31 pm

Yes, that is what I said.


That's right, there is no SELF.
So, to you, there is a self but there is no self, correct?

If this is correct, then will you elaborate on this and explain this so there is NO perceived contradiction anymore?

By the way, it IS very easy to do.
No, I wont explain what you ask me to explain, just as I have never asked you to to explain this. Not that I ever would because I'm simply not interested in another persons explanation of NONDUAL SELF. I already KNOW.
But you KNOW 'nothing'.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:32 pmStop tring to force things to happen, when there is no need for it to happen, THIS behavior is just so disrepectful of you.
So, to you, asking OPEN clarifying questions on a philosophy forum is being disrespectful. Noted. But that will NOT stop me asking you OPEN clarifying questions, to you.

I could say something also, like; NOT being forthcoming in answering OPEN clarifying questions, especially after claiming to KNOW some thing, is "just so disrespectful of you. But I will NOT because of the absurdity, stupidity AND ridiculousness if I did so.

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:32 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:59 pmIF you are NOT informing anyone, then WHY did you ask the question; "How many more times do you want me to inform you ..."?
I didn't ask the question, the questions just appear and no one or thing is making that happen, how many times shall I repeat that to you, will 5500 times more be enough for you before you understand me.
As I said previously you can inform me as many times as you like. But this only detracts from your continually changing and contradicting ways. Seriously EVERY time I challenge, detraction AND contradiction appear. This is because "dontaskme" is the MOST unknowing one I have ever met.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:32 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:59 pmAre you at all aware that most of 'you', human beings, do NOT like to be told things that contradict?
I Couldn't care less mate, I'm well past all that human drama.
LOL I have NEVER met someone so STUCK in humanhood as the ones known as "dontaskme" and "veritas aequtas".

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:32 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:59 pm
Once again, twisted things around, as though that makes things clearer.

The only thing 'you' are really doing is just causing more confusion.
Speak for yourself only. For I am not confused, that you seem to believe I am makes no difference, it's your belief not mine.

.
I do NOT have a BELIEF. And 'you' ask me how many times things have to be repeated.
Age
Posts: 5024
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:20 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:06 pm



But if you want to claim some thing, then do NOT be to surprised to be challenged on it, okay?
How many times do you want me to repeat to you that there is no one or thing making a claim.
This claim now that there is no one or thing making a claim can NOT be backed up NOR supported. Therefore this claim is about as WRONG as one can be.

ANY claim could be claimed an infinite amount of times. But if it can not backed up NOR supported, then it can NOT be backed up NOR supported. If a claim can NOT be backed up NOR supported, then WHY repeat it.

Also, the STUPIDITY of some ONE asking how many times does "another" want the claim, which that ONE IS MAKING, to PROVE that there is NO ONE making a claim is about as STUPID as any thing could get.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:20 pmChallenge all you want, if that's the game you want to play, it's of no interest to me, for I don't have any interest in playing that game, I've kind of moved out of that dull place a long time ago, now all I do is just enjoy talking to myself unchallenged.

.
That is one way of ALWAYS being RIGHT.

Just seems like a contradiction, in and of itself, to come to a philosophy forum and talking but having absolutely NO interest in being challenged.

Seems like a lot of effort and ridiculousness writing here, in a philosophy forum, and replying to words, if one really just enjoys talking to one's own self "unchallenged". From what I can SEE there is a hell of a lot of dishonesty going on here.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8477
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Dontaskme »

No one cares about other people’s opinions, they care only for their own.
Especially when it comes to the actual premise behind the title of this thread.

Debating others is a waste of energy and time, when all ones real aim is to
to attempt to win over the other debater to their side of the argument.

It’s the sickness of the human mind. It’s such a stupid game. One that loves to play. As that is so plainly evidenced. Everyone loves the sound of their own voice including mine.

Just saying...the obvious.
Age
Posts: 5024
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:39 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:06 pm
So, on that note, 'you', the human being known as "dontaskme", is a follower and BELIEVER of the dual life.

