Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by Greatest I am » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:30 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:13 pm
Do you put love above sex or sex above love?

Do you care if gays are gays or if they get married?
Irrelevant nonsense!
Not to gays or this discussion. Get into it or get out of it.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by Sculptor » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:53 pm
Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?
DL
Homosexuals are a group of people. Some remain silent about their homosexuality, but they are generally ordinary except for their sexual preference, about which they hope to be open and honest, and nothing much else distinguishes them from the anyone else, except that traditionally they have been vilified and persecuted, whilst today they enjoy a situation more close to the rights we all deserve as humans. Despite this in many countries they are considered non persons, illegal, or thought of as evil.

Homophobes, as a group are characterised by a hateful prurience against a group of otherwise ordinary people about whom they feel fear, distrust, horror, or hatred, and about whom they are often quite ignorant.
I would suggest that ANY group of people that can be so characterised are by definition poorly adjusted mentally, as well as morally.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8168
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 pm

The morally-beyond-reproach thought police have arrived :roll:

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:28 pm
So homophobes are also applying a double standard on this as they are hating gays for doing exactly as they do except for the gender difference.
I mean I don't think they're doing it to the same extent, and I don't think it's why most 'homophobes' actually dislike gay people.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8168
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:23 am

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 am
Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:28 pm
So homophobes are also applying a double standard on this as they are hating gays for doing exactly as they do except for the gender difference.
I mean I don't think they're doing it to the same extent, and I don't think it's why most 'homophobes' actually dislike gay people.
I suppose it does have that effect when you take your children to the park and they want to go to the toilet but when you get there you find men in there having sex. But there is also very real prejudice against them to the extent where innocent men have rotted in prison, and murderers have got off scot free simply because the victim was a gay man (actual events and quite recent too).
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:23 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 pm
The morally-beyond-reproach thought police have arrived :roll:
Isn't it nuts? Even on an anonymous forum, people feel this incessant need to stand out as these over-reaching, moral-faggots at the mere whisper of certain groups that have been historically oppressed.

When I was a teenager, guys did this with women because they wanted to get laid, and politicians do this because they want that group's vote. So why the fuck is this bleeding more and more into the everyday?

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8168
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:29 am

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:23 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 pm
The morally-beyond-reproach thought police have arrived :roll:
Isn't it nuts? Even on an anonymous forum, people feel this incessant need to stand out as these over-reaching, moral-faggots at the mere whisper of certain groups that have been historically oppressed.

When I was a teenager, guys did this with women because they wanted to get laid, and politicians do this because they want that group's vote. So why the fuck is this bleeding more and more into the everyday?
Because many of them are school teachers, so we have a couple of generations of annoying, brainwashed PC twits who don't know any different and are incapable of thinking critically (or even of reading or writing because their teachers were far too busy with social engineering than actual teaching).

User avatar
Sir-Sister-of-Suck
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:54 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:29 am
Because many of them are school teachers, so we have a couple of generations of annoying, brainwashed PC twits who don't know any different and are incapable of thinking critically (or even of reading or writing because their teachers were far too busy with social engineering than actual teaching).
To be completely honest, I don't even need to ask why because I've definitely been guilty of this sort of virtue signaling, myself. We live in a sensitive time when the slightest criticism towards a minority is given the worst interpretation, so I guess I just thought it was a good way to deflect anyone from calling me a bigot. But now I can only see people doing it for that reason, and it's honestly pretty manipulative. Even though I think he's a pretty smart dude and one of the better users on this forum, FlashDangerPants is a good example of someone who's a big offender of this. Kind of hard to digest his posts when half of the time spent reading them goes into this mental fellation of whatever group was involved in his discussion.

Maybe it was taught to me, but not by some school teacher. More of something that was picked up after seeing other people do it.

User avatar
RCSaunders
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by RCSaunders » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:59 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:13 pm
Do you put love above sex or sex above love?
Why the false dichotomy? Why does one have to be, "above," the other and what can that possibly mean, (or matter)?

