Can good God do evil?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Can good God do evil?

Post by Greatest I am »

Age wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:50 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:59 pm
Age wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:16 am [

Do you have any examples of the 'evil' things that you do?
These days, I only do good as I am out of the survival game.
That is one pretty HUGE claim to make.

To only ever do good, some might suggest infers that you are somewhat God-like.

Also, to say that one is "out of the survival game", then makes me wonder; HOW they are then still here, surviving?

If you are, as you say, "out of this game", then WHY are you still here?
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:59 pmChristians will not agree given that what they see is hate in me. Then again, they call evil good and good evil.
Is that what christians really do? Are you at all able to define what these 'christian' things are exactly?
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:59 pmAs a Gnostic Christian,
Also, what is a 'gnostic christian' thing EXACTLY?
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:59 pmI believe the intelligentsia who say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Regards
DL
I wonder who else finds it completely and utterly hilarious how often it is always the, so called, "intelligentsia" are the ones who just happen to, coincidentally, agree with and believe the same thing, as the one who is calling them "the intelligentsia"?
You do not give a lot to reply to on the issues at hand.

"Is that what Christians really do? Are you at all able to define what these 'Christian' things are exactly?"

Yes. A genocidal god who can kill when he could just as easily cure is an evil god, yet Christians call such a vile p**** god.
They are calling evil good.

As to Gnostic Christianity, it is a religion based on free thinking and perpetually seeking god so as to not become idol worshipers like Christians and Muslims are.

Think of us as close to Buddhists who put man above god, given that we have created all the gods.

Regards
DL

Post by Age »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:03 pm
Age wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:50 am
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:59 pm

These days, I only do good as I am out of the survival game.
That is one pretty HUGE claim to make.

To only ever do good, some might suggest infers that you are somewhat God-like.

Also, to say that one is "out of the survival game", then makes me wonder; HOW they are then still here, surviving?

If you are, as you say, "out of this game", then WHY are you still here?
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:59 pmChristians will not agree given that what they see is hate in me. Then again, they call evil good and good evil.
Is that what christians really do? Are you at all able to define what these 'christian' things are exactly?
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:59 pmAs a Gnostic Christian,
Also, what is a 'gnostic christian' thing EXACTLY?
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:59 pmI believe the intelligentsia who say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Regards
DL
I wonder who else finds it completely and utterly hilarious how often it is always the, so called, "intelligentsia" are the ones who just happen to, coincidentally, agree with and believe the same thing, as the one who is calling them "the intelligentsia"?
You do not give a lot to reply to on the issues at hand.
Do you want more?

If yes, the problem is that you want to express your BELIEFS only.

Also, I only give the questions that I want clarified, from the responses that you have GIVEN, "at hand".
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:03 pm"Is that what Christians really do? Are you at all able to define what these 'Christian' things are exactly?"

Yes. A genocidal god who can kill when he could just as easily cure is an evil god, yet Christians call such a vile p**** god.
I think you missed, or misunderstood, my question here completely.

I am asking you what is YOUR definition for 'christian', but you have just more or less repeated what you have said previously.

If the above is what you believe, then so be it. But it in NO way answers my clarifying question posed to you.

Also, WHY do you still call 'God' a "he"?

And, if I recall correctly I ask you before about WHO do you want to be cured, et cetera? And if I recall correctly, you did NOT answer those questions as well.
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:03 pmThey are calling evil good.
How do you define the word 'evil' here?
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:03 pmAs to Gnostic Christianity, it is a religion based on free thinking and perpetually seeking god so as to not become idol worshipers like Christians and Muslims are.

Think of us as close to Buddhists who put man above god, given that we have created all the gods.

Regards
DL
So, IF 'you', human beings, created ALL of the Gods, then why are you "perpetually seeking God"?

If 'you' created some thing and are perpetually seeking it, does that mean you just forgot where you put it, or have you lost it somewhere but you can not recall where exactly? Or, is there some thing else going on here?

Also, WHY do 'you', human beings, perpetually give yourselves these ridiculous names like "buddhists", "christians", "muslims", "gnostic christians", et cetera, et cetera, et cetera?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Age wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:25 pm
If yes, the problem is that you want to express your BELIEFS only.
Why would I want to express the beliefs of others?

Do you speak for others or for yourself?

This kind of inane reply is why I end in ignoring most of your comments that do not deserve to be put.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

I think you missed, or misunderstood, my question here completely.

I am asking you what is YOUR definition for 'christian', but you have just more or less repeated what you have said previously.

