So what's not to like

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: So what's not to like

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing wrote
Look at how many Christians today hold up and glorify leaders -- "seeing"/imagining only what they want to see (what serves their stories) despite so much to the contrary that is right in front of them which they refuse to acknowledge. It is a relentlessly controlling state of mind -- which seems to show one extreme to which humans can create and go. Many appear to be profoundly intoxicated and rigid from it -- especially when they cannot even consider or acknowledge other/broader truths, which should be completely obvious/visible to anyone. Fascinating what humans can and will do.
With just one correction this post would be meaningful. But representatives of the Great Beast will never allow it. These beast masters will fight to the death to protect themselves from reality.

Look at how many Progressives today hold up and glorify leaders -- "seeing"/imagining only what they want to see (what serves their stories) despite so much to the contrary that is right in front of them which they refuse to acknowledge. It is a relentlessly controlling state of mind -- which seems to show one extreme to which humans can create and go. Many appear to be profoundly intoxicated and rigid from it -- especially when they cannot even consider or acknowledge other/broader truths, which should be completely obvious/visible to anyone. Fascinating what humans can and will do.

Amazing the importance of one word.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:21 am
Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:17 pm
Look at how many Christians today hold up and glorify leaders -- "seeing"/imagining only what they want to see (what serves their stories) despite so much to the contrary that is right in front of them which they refuse to acknowledge. It is a relentlessly controlling state of mind -- which seems to show one extreme to which humans can create and go. Many appear to be profoundly intoxicated and rigid from it -- especially when they cannot even consider or acknowledge other/broader truths, which should be completely obvious/visible to anyone. Fascinating what humans can and will do.
I agree Lacy.

The mind will conjure up just about any story it can possibly imagine just to give it's imagined self some kind of autonomous identity, else what can the mind do with nothing? :) answer is nothing, because it is the nothing that is conjuring everything into existence.
This is why I think the ego is such a manipulative little devil. People can easily be persuaded to serve their egos. Some amount of ego and sense of a "self" is required for this experience/illusion/creation... otherwise, (it seems) we'd just be sitting and watching it without participating enthusiastically. But too much ego and attachment to identity takes a person deep into delusion, and then they must distort everything more and more to keep up the ever-leaning top-heavy charade/tower of separateness. I think it makes people stupid and dangerous.

If a person can find a balance between simply observing life... and the other extreme of drowning in perpetually-maintained delusion... then that's a sweet spot, I think, for enjoying this life creatively without being completely convinced and driven by it. It becomes interactive, continually evolving/expanding entertainment rather than some kind of perceived entrapment.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

David Smudge wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:41 pm Jesus _ So what's not to like?
The most hated of all the mechanical devices is the alarm clock. It is jumped on, stamped, thrown against the wall and cursed out in all languages. Yet it is compelled to participate in its necessary function of waking you up,

That is why Jesus must be hated as well as all those who have experienced a bit of what it means to awaken. Of course false teachers will be praised while Christians must be hated and even killed. The awakening influence is intolerable for a world hating alarm clocks.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:08 pm The most hated of all the mechanical devices is the alarm clock. It is jumped on, stamped, thrown against the wall and cursed out in all languages. Yet it is compelled to participate in its necessary function of waking you up,

That is why Jesus must be hated as well as all those who have experienced a bit of what it means to awaken. Of course false teachers will be praised while Christians must be hated and even killed. The awakening influence is intolerable for a world hating alarm clocks.
Poor Nick. Do you feel trapped in a land of clocks? Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock... faster and faster, louder and louder... DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG!!!! What do you think awaits you when you leave the land of clocks and those who hate clocks, Jesus, and other awakened ones such as yourself, Nick? Will you then see the brilliant white light of full awakening, or might God say, "What's the matter with you, Nick? You turned up your nose at the show I just created for you! Back you go 'til you get it!" :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:21 am
The mind will conjure up just about any story it can possibly imagine just to give it's imagined self some kind of autonomous identity, else what can the mind do with nothing? :) answer is nothing, because it is the nothing that is conjuring everything into existence.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:04 pmThis is why I think the ego is such a manipulative little devil. People can easily be persuaded to serve their egos.
I agree the ego is manipulative because it fights only for it's own survival, it's selfish to the core. In fact everything born of the human ego is destructive, more so than nature itself which is also destructive, but not with the intended harm that is the human ego.