Obviously if there is a "my life" and a "your life", which you just stated there IS, then this is in direct contradiction of a 'nondual life and thee nondual Self'.

The One True Self, of which 'you' obviously are NOT, obviously cares about what goes on and in the One and ONLY Life.
There is no such real character as Dontaskme, it's a fiction, so no claimer, nor blamer, no one to claim fame or be blamed for what doesn't exist except as an imagined character.
This is one way to go unchallenged.

Whenever challenged as to why 'you' wrote some thing down, just say there is no (real) thing writing any thing down. Words just magically appear. That way this one could NEVER be questioned over what is written down under the identity to which they answer to.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:39 pmThe ''my life''' and ''your life'' is a conceptual fictional overlaid story upon the nothingness that is the nondual self...how many more times do you want me to inform you of that FACT.
Well that was the words under the name "dontaskme". They certainly were NOT the words under the name "age".

And, IF there is NO self, which you like to say when you are challenged and questioned, then WHY ask how many time 'you' (that self) wants to inform?

Either the 'you' informs using words or there is no 'you' and words just appear.

How could it be that so many times the words under the same label have so many obvious and blatant STUPID, ABSURD and RIDICULOUS contradictions?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:39 pmConceptual AGE, CON ceptual...You cannot CON A CON..STOP bleating on and on and on about nonsense.

Caring just happens, it's what appears to happen all by itself, but it's just that no one or thing is doing the caring, no one cares, ok.

.
Once again, the words under the label "donataskme" are just completely and utterly WRONG. It is just that SIMPLE.
Age
Posts: 5024
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:15 pm
AGE wrote: This is because you HATE being challenged AND questioned.

WHY?

BECAUSE 'you' can NOT back up and substantiate what you claim.
That’s right I can’t.

And thank god I don’t have to.

Go figure...
Who and/or what is this 'God' thing, which is being thanked here?

Sounds like such a relief, for 'you', NOT having to do what is IMPOSSIBLE for you?
Age
Posts: 5024
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:32 pm Age, no matter what I say to you doesn’t matter anymore because nothing I say ever makes sense anyway, so on that note, I’m out of this discussion, in fact I’m done talking to you ever again period.
We will see.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:32 pmYou will not get a response from me ever again, besides nothing I say makes sense anyway, and I know that, and I’m ok with that, so I will just continue making no sense, and I am not going to care what other people think or say about my nonsense.
Sounds like a fair bit of dishonesty here.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:32 pmI’m just going to continue talking nonsense because well, that’s what I like to do.
If that is what you Truly like to do, then enjoy. But I suspect this may NOT be the real Truth of things.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:32 pmIts always a big mistake when ever I engage talking to others,
But you told us you are NOT talking to "others" as it is only the self that is being talked to.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:32 pmso I’m going to stop doing that from now on. I know self so I do not have to prove or explain what I know to anyone but myself, and that’s all I’m doing anyway.
But WHY do it here, in a philosophy forum, with "others"?

By the way WHY is so hard for 'you' to just accept that just maybe there is another way that might be simpler and easier to say what it is that I am 'trying to' say here?

What is it that 'you' fear losing?
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8477
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Dontaskme »

Your replies to me are alien to my own understanding, so I'm telling you now, I do not relate to what is alien to my own understanding so it's goodbye AGE, please show some respect and accept that I have no more desire to engage with what is alien to my own understanding.

.
Age
Posts: 5024
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:48 pm No one cares about other people’s opinions, they care only for their own.
This is NOT true at all.

It only takes one who cares about "other" people's opinions for this claim to be absolutely FALSE.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:48 pmEspecially when it comes to the actual premise behind the title of this thread.
What IS the actual premise behind the title of this thread?

I NEVER did even understand what the title was saying.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:48 pmDebating others is a waste of energy and time, when all ones real aim is to
to attempt to win over the other debater to their side of the argument.
I have been saying this since before I came to this forum.