If the above is what you believe, then so be it. But it in NO way answers my clarifying question posed to you.

Also, WHY do you still call 'God' a "he"?
Because we are talking Yahweh and Christians see that p**** as a male.

They ignore that to Jews, Yahweh is an androgynous god.

I see this question as inane as well.

The dictionary definition of Christian will suffice as I offer no new definition.

Again, an inane question.

Short form. Christ designates an anointed King of Jews. Jesus was never anointed so the label Christians put on him is wrong..

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:03 pmAs to Gnostic Christianity, it is a religion based on free thinking and perpetually seeking god so as to not become idol worshipers like Christians and Muslims are.

Regards
DL
So, IF 'you', human beings, created ALL of the Gods, then why are you "perpetually seeking God"?

If 'you' created some thing and are perpetually seeking it, does that mean you just forgot where you put it, or have you lost it somewhere but you can not recall where exactly? Or, is there some thing else going on here?

Also, WHY do 'you', human beings, perpetually give yourselves these ridiculous names like "buddhists", "christians", "muslims", "gnostic christians", et cetera, et cetera, et cetera?
If you want a definition for evil, open your dictionary.

Stop with the inane requests. I have a life other than you.

To your last. Why do people name themselves anything?
Answer that and see how easy it was for you to answer your own inane question?

To your first.
We are perpetual seekers of god. God defined as the best rules and laws to live life by, as we hold no supernatural beliefs.
Laws are more important than any supernatural god. Note that Moses came down the mountain with laws and not a god.

We hold the best god/rules but do not idol worship them as when we create our bias for a best law, we also raise the bar of excellence and keep seeking better.

Not seeking better is how Christians and Muslims have ended with such barbaric and out of touch ideologies. They did not evolve as Gnostic Christians have.

They have inferior ideologies as compared to Gnostic Christian thinking.

Regards
DL
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

My guess would be no, but that it would be more of a logical limitation.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:14 pm My guess would be no, but that it would be more of a logical limitation.
Let's look at a couple of things god did.

Do you see genocide and infanticide as evil or can it be good?

Regards
DL
bahman

Post by bahman »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:14 pm My guess would be no, but that it would be more of a logical limitation.
I agree with you.

Post by Age »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:30 pm

Regards
DL

If you want a definition for evil, open your dictionary.

Stop with the inane requests. I have a life other than you.
So we have another example of a human being using words and talking like they know what they are talking about, yet when asked to clarify what the words mean that they use, they are incapable of doing so.
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:30 pmTo your last. Why do people name themselves anything?
Answer that and see how easy it was for you to answer your own inane question?
The reason you could not and thus would not provide an answer is because it is, in fact, an impossibility to do and get it true and right.
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:30 pmTo your first.
We are perpetual seekers of god.
You might be, but I am NOT.
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:30 pmGod defined as the best rules and laws to live life by, as we hold no supernatural beliefs.
Laws are more important than any supernatural god. Note that Moses came down the mountain with laws and not a god.

We hold the best god/rules but do not idol worship them as when we create our bias for a best law, we also raise the bar of excellence and keep seeking better.

Not seeking better is how Christians and Muslims have ended with such barbaric and out of touch ideologies. They did not evolve as Gnostic Christians have.

They have inferior ideologies as compared to Gnostic Christian thinking.

Regards
DL
So, more or less, your chosen following is the superior one as all the other ones are inferior. Therefore, to you, EVERY one should become a 'gnostic christian', (whatever that actually means because you are incapable of defining it yourself).

The reason I ask, to you, "inane" questions is to see how much you actually do and do not know about what you talk about.

Post by Age »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:41 pm

Regards
DL
It seems you are still stuck on this and can not move past it.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Thanks for the chat.

Regards
DL
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Regards
DL
Man, talking to you always feels like a time travel back to 2014 when there used to be a lot of atheists on internet forums who would make the same points over and over again, talking about how evil god is, or how bad of a creator god must be.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:25 am

Regards
DL
Man, talking to you always feels like a time travel back to 2014 when there used to be a lot of atheists on internet forums who would make the same points over and over again, talking about how evil god is, or how bad of a creator god must be.
You prefer liars with satanic morals?

You prefer a bunch of Christians who do not know good from evil and call a genocidal p**** a good god?

Or what?

If you do not address religious issues, like talking about how evil god is, or how bad of a creator god must be, in the religious issue part of the forum, direct us please.

I am easy. I am not cheap.

Regards
DL