For the idea of creation itself must also imply destruction, in the sense that what can be created can be destroyed. So in essence humans that are creative are also destructive, and can at a split second selfish whim destroy in one second what they have laboriously taken years to create, in other words it is an understatement to call humans totally insane madmen.

Jesus was just a metaphor for peace and love where there isn't any except as a cunning mask worn to divert human consciousness from it's real intention and that is to create deceit,havoc and evil everywhere it co-inhabits with other animals. In truth, the human animal's brain got too massive and it's alway paying a heavy price for it's big egoic brain.

Love is just a load of old bullshit, there is no such thing. People who tell you they love you is because they want something from you that's all, in truth, no one ever loves you. Everything you have been told in reality has been just one big fat LIE after another from the start. People are slaves to their egos. People manipulate and lie and use each other incessantly just to have their own personal agendas fulfilled, and when those agendas are not met, they will drop you like a bad habit without even giving you a second thought. For the victim is just the other persons only way of achieving greedy self-gratification. As for the perpretator it is only interested in it's own entertainment and pleasure of which they are so hopelessly addicted to, as pleasure is their only reason for living and being in the world.

People imprison themselves in their own self made slavery because the ego's only desire is to want to rule the earth and live as long as it possibly can even if than means turning themselves into robots and machines, anything to extent their lives, and fuck anything else that gets in it's way. In fact it's totally ironic that the very planet that sustains these self serving evil egos, is being destroyed to smithereens, by them,which makes human activity on this planet as dumb as rocks.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:08 pm
The most hated of all the mechanical devices is the alarm clock. It is jumped on, stamped, thrown against the wall and cursed out in all languages. Yet it is compelled to participate in its necessary function of waking you up,

I hardly think hating and being intolerable of being awoken by alarm clocks has anything to do with ''Enlightenment.''

No one is enlightened. No one gets enlightened, enlightenment simply means there's NOBODY HOME TO WAKE UP anyway !!!!

The human body still has to participate in the world whether it likes it or not, it simply has no other choice. Thankfully there are reliable alarm clocks that can tell the body that it needs to take a SHIT in the middle of the night else that body ''wakes up'' to a nasty stinky sticky little surprise :shock:

Not all alarm clocks are BAD!!

Sometimes, humans ignore the alarm clocks that are going off in their heads when they are told one minute that they are unconditionally loved forever by another human being only to be told the next minute to fuck the fuck off out of my life you annoying pesky little parasite by that same human being. That's when the awareness of ALARM CLOCKS can seem to be defective, or maybe it's just in denial of the alarm clocks existence. In others words if we want to stay sane in the world, we need to heed our internal alarm clocks not hate them.

We need to switch from believing they are bad into knowing they have our best interest at heart.

Alarm clocks get a bad rap, not all are hated, they can be GOOD little alarm clocks as well !!

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:21 am People who tell you they love you is because they want something from you that's all, in truth, no one ever loves you.
Are you having a bad day?

From my experience, that isn't true. People DO love without wanting something from others. Haven't you ever? I feel love for people all the time, without even knowing them personally or being near them, so how could I want something from them? It is true that a lot of people only know and use love in the way you describe -- but I think your statement is too extreme. You're not speaking of a universal, ultimate truth. If that's how it feels for you, I can understand why you dissolve into non-duality the way you do.

As for being able to tell someone you love to "fuck off"...I can speak to that! :lol: From my perspective: WE ARE ON A STAGE much of the time. We do all kinds of conscious and unconscious, good and bad, constructive and disruptive things on that stage. We are wild creators and destroyers. And we dance with and around each other, influenced and distorted by countless things. We can love someone while not loving what they are being or doing.

Personally, I can love a person and yet still respond very vocally to whatever crazy, distorted thing they're doing, which may be their load of crap or may be affecting everyone around them. So, to that character on the stage, I say "fuck you" or "fuck off". I know that is not who they are at the core of their being or in their basic nature (so to speak), but they have taken on that role or mask to act out something, and I will say if I think it's fucked up. When they stop acting like a raving lunatic and creating so much noise, then we can feel the undercurrent of ever-flowing love again. :-) It (the love) doesn't go away... not for me. But I'm not going to endure someone's absurdly self-indulgent and destructive stage show just because I love them. I might say, "take off the mask, put down the script, and get off the fucking stage". All with love in my heart. :D They can do the same for me when necessary. If we interact on the stage together, that's the show we're producing. Hopefully it's entertaining and fun. If not, we don't have to participate. At any time, we can walk away from the stage.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:59 am
Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:08 pm

I hardly think hating and being intolerable of being awoken by alarm clocks has anything to do with ''Enlightenment.''

