So what's not to like

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: So what's not to like

Post by Nick_A »

-1- wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:49 am
Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:23 pm Lacewing
My response was based on what has been written about him in the Bible. Apparently he felt that his Father deserted him -- he asked "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" And apparently he also begged his god to not go through with the plan that would result in his death.
A good example of the inability of the secular to understand the sacred and why esoteric and Christianity must be an oral tradition in order to retain its value..
A good example of how fucked up the brains and thought processes of true Christians are, who are trying to defend the false ideal of a "good god" as they insists the Bible describes.

It was Bible scholars who first experienced and practiced cognitive dissonance big time, and they invented the necessarily ensuing false rationality, impossible logic, and all the other stupidity that Christianity has brought into existence.
Fool's gold exists because there is real gold. –Rumi ...

I am well aware of the amount and the effects of self deception in man made Christendom. But as Rumi suggests, because Christianity has devolved in society into the many forms of Christendom doesn't mean the real gold of Christianity the seeker of truth is attracted to doesn't exist.
Dontaskme

Re: So what's not to like

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:39 pm

Some of the ideas within non dualism can easily become excuses for escapism.
Which requires a mind to know one is imprisoned in the first place. The only way out of that predicament is back in, for there is nothing outside of the walls that appear to bind us either.

It easily becomes a justification for escapism which must be avoided by anyone taking esoteric ideas seriously. When I learned that Helen Shucman, the founder of the Course, died in a state of possession I asked some people who knew about these things and was told to leave it alone. it is nasty stuff.
Better never to have been born then, is my simple solution, she's better off dead.