So what's not to like

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: So what's not to like

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:10 am
Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:43 am
"The secret of the demagogue is to make himself as stupid as his audience so they believe they are clever as he." Karl Kraus
So now we're talking about Trump? Can you please just get off of politics?
Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:43 am You have no concept of the difference between the Christ and the anti-Christ as the ultimate demagogue.
You don't know what I have a concept of. You constantly make up crap and spew it everywhere with complete irresponsibility. You have no credibility, Nick. So you should just stick to having light-hearted fun... because you don't know anything and you sound stupid when you claim that you do.
Male wisdom
Proverbs 21:9
It is better to live in a corner of a roof Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:28 am Male wisdom
You haven't demonstrated that in any way, shape, or form.

There's a big difference between male wisdom and the nutjob spewing that you pride yourself on.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:28 am
It is better to live in a corner of a roof Than in a house shared with a contentious woman.
Lacewing chronicles 1:1
"Stupid men foolishly masquerading as smart men are easily unmasked."
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:14 am
Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:36 pm Potentially...

Fanaticism
Blatant behavioral choices that targeted him for crucifiction
Believing in a god who was not really there for him
Asserting that Christ was a believer is a huge, unwarrented assumption.  The underlying principle of Christianity is eternal life, not an eternal and unchanging mortality. 
spoken like a true Saulist Christian.

you make Jude, James, John, Mark, Matt, Luke, and Peter cry.

Jesus was a Jew, so he believed in YHWH.

he and the above men also affirmed a belief in a moral absolute and that that was important in this life and the next.

unlike your Saul that was a reprobate than only care about believing in Gebuss for salvation in the next life, ignoring morality wholly in this life.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:35 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:21 am
Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:36 pm Believing in a god who was not really there for him
Or he could have been believing in a personified separate presence that was not really there.

There was never any sacrifice since being present was all that could be known to be just a dream anyway, and so any fear of death would have been totally diminished.
My response was based on what has been written about him in the Bible. Apparently he felt that his Father deserted him -- he asked "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" And apparently he also begged his god to not go through with the plan that would result in his death.
per Mark the oldest and most accurate protrayal of Jesus (a good man - the most good alive - and so adopted by YHWH as his Son - upon his baptism on the Joran river by John the Baptist.

the other Gospels make him less man and more God - luke and matt is in the middle in this regard.

Gospel of John is clear, Jesus was never born nor really a man - but always God (not his son (as Mark/Matt/ and Luke say he was). in gospel of John Jesus is a robot, has all the answers, is never afraid (nor human IMO), and willingly - even greefully - to fulfill being the Lamb of the Lord - goes to his crucifiction and "death"

there are 3 jesus's in the 4 gospels.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:45 am

I wonder if Jesus and his so called sacrifice ever actually happened or was it all just a story, a dream dreamt by no one.

that is actually a smart question. and knowing that reading/writting was rare back then, and that only the top top 1-pecenters were written about were (the fact that there is no written account of jesus during his time - he being a stonemason/stonemason's son (latter become a "carpenter") - I have my reasons for thinking he was a stonemason - saw a couple of docs about it and the arguments convenced me personally.

the fact that he and his brother (and John the Baptist - all plebs, not 1-percenters) were mentioned by Josephus 40 yrs after thier deaths, and in the "gospels" (including non canonical Gospel of Peter and the Didache(sp)) to me suggests that the man did actually exist, and being an essene nationalist - opposed to Roman Rule, was killed for his insuraction.

BTW he may have been the son of a Syrian Army roman solder named Pantera. the jews of 80 AD revered "jesus pantera the healer".

of course if he was the son of Pantera than he may have been a bastard child and not the son of a stonemason maybe named Joseph.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

gaffo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:16 am
Lacewing wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:36 pm Potentially...

Fanaticism
Blatant behavioral choices that targeted him for crucifiction
Believing in a god who was not really there for him
Asserting that Christ was a believer is a huge, unwarrented assumption.  The underlying principle of Christianity is eternal life, not an eternal and unchanging mortality. 

he and the above men also affirmed a belief in a moral absolute and that that was important in this life and the next.

unlike your Saul that was a reprobate than only care about believing in Gebuss for salvation in the next life, ignoring morality wholly in this life.
Moral and immoral people are both killed by falling towers regardless of how they argue moral absolutes. Something is more important.

Luke 13:

Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:17 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:45 am I wonder if Jesus and his so called sacrifice ever actually happened or was it all just a story
Me too. I can see how the stories could be based on a real person, since they were written by different people who gave similar accounts. Apparently, it was regular practice at that time to nail and hang rebels and troublemakers on gates and posts to make an example of them. It's understandable how his devoted followers would glorify his death and make him immortal, all within the larger story of their belief of a god, and Jesus as their beloved leader.
its important to know sourcing too.

Matt and Luke are sourced on Mark and "Q" and each have one other the other does not. so that makes 4 sources (assuming those 4 were not all based on the now long lost "q" - of course if all 4 (only mark exists today of course) are based on "q" then that make only one source originally.

so who knows, lets spit the difference and say 3 sources then.

then we have 3 separate sources:

Gospel of John - no taken from the Synoptics in any way, its its own creation (no doubt from earlier oral or even written accounts now lost - but not related to the sources of the Synoptics).

