The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:49 pmThis does NOT mean that there is NOT a much more clearer, simpler, and easier way than the way 'you' are going now.
I'm simply not interested in whether there is a better, clearer, simpler, easier way of explaining something that I already know to be my truth regarding what is the SELF. I already know what I am talking about, I do not need validation or approval from other sources outside my own knowing of what I already KNOW. And I also know that I am always talking and listening to myself at the same time as and through every other apparent self. BUT I have no interest in bettering the way I discuss what I want to discuss, I simple discuss from what I can know experientially, from my own direct experience. Understanding the SELF is all that matters, words can in no way touch that silent understanding of SELF without distorting it by believing it can be put into words for everyone to understand, this simply is not true. For me, there is no way to deliver understanding of SELF as and through words, as words are only pointers, and not what the actual SELF is.
If you don't like the way I express myself, then go else where for what ever it is you are trying to glean off of others.

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm
Age wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:49 pmThis does NOT mean that there is NOT a much more clearer, simpler, and easier way than the way 'you' are going now.
I'm simply not interested in whether there is a better, clearer, simpler, easier way of explaining something that I already know to be my truth regarding what is the SELF.
This is completely fair enough. Although the amount you put into 'trying to' be heard and understood here, in this forum, supposedly not being interested in a better, clearer, simpler, and easier way of explaining what it is that you want to express seems rather contradictory.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pmI already know what I am talking about, I do not need validation or approval from other sources outside my own knowing of what I already KNOW.
But who has said any thing about 'validation' or 'approval'?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm And I also know that I am always talking and listening to myself at the same time as and through every other apparent self.
Has just knowing that this talking and listening to Its Self is being done helped in being better understood?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm BUT I have no interest in bettering the way I discuss what I want to discuss, I simple discuss from what I can know experientially, from my own direct experience.
'you' NOT being interested in any thing other than what 'you' WANT to SEE and BELIEVE is what I am REVEALING.

NOT being interested in any thing other than what 'you', individual adult human beings, BELIEVE is true is WHY none of you KNOW how to explain what thee True Self is yet, and WHY you will continue on your downward spiral to 'hell'.

When all of 'you', adults, start accepting and taking responsibility, then you will start changing, for the better, and then you will proceed back onto, and up, the Right path in Life.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pmUnderstanding the SELF is all that matters, words can in no way touch that silent understanding of SELF without distorting it by believing it can be put into words for everyone to understand, this simply is not true.
But this can be done very simply and very easily. Words can be used in a way to touch and REVEAL thy True Self. Just because you BELIEVE otherwise, does NOT make it true. The very behavior of you BELIEVING it is not possible is the very thing STOPPING you from discovering, learning, and understanding thee Truth of things.

Also, there is NO one BELIEVING SELF can be put into words for every one to understand.
I just KNOW this is very possible.
If it can be done for one, then it can be done for ALL.
This has been done for one.
Therefore, this can be done for ALL.

If all that matters, as you say, is understanding the SELF, then why do you do not do all it takes to Truly understand thy Self. 'you', "dontaskme", obviously do NOT yet Truly understand. The contradictory nature of your words are living proof and evidence of this.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm For me, there is no way to deliver understanding of SELF as and through words, as words are only pointers, and not what the actual SELF is.
That is for 'you', the one labeled "dontaskme". But for thee True Self there is a way to deliver understanding SELF, and that is very simply through WORDS, as it is through words how 'you', human beings, learn more easier and simply just how you understand.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:00 pm If you don't like the way I express myself, then go else where for what ever it is you are trying to glean off of others.

But it has NEVER been a matter about what I like or dislike about the way 'you' express. From just about the outset with 'you', "dontaskme", I have mostly just been saying to 'you' that there is a much easier and simpler way to explain what it is that 'you' are 'trying to' explain. I have then just awaited your curiosity. Until then your lack of curiosity provides more evidence of how the human brain, through BELIEFS, is NOT open at all to any thing else other than what it ASSUMES and BELIEVES is true.