The whole premise behind 'debating', of picking a side and fighting, "to the death", for that "side" is beyond ridiculousness. Especially considering in Life there is NO "sides".

Also, 'philosophy' itself has NOTHING to do with debating anyway.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:48 pmIt’s the sickness of the human mind.
There is NO human "mind". Debating is just a drawback from a seemingly never changing "education system". Human beings just teach what they were taught, and debating is just another one of those things schooled and which is believed to be a good thing to learn.

Debating is just a learned behavior, and as such it can also just be unlearned.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:48 pmIt’s such a stupid game. One that loves to play. As that is so plainly evidenced. Everyone loves the sound of their own voice including mine.

Just saying...the obvious.
Or, this could be just another one of those tales, which are just believed to be true, but actually are NOT.

Does absolutely EVERY one actually "love" the sound of their own voice?

Or is it just one of those things we are TOLD is true, and so just end up believing it IS true?
Age
Posts: 5024
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:11 pm Your replies to me are alien to my own understanding, so I'm telling you now, I do not relate to what is alien to my own understanding so it's goodbye AGE, please show some respect and accept that I have no more desire to engage with what is alien to my own understanding.

.

I have ALREADY ACCEPTED that you have no more desire, at this moment, to engage with me. But HOW do I, to you, "show some respect"?
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8477
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:14 pm

I have ALREADY ACCEPTED that you have no more desire, at this moment, to engage with me.
Good then stop talking to me.

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:14 pmBut HOW do I, to you, "show some respect"?
You can't show respect, no more than you can show up to your own show, ok, hope that clears this up now, so now can you please go away as I cannot tolerate what is alien to my own understanding.



.
Age
Posts: 5024
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:30 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:14 pm

I have ALREADY ACCEPTED that you have no more desire, at this moment, to engage with me.
Good then stop talking to me.
But that is 'your' desire, not MINE.

And considering that 'you' are a no self, talking to a nondual self, and the nondual Self wants to keep informing that there is a much easier way to explain 'that' what 'you' are 'trying to' explain, then although 'you' want to keep talking but not engage, 'you' unfortunately will HAVE TO engage.

The more that is claimed, which is obviously WRONG, then the more thee nondual Self will inform you of this in Its own way.

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:30 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:14 pmBut HOW do I, to you, "show some respect"?
You can't show respect, no more than you can show up to your own show, ok, hope that clears this up now, so now can you please go away as I cannot tolerate what is alien to my own understanding.



.
So, 'you' say to me, "please show some respect", but when I ask you to clarify how I do this, 'you' then tell me that actually I can NOT do it anyway.

Once again, very contradictory and confusing use of words appear under the label "dontaskme".

There is now no wonder why what is written under other labels appears alien to 'you'. 'you' appear totally confused 'trying to' "justify" those already HELD BELIEFS, any thing else would be even more alien, from that confused perspective.

'you' can NOT even explain your own understanding, so really that is even alien to you. Therefore, understanding any thing else must be even far more alien to that wrong understanding of yours.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8477
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Dontaskme »

The REAL truth about reality is that it is NONDUAL...which means the ''identified self'' the one believed to exist as the name dictates is an illusion.



'' The paradoxes of nondual conversations: articulate contradictions

When we begin to speak from no-mind it is inevitable that paradoxes and contradictions will creep into our conversations. They arise when we describe unconditioned mind with any real accuracy and precision. One of the most obvious paradoxes is that the unconditioned mind is simultaneously something and nothing. It is because it isn’t.

Communicating fluently and naturally in paradoxes is the most difficult aspect to acquire. Somehow we need to make a leap of faith and be willing to articulately contradict ourselves in a totally up-front and confident way. If someone says to us that we’ve just contradicted ourselves we need to be able to say; “Yes, that’s right. I have. Because that is how it is. There’s no other way to accurately describe this state.”