Do you not believe that love is possible, sans sex? Do you condemn eunuchs to a life without love. Are people who, because of accident or disease, are incapable of sex incapable of profound love?

Why do you think sex is so important? It is certainly not necessary to life. One cannot live without water or nourishment, but one certainly can live without sex.

Obsession with sex is common today, but that emphasis is a shallow view of life and true importance. As wonderful as it is, it is a commonplace pleasure that any ignorant fool can enjoy. The greatest pleasures, and most important, are only available to the exceptional.

Sexual obsession of any variety is not well adjusted!

Walker
Posts: 6844
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by Walker » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:12 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:08 pm
Walker wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:41 am
Bodycentric orientation is a shallow, perhaps even irrelevant, basis for philosophy, which is about the mind.
I will take that as a yes to the question.

Regards
DL
Is not how the body is used sexually, the defining characteristic of homosexuality?

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by Greatest I am » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Sculptor wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 pm
Greatest I am wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:53 pm
Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?
DL
Homosexuals are a group of people. Some remain silent about their homosexuality, but they are generally ordinary except for their sexual preference, about which they hope to be open and honest, and nothing much else distinguishes them from the anyone else, except that traditionally they have been vilified and persecuted, whilst today they enjoy a situation more close to the rights we all deserve as humans. Despite this in many countries they are considered non persons, illegal, or thought of as evil.

Homophobes, as a group are characterised by a hateful prurience against a group of otherwise ordinary people about whom they feel fear, distrust, horror, or hatred, and about whom they are often quite ignorant.
I would suggest that ANY group of people that can be so characterised are by definition poorly adjusted mentally, as well as morally.
I like all till your last sentence.

You have included the whole world. We all carry labels. Even you.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by Greatest I am » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:05 pm

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 pm
The morally-beyond-reproach thought police have arrived :roll:
Quite good that you recognize they are beyond your reproach. Get on board, lame brain?

If you can't beat the moral position, an intelligent person would adopt it.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by Greatest I am » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:06 pm

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:01 am
Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:28 pm
So homophobes are also applying a double standard on this as they are hating gays for doing exactly as they do except for the gender difference.
I mean I don't think they're doing it to the same extent, and I don't think it's why most 'homophobes' actually dislike gay people.
So why do you think homophobes are discriminating against gays without a just cause?

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by Greatest I am » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 pm

RCSaunders wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:59 am
Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:13 pm
Do you put love above sex or sex above love?
Why the false dichotomy? Why does one have to be, "above," the other and what can that possibly mean, (or matter)?

Do you not believe that love is possible, sans sex? Do you condemn eunuchs to a life without love. Are people who, because of accident or disease, are incapable of sex incapable of profound love?

Why do you think sex is so important? It is certainly not necessary to life. One cannot live without water or nourishment, but one certainly can live without sex.

Obsession with sex is common today, but that emphasis is a shallow view of life and true importance. As wonderful as it is, it is a commonplace pleasure that any ignorant fool can enjoy. The greatest pleasures, and most important, are only available to the exceptional.

Sexual obsession of any variety is not well adjusted!
You confirmed that homophobes are poorly adjusted thanks to their sexual obsetion.

Thanks for putting love above sex.

"Do you not believe that love is possible, sans sex?"

Absolutely and most older couples end that way eventually and to deny gays that life long love is evil.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2113
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by Greatest I am » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:16 pm

Walker wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:12 am
Greatest I am wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:08 pm
Walker wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:41 am
Bodycentric orientation is a shallow, perhaps even irrelevant, basis for philosophy, which is about the mind.
I will take that as a yes to the question.

Regards
DL
Is not how the body is used sexually, the defining characteristic of homosexuality?
In part, sure.

Both love and sex are factors and those that would deny gays love because of sex, when love is more important than sex, are morally inferior to those who put lover above sex.

Regards
DL

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Age and 5 guests