By the way, other than wanting to learn how to communicate better with 'you', human beings, I am not trying to obtain any information from you. I, however, and using 'you' as evidence to support the information that I will provide. How the brain and the Mind actually work is what I am REVEALING to the readers. Some have caught on to, and have SEEN this, far quicker than "others" do.

By the way, what information do you have, which you believe I am trying to glean off of 'you', human beings?

Did you forget that it is 'I' who is telling you that there is a much better way to explain what it is that you are 'trying to' explain. I have the information, which you are SEEKING, LOOKING FOR, WANTING to obtain. While it is 'you' who has the ability to communicate with "others", which is what I am WANTING to learn how to obtain.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:19 am
By the way, what information do you have, which you believe I am trying to glean off of 'you', human beings?

Did you forget that it is 'I' who is telling you that there is a much better way to explain what it is that you are 'trying to' explain. I have the information, which you are SEEKING, LOOKING FOR, WANTING to obtain. While it is 'you' who has the ability to communicate with "others", which is what I am WANTING to learn how to obtain.
Like I keep saying, I'm not interested in trying to better a way of explaining the SELF. I'm simply writing about the subject because I enjoy doing so. I don't care about having to explain it so that everybody understands it. Because for me, there is nothing to understand about SELF, simply because there isn't one, and that's what I choose to write about.

You said to me..
I am not trying to obtain any information from you.
Well guess what...I'm simply just not into anything you have either. Especially the information that you BELIEVE you think I am looking for which you have clearly stated here..
which you are SEEKING, LOOKING FOR, WANTING to obtain.
So like you, I am not trying to seek, look, or obtain any information from you or anyone else, so why don't you stop trying to ram it down my throat, I'm just not interested ok, why can't you just ACCEPT that?...I'm simply not interested in bettering the way I communicate with myself. It's a stupid pointless futile activity when I already understand myself.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Why post on a public philosophy forum then?

If it's just a cathartic recreational process you could just write it privately.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:19 am Words can be used in a way to touch and REVEAL thy True Self. Just because you BELIEVE otherwise, does NOT make it true. The very behavior of you BELIEVING it is not possible is the very thing STOPPING you from discovering, learning, and understanding thee Truth of things.
I'm talking about the SELF, not things.

There is no learning how to be SELF.

SELF cannot be touched for that would require another.

SELF IS SELF LEARNING...there is no other SELF except as an artificially constructed fictional concept...aka nothingness appearing as something.

Nitpicking, something language is made for. Or, to use someone else's analogy, trying to understand and describe/explain ''Wholeness and What Is'' using language is as futile as trying to connect pieces of paper using a pair of scissors. Language and rationality fundamentally dissects, not connects.

Dying aka not-knowing is unification. Birth aka knowing is illusory separation of unity.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 am Which post on a public forum then?

I am talking to myself, that's why. How many more times do you want me to repeat that to you?

There is only self talking to itself, no matter how that self manifests, be it on a forum format or whatever, it's all the same one self.

Self likes talking to itself, have you noticed? you are doing this action right now with yourself.

You think there is another self apart from you, but only because you believe you are a self, and that is all that is going on here.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 am

If it's just a cathartic recreational process you could just write it privately.
So could everybody else. We can all keep our thoughts to ourself privately, but it takes two to tango, without you there is no me. Without a mirror I have no way of looking at myself.

Do you understand this dual reality?

That's the only thing going on here. It's all part of the game the one plays with itself.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:43 am
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:19 am

Like I keep saying, I'm not interested in trying to better a way of explaining the SELF. I'm simply writing about the subject because I enjoy doing so. I don't care about having to explain it so that everybody understands it. Because for me, there is nothing to understand about SELF, simply because there isn't one, and that's what I choose to write about.
Okay, so there is nothing to say nor talk about in understanding SELF, simply because there is NO SELF, but this does seem to completely contradict what you also do say about "Understanding SELF is all that matters".
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:43 amYou said to me..
I am not trying to obtain any information from you.
Well guess what...I'm simply just not into anything you have either.
If I recall correctly, I have already explained that this is okay. If you do NOT want to learn any thing new, which would help you explain what it is that you are 'trying to' explain, then you do NOT have to. But the offer still stands.