At a certain point we betray the experience of the unconditioned if we aren’t willing to say that the unconditioned mind is because it isn’t; that it’s totally unrelated to our conditioned existence but indistinguishable from it; that it can’t be lost or gained, yet it repeatedly arises and disappears.

India’s most celebrated and “rational” philosopher, Nagarjuna, had no problem speaking paradoxically.
''It is unceasing yet unborn, annihilated yet not permanent, neither coming into or going out (of existence), without distinction, without identity, relatively arisen and free of conceptual constructions.''



When our thoughts are born at the point where the conceptual touches the nonconceptual we are compelled to use paradox, negation and absurdity. It's unavoidable.

.
Age
Posts: 5024
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 am The REAL truth about reality is that it is NONDUAL...
ALREADY KNOWN.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 amwhich means the ''identified self'' the one believed to exist as the name dictates is an illusion.
So WHY do 'you', human beings, believe such things as this?

I have been continuing explaining the stupidity of believing things.

Obviously that little 'self' exists, it just is NOT r
Thee real True Self. When you learn and Know HOW to distinguish between the two, then you will STOP saying some of the completely ridiculous AND contradictory things that you do.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 am'' The paradoxes of nondual conversations: articulate contradictions
But it does NOT have to be this way.

You believing that it has to be this way causes this to happen.

ALL OF THIS can be explained very simply in ways that can be very easily understood.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 amWhen we begin to speak from no-mind it is inevitable that paradoxes and contradictions will creep into our conversations.
In the days of when this is written when 'you', human beings, speak from the thinking, then those contradictions, which are extremely common under the label "dontaskme" do appear. But they do NOT have to when a much better way is used
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 am They arise when we describe unconditioned mind with any real accuracy and precision.
They occur because 'you', human beings, still have a LOT mire to learn and understand about how the Mind and the brain actually work.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 amOne of the most obvious paradoxes is that the unconditioned mind is simultaneously something and nothing. It is because it isn’t.
This is stupidity at its highest level.

You could prove me wrong by explaining what that statement actually means. But you have already confessed in that you know NOTHING.

By the way, when 'you' start using words logically with the right and proper definitions, then EVERY thing becomes very easy and very simple to explain and understand.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 amCommunicating fluently and naturally in paradoxes is the most difficult aspect to acquire.
If this is what you BELIEVE, then this is what WILL BE.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 am Somehow we need to make a leap of faith and be willing to articulately contradict ourselves in a totally up-front and confident way. If someone says to us that we’ve just contradicted ourselves we need to be able to say; “Yes, that’s right. I have. Because that is how it is. There’s no other way to accurately describe this state.”
This is just a "self-justification" for being TOTALLY and UTTERLY CONFUSED.

THERE is a very simple AND very easy way to accurately explain ALL OF THIS.

You are just too CLOSED and too BLIND to SEE IT and LEARN IT
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 amAt a certain point we betray the experience of the unconditioned if we aren’t willing to say that the unconditioned mind is because it isn’t; that it’s totally unrelated to our conditioned existence but indistinguishable from it; that it can’t be lost or gained, yet it repeatedly arises and disappears.
Always being able to distinguish between thee Knowing Mind and the thinking brain is a very simple and very easy thing to do indeed.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 amIndia’s most celebrated and “rational” philosopher, Nagarjuna, had no problem speaking paradoxically.
''It is unceasing yet unborn, annihilated yet not permanent, neither coming into or going out (of existence), without distinction, without identity, relatively arisen and free of conceptual constructions.''
Here is another example of a human being following, praising, and worshipping "another", yet they profess to a nondual life.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:13 amWhen our thoughts are born at the point where the conceptual touches the nonconceptual we are compelled to use paradox, negation and absurdity. It's unavoidable.

.
Lol "self-justification" is a truly amazing thing to observe.

ALL OF THIS can be explained AND understood FULLY in completely noncontradictory ways. Life REALLY IS just, simple AND easy.
Post Reply