Religious Wars are born out of the BELIEF in Separation.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Religious Wars are born out of the BELIEF in Separation.

Post by Dontaskme » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:31 am

The only WAR happening in REALITY is the MIND in which the 'sense of separation' is believed to be real.

Bumper Sticker

Dontaskme

Re: Religious Wars are born out of the BELIEF in Separation.

Post by Dontaskme » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:17 am

Lose ''your'' MIND or die.

''The things you own, end up owning you.''

In the game of boxing with shadows - No one wins.

Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Just "religious wars"...lol?

Wars results from desire.

Desire from an unbalanced mind.

An unbalanced mind is disturbance.

Disturbance is a sense of seperation.

This seperation occurs by what is imprinted on us and how we reform these imprints and project them.

It is a loop.

War is a downward spiral to point 0, where everything rebalances again.

Enlightnement is an upward spiral past these base impressions, again to a point 0.

The problem is good and evil, the dichotomy. All evil is a lesser grade good, thus what we see as evil is fundamentally good seperated.

Having heros means there is seperation, as one must have villains. Noone wants villains.

Get rid of all the "good" causes and evil will diminish.

Get rid of all the clever schemes and plans to control the chaos and chaos will diminish.

Get rid of trying to make the world a better place, and the world will no longer be your enemy.

People tell you not to do what you want assuming we all want to smoke meth, kill old women, and have orgies. We where raised being told we are villians... and we just assume it.

Noone just assumes that the people who commit to these lifestyles (the above examples are extremes) are not happy.

Noone is content when on drugs, they do it to kill the pain.
Noone is content with murder and war, they do it to kill the pain.
Noone is content with sleeping with multiple people, they do it to kill the pain.

And why all the pain? Made up illusions about what the world should or should not be. We call these illusions Gods. And these gods? They are stories we mold our behaviors too, and further believe when these stories reciprocate some internal desire when we embody them.

Everyone desires to be the hero or the good guy.

We have too many good guys...that is the problem. It isn't the drug addicts or the murders or the prostitutes, the good guys created all of these.

Holy people create demons.

Spyrith

Post by Spyrith » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:16 am

Is a religion ever separate from true political power? I doubt. Especially in pre-modern times, religion was used to grant legitimacy to rulers ("I, the Pope, say that this man was chosen by God to lead X country"). Thus, politicians used religion to answer a burning question from the people they ruled over: "Why should I listen to you?" "Because God chose me to lead you, sheep of the Lord."

Religious wars were about religion only at surface level. Pierce through this thin veil of "religion", and religious wars were fought the same causes wars were always fought over: power, money, land, taxes, serfs, survival etc.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:46 am

Spyrith wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:16 am
Is a religion ever separate from true political power? I doubt. Especially in pre-modern times, religion was used to grant legitimacy to rulers ("I, the Pope, say that this man was chosen by God to lead X country"). Thus, politicians used religion to answer a burning question from the people they ruled over: "Why should I listen to you?" "Because God chose me to lead you, sheep of the Lord."

Religious wars were about religion only at surface level. Pierce through this thin veil of "religion", and religious wars were fought the same causes wars were always fought over: power, money, land, taxes, serfs, survival etc.
OK, lets forget for a minute about religious ideas or the idea that I am this body here separate from that body there, all of which are just random thoughts roaming around inside the human primates brain anyway. Thoughts can only add up to whatever the brain thinking them is making them out to be, their reality can't exist independent of that brain. So how does a fleshy pink and grey slime ball generate a whole living external world? and who's going to find out or know how this external world appears or happens at all, other than the fleshy thing itself? Asking the brain all manner of questions will generate a whole plethora of answers to questions as knowledge....except the actual origin of the questioner. The questioner, who or what is that? ..it's only existence is in the very knowledge it generates within the demand for that man-made knowledge. There is no knowledge of original origins of any thing. Only ignorance is original. Everything else is heresay or dogma.

So what if we just drop all our dogma about our personal God's and whatnots about what we believe and think is reality. Surely by being dogmatic, we become like a dictator, wanting everyone to accept what we say, believing that we have the truth and that whoever doesn't agree with us is our enemy. Surely it's all this dogmatic belief that creates war, conflict, and discrimination. Most wars have been born from fanaticism, being caught in religion or ideologies, but what if that's just all part of the nature of what IS?

Nature, if we are totally honest with ourselves is pretty brutal. Animals get eaten alive on a routine basis. Life for animals is gruesome and a horrible daily battle to survive. Maybe it's the same reality for humans, maybe we're all fighting an inner war with others just for our own survival purpose.
And it's worse for the human because each human has it's own separate mind unique to it and so therefore has different ideas about itself and how it sees reality, which makes reality even more complicated for human survival. It's a wonder humans even function together at all considering each has their own mind made up about all matters that concern them uniquely and individually.

What if there really is no God, and that life is just some random one in a trillion happenstance event that means absolutely nothing within the grand scheme of eternity? What if every ''human idea'' about what is God was ABSOLUTELY WRONG....Are we just obliged to go along believing everything and every one's opinion on what they say to be truth to be actually true. Are we just expected to believe that nature is a beautiful thing. Yes, nature does appear to be an awesome spectacular event, but it's also horrific and terrible at the same time. Just because all the animals look alike and act alike, doesn't mean they don't feel the same physical and emotional terrors that we would feel if we were in their natural situation. Perhaps we are in their situation, in that we JUST LIVE SUPERFICIAL LIVES, but under the surface level of our consciousness, there's just this constant battle for survival like every other living thing on this planet fighting each other for their own selfish survival. What if there is no real harmony and balance, what if reality is totally neutral on all things regarded as being purposeful and meaningful, and that there is never going to be a God who can intervene and change the course of what REAL nature IS in essence. What if God is just one big giant 'thought' and that all other 'thoughts' proceed from that ONE original THOUGHT?