No one is enlightened. No one gets enlightened, enlightenment simply means there's NOBODY HOME TO WAKE UP anyway !!!!

The human body still has to participate in the world whether it likes it or not, it simply has no other choice. Thankfully there are reliable alarm clocks that can tell the body that it needs to take a SHIT in the middle of the night else that body ''wakes up'' to a nasty stinky sticky little surprise :shock:

Not all alarm clocks are BAD!!

Sometimes, humans ignore the alarm clocks that are going off in their heads when they are told one minute that they are unconditionally loved forever by another human being only to be told the next minute to fuck the fuck off out of my life you annoying pesky little parasite by that same human being. That's when the awareness of ALARM CLOCKS can seem to be defective, or maybe it's just in denial of the alarm clocks existence. In others words if we want to stay sane in the world, we need to heed our internal alarm clocks not hate them.

We need to switch from believing they are bad into knowing they have our best interest at heart.

Alarm clocks get a bad rap, not all are hated, they can be GOOD little alarm clocks as well !!

You missed the analogy, I was referring to two qualities of sleep. Of course the first is physical sleep or what we do at night in bed. Alarm clocks wake us from physical sleep which is never desirable or pleasant. We prefer to remain asleep in bed rather than the shock of waking up.

Then there is the psychological sleep the Ways including Christianity refer to. There are those who have become developed and their presence enables people to awaken from psychological sleep to experience what they ARE.

Humanity doesn't want its psychological sleep disturbed which means influences inspiring awakening as opposed to BSing about philosophy or the essence of religion must be hated. Who wants their sleep disturbed? Only the minority who have experienced a bit of the value of Awakening. Such people cannot be tolerated in the darkness of our world.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:38 am
You missed the analogy,
No I didn't, I knew what you were talking about, but then was prompted to chime in with my own personal sense of humor.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:21 am People who tell you they love you is because they want something from you that's all, in truth, no one ever loves you.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:12 pmAre you having a bad day?

From my experience, that isn't true. People DO love without wanting something from others. Haven't you ever? I feel love for people all the time, without even knowing them personally or being near them, so how could I want something from them? It is true that a lot of people only know and use love in the way you describe -- but I think your statement is too extreme. You're not speaking of a universal, ultimate truth. If that's how it feels for you, I can understand why you dissolve into non-duality the way you do.
No, I'm not having a bad day. I used to have bad days up until the day I realised there is no one having a bad day, so nowadays I tend and lean more to having very neutral days accepting each day without judging it, in the sense a day for me is just what it is, it's neither good nor bad, and I'm fine with that.

I used to believe in the word LOVE once-upon-a-time, but I no longer believe there is such a thing as LOVE anymore.
I'm not talking about the obvious blood relationship kind of love that is a normal human emotion to like your own kind. I'm talking about the LOVE that seems to come with all kinds of attachments to it like preferences and prejudices and biases, when the word 'love' just turns into a filthy word in my opinion. I actually really don't think LOVE exists anymore. It's just another made up idea by humans.

The word seems too convenient,in that it is often used as a form of manipulation and abuse because it it implies TWO. I have noticed this in my own personal experience. I have a problem with man-made conceptions/language and knowledge as being actually real, and is why that prompted me into studying the likes of Nonduality. For me, there is nothing outside of human man-made language, for me it's all just a made-up fiction which humans have invented. It's a belief structure they have taken on hook line and sinker, for it's all they KNOW, so they rarely ever question it's vadility.

I'd like to continue with the rest of your response to me over here ...viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27326

If you don't mind so as to not derail this thread topic about the Religious Jesus Character.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Humanity doesn't want its psychological sleep disturbed which means influences inspiring awakening as opposed to BSing about philosophy or the essence of religion must be hated. Who wants their sleep disturbed? Only the minority who have experienced a bit of the value of Awakening. Such people cannot be tolerated in the darkness of our world.
In reality there is no one that sleeps or needs to awaken from that sleep. Except in this conception. ( His story)

The sun and moon and every other thing in the universe never sleeps. Every thing is already wide awake, every thing is ON..there's nothing to switch it off, it's called life. And life just does what it does because that's what it's doing.