The Didiche(sp)

Josephus' work.

----so that makes 5 separate sources about Jesus.

(BTW it looks like John the Baptist was a bigger fish at the time - had more followers). It probably to affirm the Gospels that Jesus was a follower of John, and then after the latter was killed "took over" (more aptly took some of the former followers, many stayed with the dead John as essenes not affiliated with jesus, and did not join jesus at the time.

I believe Saul mentions Appolionus(sp) as one of the 500 or so John the Baptist followers that did not join christianity until later, after jesus' death.
(i might be wrong on this - investigate this yourselves if interested)
Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:17 pm Look at how many Christians today hold up and glorify leaders -- "seeing"/imagining only what they want to see (what serves their stories) despite so much to the contrary that is right in front of them which they refuse to acknowledge. It is a relentlessly controlling state of mind -- which seems to show one extreme to which humans can create and go. Many appear to be profoundly intoxicated and rigid from it -- especially when they cannot even consider or acknowledge other/broader truths, which should be completely obvious/visible to anyone. Fascinating what humans can and will do.
Saulists took over Christianity by 200 AD. the orginal Christians are long dead. i.e Jewish christians (book of James/Jude) where works matter.

today its all Athoritarianism, Saulist's "Faith alone (fuck good works) for salvation" mentality.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:20 pm DaM
I wonder if Jesus and his so called sacrifice ever actually happened or was it all just a story, a dream dreamt by no one.
A good idea but the wrong deity. It makes sense though with these minor corrections.

I wonder if Lord Obama and his so called progressive agenda ever actually had any merit or was it all just a story, a dream dreamt by no one.
I wonder too. get back to me in 200 yrs, you might be surprised.

may Obama be with you.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:13 pm
A good idea but the wrong deity. It makes sense though with these minor corrections.

I wonder if Lord Obama and his so called progressive agenda ever actually had any merit or was it all just a story, a dream dreamt by no one.
When you are rendered impotent by a Republican Senate you might as well dream.
But one thing is for sure, the reputation of the USA rocketed throughout the world during his time. In fact it rocketed upwards just as much as it has crashed and burned with the election of that moron Trump, where the reputation of the USA is at an all time low. Lower even that Nixon under the Watergate scandal.
America has never looked quite so stupid.
and more importantly impotent. like tRump prob is, with is tiny..........hands.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:43 am
Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:55 pm

We're talking about Jesus, you jackoff! Your childish redirections and distortions are so pathetic. You're more obsessed with Obama than anyone here. And you're the only one who even suggests some kind of lordship status. Is there no limit to your mental issues?
Now that's more like it. I was afraid for a while that I was losing my reputation to IC and coming in second. Now I see my reputation is intact
"The secret of the demagogue is to make himself as stupid as his audience so they believe they are clever as he." Karl Kraus
You have no concept of the difference between the Christ and the anti-Christ as the ultimate demagogue. Don't feel bad. You have become the norm in progressive society and who doesn't want to be normal.
The Anti-Christ died 1939 yrs ago (68 AD), his name was Nero, and his number was 616, not 666 (the latter is a mistake in the bible and incorrect).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:47 am
gaffo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:16 am

Moral and immoral people are both killed by falling towers regardless of how they argue moral absolutes. Something is more important.

Luke 13:

Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”
yes, shit happens. rain falls on the rightious and the wicked, refer to Job, that is all Jesus is saying above.

not "good works don;t matter, fatih alone" is al that matters, that is saulist crap.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:08 am
Nick_A wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:28 am
Lacewing chronicles 1:1
"Stupid men foolishly masquerading as smart men are easily unmasked."
Genius!

ROFLMAO

🙏
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Wrong.

Any name uttered is a knowledge known by no name.

The known know nothing.

Life is a dream dreamt by no one.

Jesus was a metaphorical mythical story a dream character dreamt by nothing and everything.

If ''a deity'' as you like to call it was actually a someone called Lord Obama then you the knower would have to be that character you know to have made such a claim.

Are you Lord Obama? or did you just make that character up out of thin air?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:17 pm
Look at how many Christians today hold up and glorify leaders -- "seeing"/imagining only what they want to see (what serves their stories) despite so much to the contrary that is right in front of them which they refuse to acknowledge. It is a relentlessly controlling state of mind -- which seems to show one extreme to which humans can create and go. Many appear to be profoundly intoxicated and rigid from it -- especially when they cannot even consider or acknowledge other/broader truths, which should be completely obvious/visible to anyone. Fascinating what humans can and will do.
I agree Lacy.

The mind will conjure up just about any story it can possibly imagine just to give it's imagined self some kind of autonomous identity, else what can the mind do with nothing? :) answer is nothing, because it is the nothing that is conjuring everything into existence.

When a story is believed, then it becomes real to the believer. A believer can only exist within it's own believed story. No story without a story teller, no make belief, no story.

And while many stories/authors appear, there is only one reader of all stories no one ever wrote, except as believed...in this conception aka belief.