Also, how do you KNOW you are "not into anything" if you have NEVER even heard nor seen it?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:43 amEspecially the information that you BELIEVE you think I am looking for which you have clearly stated here.. which you are SEEKING, LOOKING FOR, WANTING to obtain.
But I do NOT 'believe' any thing.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:43 amSo like you, I am not trying to seek, look, or obtain any information from you or anyone else, so why don't you stop trying to ram it down my throat,
"Ram what down your throat"?

I have only offered help. I have NOT even said any thing, which could even be interpreted as being some thing, which could be "rammed down your throat". This could been seen as rather hypocritical, especially considering how often 'you' tell "others" what is true and what they SHOULD be doing and not doing.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:43 amI'm just not interested ok, why can't you just ACCEPT that?...
I have accepted that. I keep offering 'you' help, here in this forum, to show the readers how 'you', human beings', will NOT look at any thing other than what you ALREADY ASSUME and BELIEVE is true.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:43 amI'm simply not interested in bettering the way I communicate with myself. It's a stupid pointless futile activity when I already understand myself.

LOL

Using the phrase "myself" implies there is some thing that HAS a self, which totally contradicts "your" non dual view of things.

'you', "dontaskme", OBVIOUSLY do NOT already understand self, nor SELF.

To make the claim that you do, but then admit and say; "I just can not explain it", and "that it could NEVER be explained in words", is just a total cop out and just an attempt at "justifying" your own misunderstanding and inabilities.

You can keep claiming you understand, but the Truth speaks for Its Self.

You can keep making the claim, and you can keep 'trying to' "justify" your inability to explain, but WHY make a claim in the first place if you can NOT back it up?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:
I am talking to myself, that's why. How many more times do you want me to repeat that to you?
Do you understand what I mean about the contradictions in your thoughts, as who is this "you" that you are repeating yourself to?
There is only self talking to itself, no matter how that self manifests, be it on a forum format or whatever, it's all the same one self. ...
No idea what you mean by "self" when you use it?
Self likes talking to itself, have you noticed? you are doing this action right now with yourself.
Who is this "you" and "yourself" you keep talking about?
You think there is another self apart from you, but only because you believe you are a self, and that is all that is going on here.
All these "you's"?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:29 am
Okay, so there is nothing to say nor talk about in understanding SELF, simply because there is NO SELF, but this does seem to completely contradict what you also do say about "Understanding SELF is all that matters".
Yes, understanding SELF is all that matters. UNDERSTANDING that there is nothing to understand. Of course the contradiction is there, it's unavoidable when trying to discuss oneness, but you already know this, and yet your refusal to let it go, let it be, is your pedantic nature, so be it.

Nitpicking, something language is made for. Or, to use someone else's analogy, trying to understand and describe/explain ''Wholeness and What Is'' using language is as futile as trying to connect pieces of paper using a pair of scissors. Language and rationality fundamentally dissects, not connects.

Dying aka not-knowing is unification. Birth aka knowing is illusory separation of unity.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:35 am
Do you understand what I mean about the contradictions in your thoughts, as who is this "you" that you are repeating yourself to?
Yeah the contradiction is unavoidable when self keeps reinventing, replicating and artifically inventing more of itself in the form of words.
Arising_uk wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:35 amNo idea what you mean by "self" when you use it?
It's the reference point, like I, or me, or you, or he, or she, you know, that kind of thing.
Arising_uk wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:35 amWho is this "you" and "yourself" you keep talking about?
The 'you' that the no you makes up.
Arising_uk wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:35 amAll these "you's"?
Yeah, the many of the ONE
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:29 am
You can keep claiming you understand, but the Truth speaks for Its Self.
No, truth has no voice, it's silent. Speaking is a fictional story upon silence.
Please try and understand this.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:29 amYou can keep making the claim, and you can keep 'trying to' "justify" your inability to explain, but WHY make a claim in the first place if you can NOT back it up?
That which only appears to make a claim as a claimer would...NEVER makes or made a claim EVER.

