Let's talk about GOD!!

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Let's talk about GOD!!

Post by Dontaskme »

I.C. You go first.

I started the thread :wink:

All who are interested in this subject are welcome to join in the discussion.

Have fun, even if that means playing this chess board game like a pigeon. Everything is welcome, nothing is rejected.

Dontaskme

Re: Let's talk about GOD!!

Post by Dontaskme »

From the internet ...

The philosopher Michel Henry defines God from a phenomenological point of view. He says: "God is Life, he is the essence of Life, or, if we prefer, the essence of Life is God. Saying this we already know what is God the father the almighty, creator of heaven and earth, we know it not by the effect of a learning or of some knowledge, we don’t know it by the thought, on the background of the truth of the world; we know it and we can know it only in and by the Life itself. We can know it only in God."

This Life is not biological life defined by objective and exterior properties, nor an abstract and empty philosophical concept, but the absolute phenomenological life, a radically immanent life that possesses in it the power of showing itself in itself without distance, a life that reveals permanently itself.

Process philosophy and open theism.
Process theology and Open theism.
Process theology is a school of thought influenced by the metaphysical process philosophy of Alfred North Whitehead (1861–1947), while open theism is a similar theological movement that began in the 1990s.

In both views, God is not omnipotent in the classical sense of a coercive being. Reality is not made up of material substances that endure through time, but serially-ordered events, which are experiential in nature. The universe is characterized by process and change carried out by the agents of free will. Self-determination characterizes everything in the universe, not just human beings. God and creatures co-create. God cannot force anything to happen, but rather only influence the exercise of this universal free will by offering possibilities. Process theology is compatible with panentheism, the concept that God contains the universe (pantheism) but also transcends it. God as the ultimate logician - God may be defined as the only entity, by definition, possessing the ability to reduce an infinite number of logical equations having an infinite number of variables and an infinite number of states to minimum form instantaneously.

Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:52 pm From the internet ...

The philosopher Michel Henry defines God from a phenomenological point of view....
I'm here.

What was the question?

Are we continuing from the "Does God have a gender" conversation, or now debating Open Theism, or Phenomenology, or going a different way?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I.C

I think i know why you see God as a HE
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:51 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:52 pm From the internet ...

The philosopher Michel Henry defines God from a phenomenological point of view....
I'm here.

What was the question?

Are we continuing from the "Does God have a gender" conversation, or now debating Open Theism, or Phenomenology, or going a different way?
There's no particular way to go but every which way you want in the moment, just say whatever and how ever it comes, what ever is on your mind...I was just posting those articles for no particular reason.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:52 pm I.C

Is god a he IC because it's the He that sires, in the sense of desires? in the sense that the desire for itself to be? like make myself happen, manifest?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

And that is...?

But I'll tell you the answer. It's very straightforward.

The Biblical God is revealed, both in Torah and by Jesus Christ Himself, as "He," and as "God the Father." Male predications and pronouns are associated with Him throughout the Bible, in fact. There are a few feminine predications made of God, like "as a hen gathers her chicks," with reference to how God seeks to embrace Israel, and other nurturing imagery of this kind, which shows that God does not despise the feminine achievements. But personally, God is always associated with the masculine, the powerful, the energetic, the generative, and the stronger position relative to the human race and to Israel, which is almost always associated with feminine imagery.

And this makes sense -- at least if you're prepared to consider the idea of God at all. Biblically, God is the initiator, the powerful One, the ruler, the Generator of all things. Human creativity, by contrast is less powerful, derivative, responsive, and feminine. Israel is feminine. The Church is feminine. The human race's position, relative to God, is feminine. The soul is feminine.

Gender is a theological issue. The value of both genders is Scripturally taught. But gender-parity or gender-equivalency are not. And God, for reasons He alone can fully explain, chooses to associate Himself with the imagery of the masculine, not the feminine.

So to get this wrong is to fail to know God on one of the fundamental terms He has chosen. It's to defy His reality. It's also to deny one's own essential nature, respective to God. It's to be wrong, and wrong in the most important kind of way.

It's to get both our role and His wrong.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:15 pm Is god a he IC because it's the He that sires,...
Stop there. Hold that thought. It's right on.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:23 pm

And that is...?

But I'll tell you the answer. It's very straightforward.

The Biblical God is revealed, both in Torah and by Jesus Christ Himself, as "He," and as "God the Father." Male predications and pronouns are associated with Him throughout the Bible, in fact. There are a few feminine predications made of God, like "as a hen gathers her chicks," with reference to how God seeks to embrace Israel, and other nurturing imagery of this kind, which shows that God does not despise the feminine achievements. But personally, God is always associated with the masculine, the powerful, the energetic, the generative, and the stronger position relative to the human race and to Israel, which is almost always associated with feminine imagery.

And this makes sense -- at least if you're prepared to consider the idea of God at all. Biblically, God is the initiator, the powerful One, the ruler, the Generator of all things. Human creativity, by contrast is less powerful, derivative, responsive, and feminine. Israel is feminine. The Church is feminine. The human race's position, relative to God, is feminine. The soul is feminine.

Gender is a theological issue. The value of both genders is Scripturally taught. But gender-parity or gender-equivalency are not. And God, for reasons He alone can fully explain, chooses to associate Himself with the imagery of the masculine, not the feminine.

So to get this wrong is to fail to know God on one of the fundamental terms He has chosen. It's to defy His reality. It's also to deny one's own essential nature, respective to God. It's to be wrong, and wrong in the most important kind of way.

It's to get both our role and His wrong.
COULD IT BE POSSIBLE, that the men who wrote the bible mistook God's word?

Is it possible that human beings have mistaken or misinterpreted God's word?

When you answer these two Honestly, then I will explain WHY what you wrote COULD BE actually 100% True and Right.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:24 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:15 pm Is god a he IC because it's the He that sires,...
Stop there. Hold that thought. It's right on.
Thank you IC

And thank you for the above response as well. I have to go now, but I'm pleased you have shown up today. I will read through everything and report back tomorrow..bye for now.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:35 pm Let's Talk About Sex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydrtF45-y-g
That's funny, I was just singing the same song earlier today...LOL :D
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:36 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:35 pm Let's Talk About Sex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydrtF45-y-g
That's funny, I was just singing the same song earlier today...LOL :D
Mmm, must have been bouncing around in your head when you coined this thread!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Um, God is not what the Pastor said 'he' is. In fact the pastor is a sap. PASTOR - ROTSAP

The past or what?

Become a prophet and profit from the sheeple.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:34 pmWhen you answer these two Honestly, then I will explain WHY what you wrote COULD BE actually 100% True and Right.
Je-sus you really think you having something over everyone else on the forum don't you.