In the story of awakening, there is no value in that because there is no one there who is going to experience or be deprived of any value anyway, therefore, is it any wonder humans choose not to awaken. They prefer knowledge, for it makes more sense to have it than to not have it.

And to me, that's the whole point of the veil in the first place, else there is no one to act out the play of life. People in the play will wake up only when they want to wake up, and not one second before, those people who are not awake are missing out on nothing, they cannot be deprived of something they are not aware of.

Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:08 am
In reality there is no one that sleeps or needs to awaken from that sleep. Except in this conception. ( His story)

The sun and moon and every other thing in the universe never sleeps. Every thing is already wide awake, every thing is ON..there's nothing to switch it off, it's called life. And life just does what it does because that's what it's doing.

In the story of awakening, there is no value in that because there is no one there who is going to experience or be deprived of any value anyway, therefore, is it any wonder humans choose not to awaken. They prefer knowledge, for it makes more sense to have it than to not have it.

And to me, that's the whole point of the veil in the first place, else there is no one to act out the play of life. People in the play will wake up only when they want to wake up, and not one second before, those people who are not awake are missing out on nothing, they cannot be deprived of something they are not aware of.

Sometimes I read certain explanations from you that seem like they came from "A Course in Miracles" If you are involved with it do yourself a favor and get out One of its founders died in a horrible way from these influences.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:47 pm
Sometimes I read certain explanations from you that seem like they came from "A Course in Miracles" If you are involved with it do yourself a favor and get out One of its founders died in a horrible way from these influences.
You are totally obsessed with your own ideas about reality. You are barking up the wrong tree with your own belief structure about what you think is going on in the mind here.

DAM has never read or had anything to do with "A Course in Miracles" in her entire life.

I was self-realised at the age of 4 years old, long before I could even read or write. Certainly awake even before the internet was invented.When I did eventually start reading esoteric literature which I was naturally drawn to, I was just reading what I already knew, there was no big suprise for me.

I find your comment to be ludicrous and just another trick that the believing brain plays upon itself. I'm not offended but stay totally neutral to such comments, as I'm not really interested in heresy. For only I author and have authority of my own world as I see it from my own personal direct experience that is unique to me. Only I make my own mind as to what rings true for me, I get to decide, not others.

-1-

Post by -1- »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:23 pm Lacewing
My response was based on what has been written about him in the Bible. Apparently he felt that his Father deserted him -- he asked "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" And apparently he also begged his god to not go through with the plan that would result in his death.
A good example of the inability of the secular to understand the sacred and why esoteric and Christianity must be an oral tradition in order to retain its value..
A good example of how fucked up the brains and thought processes of true Christians are, who are trying to defend the false ideal of a "good god" as they insists the Bible describes.

It was Bible scholars who first experienced and practiced cognitive dissonance big time, and they invented the necessarily ensuing false rationality, impossible logic, and all the other stupidity that Christianity has brought into existence.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:27 am
Nick_A wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:47 pm
You are totally obsessed with your own ideas about reality. You are barking up the wrong tree with your own belief structure about what you think is going on in the mind here.

DAM has never read or had anything to do with "A Course in Miracles" in her entire life.

I was self-realised at the age of 4 years old, long before I could even read or write. Certainly awake even before the internet was invented.When I did eventually start reading esoteric literature which I was naturally drawn to, I was just reading what I already knew, there was no big suprise for me.

I find your comment to be ludicrous and just another trick that the believing brain plays upon itself. I'm not offended but stay totally neutral to such comments, as I'm not really interested in heresy. For only I author and have authority of my own world as I see it from my own personal direct experience that is unique to me. Only I make my own mind as to what rings true for me, I get to decide, not others.

No offense intended. When I was the divorced musician living with the town witch I became aware of the dangers of practices which encourage escapism or channeling for example. Some of the ideas within non dualism can easily become excuses for escapism. I wasn't suggesting you are involved with A Course in Miracles. A basic concept in the course is familiar

Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. Herein lies the peace of God.”

It easily becomes a justification for escapism which must be avoided by anyone taking esoteric ideas seriously. When I learned that Helen Shucman, the founder of the Course, died in a state of possession I asked some people who knew about these things and was told to leave it alone. it is nasty stuff.