You really do not understand what I am trying to say to you, do you.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 am
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:19 am Words can be used in a way to touch and REVEAL thy True Self. Just because you BELIEVE otherwise, does NOT make it true. The very behavior of you BELIEVING it is not possible is the very thing STOPPING you from discovering, learning, and understanding thee Truth of things.
I'm talking about the SELF, not things.
Is that the same SELF, which you say, for you; "there is nothing to understand about SELF, simply because there isn't one"? And yet, is IT the same SELF, which you, "choose to write and talk about"?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 amThere is no learning how to be SELF.
If 'you' say so, and BELIEVE this is true, then that fictional self known as "dontaskme" believes that there is no learning how to be the real True Self. Therefore, "dontaskme" will remain that fictional self, that is; until that body stops breathing and pumping blood.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 amSELF cannot be touched for that would require another.
Yet "dontaskme" is the one who keeps referring to 'you', which obviously requires and infers "another".
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 amSELF IS SELF LEARNING...there is no other SELF except as an artificially constructed fictional concept...aka nothingness appearing as something.
Once again, there is a much simpler, easier, clearer, and thus better way to explain what it is that 'you' are 'trying to' explain here.

Why does thy SELF keep telling thee SELF that there is NO other than SELF? Self would ALREADY KNOWS this, correct?

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 amNitpicking, something language is made for. Or, to use someone else's analogy,
Once again, "dontaskme" writes; "there is NO other SELF" but then contradictory writes; "to use someone "else's" analogy".

How can there be "someone else" if there is no other?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 amtrying to understand and describe/explain ''Wholeness and What Is'' using language is as futile as trying to connect pieces of paper using a pair of scissors.
As long as 'you' keep insisting this is the truth. I will keep informing 'you' that this is NOT thee Truth of things.

Describing, explaining AND understanding 'Wholeness AND what IS' is a very simple and easy exercise, that is; With KNOW-HOW.

I will remind 'you' once again, Just because 'you' BELIEVE some thing is true, does NOT make it true.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 amLanguage and rationality fundamentally dissects, not connects.
Thee Truth IS language CAN dissect, not connect, as well as, language CAN unite AND connect, rather than dissect.

WHY does the one known as "dontaskme" say that language and rationality FUNDAMENTALLY dissects, not connects?

Also, IF this were true, then WHY does "dontaskme" USE language?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:20 amDying aka not-knowing is unification. Birth aka knowing is illusory separation of unity.

There is a HUGE desire in that SELF to be heard AND understood, correct?

Unfortunately though "dontaskme" distorts and disrupts thee actual Truth of things.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:29 amUsing the phrase "myself" implies there is some thing that HAS a self, which totally contradicts "your" non dual view of things.

'you', "dontaskme", OBVIOUSLY do NOT already understand self, nor SELF.
Yes, it's so really funny isn't it how a no self can appear to have a self. It's so unbelievably freaking hilarious, oh my god I can't stop hahahahahahahaha!!

That's the whole point, it's why the Buddha is known to have laughed so hard and long.

You don't need to point out this obvious point out to me over and over again Age, one simply cannot con a con.

I know you like to inform me here that I do not understand SELF, but trust me Age, I DO, I really really really do, and I also understand that I do not need to run that understanding by you first before I can be sure that the understanding is correct or not ok? ...so STOP being a clownshoe, it's starting to wear a little thin on me, so stop wasting your time and mine.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:11 am
There is a HUGE desire in that SELF to be heard AND understood, correct?

No, there's just self talking to itself, appearing to understand or not understand itself. There really is nothing more going on here than that simple apparent two way communication with itself.

It's really really not a big HUGE deal.