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:25 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:31 am
The only WAR happening in REALITY is the MIND in which the 'sense of separation' is believed to be real.
Why WOULD I ASK YOU about ANYTHING Dontaskme?

You summed up what you are by your pseudonym you pathetic exception for intelligence!!!

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:48 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:25 am
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:31 am
Why WOULD I ASK YOU about ANYTHING Dontaskme?
You cannot ask any thing except the one who wants to know the answer to that one's question. Notice to ask a question is to turn the verb reality into noun reality, where the one reality becomes split into knower and known.

Dontaskme is an idea in you there that believes exists outside of you separately, either, or, you are responding to knowledge that you are reading on a forum appearing as words on a computer screen...but believed to have come from another source separate from you there. Knowledge in the form of information is an idea informing the illusory nature of a knower, in that the knower can only be known in the known, not the knower itself. You are only ever reacting to a mirror image of your own self appearing in the form of words, as complicated as that might sound or be for you to understand.
attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:25 am
You summed up what you are by your pseudonym you pathetic exception for intelligence!!!
Intelligence has nothing to do with human intellect, for one very good reason. Knowledge informs the illusory nature of reality. Conceptual knowns know nothing, they only think they do, it's all part of the same delusion we all fall for hook line and sinker.

Philosophy requires fancy words,otherwise it remains commonsense. May as well not philosophize if you don't use technical language. A need that doesn't need to be.

I am the last idiot.

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:10 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:48 am
I am the last idiot.

Ok. So i agree. Fool Stop...please.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:14 pm

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:10 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:48 am
I am the last idiot.

You only stop when you stop.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:32 pm

It takes a certain amount of intelligence to be capable of such stupidity as believing in religion, or the sanctity of life. An ape, a mouse or a cat is incapable of such stupidity.

God has left the building,slipped on his banana skin, he's down and out of here, basically has been there, done that and bought the T shirt. What IS now is a replay of what's already happened.

Human apes are the story tellers of what's already happened, thanks to their vocabulary. The idea that people are religious because they are stupid or have a brain defect is a modern fairy tale of illusory knowledge.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Uncle Albert.

nothing

Post by nothing » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:32 am

It takes a "believer" to "believe" evil is good.
There is another tree: knowing any/all *not* to "believe".

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:44 am

nothing wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:32 am
It takes a "believer" to "believe" evil is good.
There is another tree: knowing any/all *not* to "believe".
There is no believer without the belief.

There is no thinker without the thought.

There is no other without a counter.

Reality is a verb. Reality is one.

Dachshund

Post by Dachshund » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:12 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:46 am

Perhaps we are in their situation, in that we JUST LIVE SUPERFICIAL LIVES, but under the surface level of our consciousness, there's just this constant battle for survival like every other living thing on this planet fighting each other for their own selfish survival.

You claim to know what is "under the surface level of our consciousness".

We (the scientific community) know that human consciousness EXISTS. FACT.

But no one on planet Earth at this moment knows ANTHING AT ALL about the nature of human consciousness, in the sense, for example, of what kind of "STUFF" is consists of (if it does consist of a "STUFF" as such).

You apparently do.

Well, done !! So, could you please tell me what consciousness actually IS ?

Thanks,

Dachshund (Der Uberweiner)

Dachshund

Post by Dachshund » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:14 am

attofishpi wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:10 pm

[/quote]

Snoopy Dog,

You shouldn't encourage this girl, she's a bit of a nutter.

Regard

Dachshund (Der Uberweiner)

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:23 am

Dachshund wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:12 am
You claim to know what is "under the surface level of our consciousness".
I don't actually know anything, except what I make-up using my mind ( 'my mind' being what 'I think' to be the thought processing mechanism that is 'my brain' )

The fact that I can experience by relating to these 'thoughts' means I must already have to exist prior to what 'my thoughts' are informing me. Therefore, I already possess the capacity to make-up my reality as I think it to be, I do this verbally, and as each concept arises manifested as sound heard as words within my being I automatically know each and every concept since I am the one those concepts are appearing in. This is not rocket science.

That I already AM means my already existing MUTE state of existence must be prior to any knowledge I happen to impose upon the MUTE. And so with that realisation I have come to the knowledge that all knowledge is born of the mind, in other words only the mind is born not I - The mind being an illusory appearance within what I already AM

If you don't like what I personally understand then I don't give a fuck. Science won't tell me what I already know within my own being.. In a nutshell I can pretty much think for myself, and that is a FACT thank-you very much.
Dachshund wrote:
We (the scientific community) know that human consciousness EXISTS. FACT.
Yes, consciousness exists.
Dachshund wrote:
But no one on planet Earth at this moment knows ANTHING AT ALL about the nature of human consciousness, in the sense, for example, of what kind of "STUFF" is consists of (if it does consist of a "STUFF" as such).

You apparently do.
So, could you please tell me what consciousness actually IS ?

Consciousness IS

That's what it is.

IS that not enough for you ? :shock: