The Sage View of Islam

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

The Sage View of Islam

Post by Dontaskme »

Rumi, asserted the supremacy of Islam by stating-

"The Light of Muhammad has become a thousand branches (of knowledge), a thousand, so that both this world and the next have been seized from end to end. If Muhammad rips the veil open from a single such branch, thousands of monks and priests will tear the string of false belief from around their waists."

According to the people who have given him recognition and the fact about how people around the world love Rumi’s work, Rumi is regarded as a great ethical philosopher and a renowned poet irrespective of religion.

Majority of Muslims regard him as a learned scholar who doesn’t offend Islam but is not also confined only to the boundaries of Islam. He believes in Muhhamad-

I "sewed" my two eyes shut from [desires for] this world and the next – this I learned from Muhammad.

but also believes that faith cannot be confined into limits of one religion.

Source of above knowledge - Quora...the visible thoughts of the invisible...Aka the Innernet made visible.
The net of I - not this not that, both and yet neither.

Dontaskme

Re: The Sage View of Islam

Post by Dontaskme »

There is no self, there is no I, there is no spirit, there is no soul, and there is no mind.

Except in this conception as believed. To believe requires a believer, be careful what you dream for, it might just come true.

Thought is your enemy.

Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Rumi is a Sufi.
Sufis are regarded as heretics by mainstream Islamic schools.
As per the Quran - the core of Islam, the Sufis do not qualify fully as Muslims.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Sufism-con ... -it-really

This is why Sufis are often killed and persecuted by other Muslims.

I agree the Sufis practice a higher form of spirituality relatively, but not of Islam itself.
They do that as wiser human beings and not being more Muslim in accordance to the words of Allah in the Quran.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:49 am Rumi is a Sufi.
As per the Quran - the core of Islam, the Sufis do not qualify fully as Muslims.

I agree the Sufis practice a higher form of spirituality relatively, but not of Islam itself.
They do that as wiser human beings and not being more Muslim in accordance to the words of Allah in the Quran.
I suppose poking your own eye out is 'high spirituality'.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:49 am Rumi is a Sufi.

So! :roll: What difference does it make what the mind wants to call itself - it's all the same drag queen (slang for mind) parading around in different suits suiting itself in a selfish kind of way like it thinks it owns the place.

Any thing with a mind will invent a story about itself since in reality the mind is not a thing. What can the mind do with no thing?
It'll just make things up as it goes along, constantly adding more and more ideas and stashing them away in it's slimely archive of a prison cell of it's own making, more and more ideas join the mix. The mind is like an endless well of every concoction imagined to be. It's a huge cauldron (cesspool ) of alphabetti soup with onions. Opinions are like A holes, every one has one and they all stink including mine. It's a hot soup that everyone feeds from, some enjoy it, for others it's not to their taste. Each to their own imagined self serving self, for whatever flavor suits the mind of thought, that too will be added into the mix. It's what the mind does.

Heretics / Christians / Hindus /Muslims / Sufis / human beings / Allah / God / Uncle Mo ham add.

It's all the same shit.